Diverge Networks
Rejoining staff - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Accepted (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Thread: Rejoining staff (/showthread.php?tid=4706)

Rejoining staff - ShowerCoach - 10-16-2022

In-Game Name(s): Giovanni Lucci, Brad Boswell, and Giuseppe Zanotti
Steam Name: King_Piccolo415
Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198335236610/
Steam ID: 76561198335236610 (STEAM_0:0:0)
Discord Username: ShowerCoach#2167
Total playtime on our Servers (Do !time in-game): 2W 5D 12H
Server you spend the most time on (Miami/New York): Southside and Union equally.
Time Zone: Central Time zone.
How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?: 30 hours a week, possibly more.
Have you read the rules?: Yes
Do you have a working microphone?: Yes
Do you acknowledge that you must attend all staff meetings (Unless you have stated why you cannot beforehand): Yes
Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands?: I know a little bit from the last time I was staff here. May need a refresher course.
Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?: Yes
-------------------------------------------------
Long Answer
Questions proceeded with an asterix require a response of 5 Sentences Minimum.

What is your motivation/reason for applying?:  * My motivation is driven by my previous experience in this server. I want to get back on track with helping this server, and give back to the community. People will hate me for saying this and it is ok. My goal in being staff in this server is making the server more appealing, less stressful for the admins and Game Masters, and creating a positive environment .  I love helping people, and it is my passion to serve this community. If given the chance to come back as a mod, I will be working to achieve my goals and help others to achieve their goals as well.

Why should you be considered over other candidates?:  * I am unbiased and I am a human like everyone else. I won't be a cocky prick, or asshole to the members of the server. I have fair judgement and a balanced outlook on problem solving. My recent work is proof that I wasn't messing around. I get on a lot and help people out to the best of my ability.

Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where, what position and how long): I have worked for Diverge for a few months until my mom got really sick, now she has cancer and I am finding a balance in my life

Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?: No
Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?:  * I am neutral I would suppose. My Giovanni character killed Dinero and thus him being a little famous.
Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names: A few have last week, I forgot their names though.
-------------------------------------------------
Problem Solving
Detail step by step exactly the actions you would take.

Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?: I would switch characters to my staff character, I would then proceed to fly up to a room in the sky. From there, I would find the person who was RDM'd. Teleport them to the room, then bring the RDM'er to the room as well. I will ask the person who was RDM'd what happen, then I would collect Clips if applicable. Next, I will ask the accused if they have any proof as well. After I collect all of the necessary evidence, I will make a decision. Depending on the Previous offences, we will go over the rules and I will explain to them what they should and should not do. They would either recieve a warn or a ban depending on the Previous Offences.

You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?: I would clip it and send it to a higher up through support tickets. Zero Tolerance for staff to be abusing commands and abilities.

A very good friend of yours joins the server. Over the course of an hour, you’ve received multiple complaints about them not following rules, RDM’ing, and minging. How do you proceed knowing this can affect your friendship with them?: Approach them like everyone else. Grab a room in the sky, and teleport them to you. Explain to them that they are breaking the rules, and that they need to go over them again. I would then proceed to give them a 6 hour ban. I will not let things slide because they are "friends".

Rejoining staff - Pendred - 10-17-2022

Thank you for applying to the Diverge Networks staff team!
It is my pleasure to inform you that your application has been accepted.

Submit a ticket on our Discord for training and to get setup.