Diverge Networks
Princass Application - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Accepted (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Thread: Princass Application (/showthread.php?tid=4713)

Princass Application - vagabond - 10-17-2022

In-Game Name(s): Maria Colombo
Steam Name: princass
Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/princassi/
Steam ID: [U:1:91294291]
Discord Username: princass#5268
Total playtime on our Servers (Do !time in-game): A week
Server you spend the most time on (Miami/New York): New York
Time Zone: AEST
How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?: Four days a week
Have you read the rules?: Yes
Do you have a working microphone?: Yes
Do you acknowledge that you must attend all staff meetings (Unless you have stated why you cannot beforehand): Yes
Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands?: Yes
Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?: Yes
-------------------------------------------------
Long Answer
Questions proceeded with an asterix require a response of 5 Sentences Minimum.

What is your motivation/reason for applying?: Being a part of the mafiarp community for so long has gotten tiresome, I’m looking for something to renew my experience on the server and make gameplay more lively and interesting. I play every single day and I think I would enjoy having the authority and responsibility that comes with being a staff member. I've been staff on several other games and have a general knowledge of moderating on gmod in other servers, I'd like to be useful for the community and add help that was otherwise not available. 

Why should you be considered over other candidates?: I would be a fresh new face and perhaps provide better insight to the illegal crime factions on this server. I’ve been strictly a part of mob families and have seen the ins and outs of several different interactions with said groups. This means I can provide input in differing situations being mediated by staff. I will always give an unbiased approach and will be active whenever available. I also play on a different timezone to a lot of the staff members, which means I will be on later in the day and earlier in the morning (EST). I'm dedicated and patient, I always make time for sits and to hear people out.

Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where, what position and how long): Moderator on Typhon Networks for 3 months, and staffing experience on other games such as minecraft, arma 3, and in big discord servers.

Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?: No

Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?: I've been playing mafia for 3 years now give or take, have a decent presence within the community and are familiar/friendly with a lot of the factions and longtime players. Over the years I've become friends with a lot of the members and staff outside of the game and enjoy interacting with the playerbase. I like to think I'm respected or at the very least well known. I'm civil with everyone and even in roleplay situations tend not to have a bias, so usually people enjoy having a chat with me or ask me for help.
Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names: Pendred and Rem
-------------------------------------------------
Problem Solving
Detail step by step exactly the actions you would take.

Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?: Tell another staff member to avoid bias if I witnessed it firsthand. If I was not there for the rdm I would switch to my staff character if I wasn't actively involved in a rp scenario, if I was preoccupied I would again forward it onto another staff member as soon as possible.

You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?: I'd keep an eye on them to make sure it wasn't a consisent thing, and if I noticed it persisting I would then begin to collect evidence and maybe tell them to stop without being rude. If the behaviour and abuse continued I would let the upper administration know and let them handle it from there, providing evidence such as screenshots and videos.

A very good friend of yours joins the server. Over the course of an hour, you’ve received multiple complaints about them not following rules, RDM’ing, and minging. How do you proceed knowing this can affect your friendship with them?: Let them know that it isn't tolerated and can ruin the experience for other players. I would kick them and give them an opportunity to stop and if it continued pursue a ban.

Princass Application - Pendred - 10-17-2022

Thank you for applying to the Diverge Networks staff team!
It is my pleasure to inform you that your application has been accepted.

Submit a ticket on our Discord for training and to get setup.