Diverge Networks
PK Appeal - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: 1980s Mafia Roleplay (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Character Appeals (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Accepted (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: PK Appeal (/showthread.php?tid=4673)

PK Appeal - nmakemoney - 10-12-2022

Name of Character: Ricotta Manicotti

SteamID: Steam ID: 76561198114273109

Date of PK: 10/12/2022

Reason for PK: Wickers stated: "RDM of civilian character thinking it was a war character"

Why should you be unPK'd?: I was on my war character looking for Zolotoy and Cartel on Union City. I found a character that looked like one of the people I was looking for and I shot him down. After the character did not disappear immediately, I realized that this must have been the wrong person who looked exactly the same. I was expecting a penalty for RDM, but certainly not a PK. I do not have a history of just RDMing random people and have never received anything more than a warning for anything in the several months I have been playing. Additionally, the admin that had me PK'd, Wickers, has a vested interest in the opposing faction in the war.

In the future, I will do more due diligence to ensure I am only going after the correct target. I did RDM thinking it was a war character and am fine to accept an RDM ban. I am an active member of this server and hardly cause any trouble. I am respectful to admins and played by the rules in this war. I am even a donator to diverge. I am not asking for special treatment, only to be treated fairly. Thank you for your time and consideration.

If possible please provide video evidence or photo evidence if PK does not follow the guidelines: 

RE: PK Appeal - westend - 10-12-2022

As soon as the Italians spotted the Costa and Zolotoy on UC, everyone started joining from SS. You were one of them with your buddies and you metagamed to find what he looked like by checking the TAB menu and figuring out his model. You thought he was a war character because of the heavy metagaming committed on your side. The problematic nature of your RDM is that you hopped on, waited a maximum of 3-4 minutes then straight on killed the guy when your civ scouts confirmed his position. To be fair to the appealer, these are my assumptions (more like observations in-game actually) and I do not claim my statements to be factual.

RE: PK Appeal - nmakemoney - 10-12-2022

(10-12-2022, 07:22 PM)westend Wrote: As soon as the Italians spotted the Costa and Zolotoy on UC, everyone started joining from SS. You were one of them with your buddies and you metagamed to find what he looked like by checking the TAB menu and figuring out his model. You thought he was a war character because of the heavy metagaming committed on your side. The problematic nature of your RDM is that you hopped on, waited a maximum of 3-4 minutes then straight on killed the guy when your civ scouts confirmed his position. To be fair to the appealer, these are my assumptions (more like observations in-game actually) and I do not claim my statements to be factual.

I appreciate how things may have seemed from your perspective and that you are trying to keep things fair.

Here is what happened: I hopped on UC to see if there were any enemy factions on since there were none in SS, saw that there were only several people on in the whole city and two of them were enemies. I was fairly certain at the time that the character I shot was one of those in an opposing faction and that is why I killed him. He wasn't italian or in a white shirt and the odds were in my favor since there were less than 10 people on the server. Obviously, I was wrong and only killed a civilian, which is RDM. 

The 3-4 minutes I was on, I was out scouting through the map looking for people. Once a potential target was identified by me, I engaged. Again, sorry to the civ I killed, happy to reimburse any lost items and take my ban for RDM.

RE: PK Appeal - Rambo - 10-12-2022

Since when we as staff have ever done anything gone off speculations. Noone else in this war has been pked for killing a citizen. The person should be punished for RDM not for a PK of an entire char assuming he killed them for the war? A warning makes the most sense I highly disagree with this ruling, and this should go into effect with both sides.

RE: PK Appeal - Lordskips - 10-13-2022

(10-12-2022, 08:55 PM)Rambo Wrote: Since when we as staff have ever done anything gone off speculations. Noone else in this war has been pked for killing a citizen. The person should be punished for RDM not for a PK of an entire char assuming he killed them for the war? A warning makes the most sense I highly disagree with this ruling, and this should go into effect with both sides.
hell nah bro dis nigga lyin he aint jus get pked for rdm he rdmed then got off right after

RE: PK Appeal - nmakemoney - 10-13-2022

(10-13-2022, 02:31 AM)Lordskips Wrote:
(10-12-2022, 08:55 PM)Rambo Wrote: Since when we as staff have ever done anything gone off speculations. Noone else in this war has been pked for killing a citizen. The person should be punished for RDM not for a PK of an entire char assuming he killed them for the war? A warning makes the most sense I highly disagree with this ruling, and this should go into effect with both sides.
hell nah bro dis nigga lyin he aint jus get pked for rdm he rdmed then got off right after

There were no other people on in the opposing factions online in UC when I logged off and I didn't PK another war character so it honestly didn't even cross my mind that I had to stay on for longer than 5 minutes since the person I shot was a civilian. Since when is it a pk for shooting a civ and logging off after being on for 5 minutes? Also, I wasn't hiding. I logged on in my main back in South Side to see if that's where the Zoltoy/Cartel from UC went.

Also, I confirmed with Wickers that the timeframe wasn't an issue. I asked him straight up and he said the reason was for RDM of non-war character

PK Appeal - Verax - 10-13-2022

Your appeal has been reviewed and accepted.

Your character has been reinstated and can be used again.