Diverge Networks
Staff Application - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Accepted (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Thread: Staff Application (/showthread.php?tid=4759)

Staff Application - Mascotics - 10-30-2022

In-Game Name(s): Johnny McDonagh
Steam Name: Mascotics
Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/mascotics
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:504403679
Discord Username: Masco#1715
Total playtime on our Servers (Do !time in-game): 2W, 6D, 9H and 34M
Server you spend the most time on (Miami/New York): New York
Time Zone: EST
How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?: 5-6 hours per day
Have you read the rules?: Yes
Do you have a working microphone?: Yes
Do you acknowledge that you must attend all staff meetings (Unless you have stated why you cannot beforehand): Yes
Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands?: Highly proficient in SAM, some knowledge in Nutscript commands
Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?: Yes

-------------------------------------------------
Long Answer
Questions proceeded with an asterix require a response of 5 Sentences Minimum.

What is your motivation/reason for applying?:  I am applying for a Staff position because I have grown to love this server and the community. At first, it was a bit dodgy, but ever since I became an active, everyday player, this community has grown on me. I feel that I could assist the current Staff Team with tickets to ensure the level of Roleplay does not take a dip due to excessive minging, etc. I also play a lot on Union City, so I could add an additional Staff presence on that server.

Why should you be considered over other candidates?:  With my previous experience on the top end of staff teams on other servers, including being an owner of a successful Garry’s Mod server, I feel that I could bring another diverse way of handling situations. I am also unbiased and firm in the rules and do not allow misinterpretation of them. I wouldn’t say that I am a hard ass, by the books guy that people will grow to hate, but more of a if you’ve played here, you know what the rules are, kind of person. I also dedicated a good handful of hours on the server throughout the day including mornings, afternoons, and evenings. So, I have a wide variety of availability to assist in taking tickets.

Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where, what position and how long):
  • Nameless Network PoliceRP - Owner for 8 months. We averaged 60-80 players per day on the regular and had a diverse staff team to assist. Managed all members of the staff team, player base, and did all the development work as well.
  • Civant Gaming PoliceRP - Started as Trial Moderator and worked my way up to Senior Administration within 3 months. Had a very high average player base and took over 2,000 player tickets in my time on the staff team.
Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?: No, I have not.

Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?:  I would say that I have gathered a small name for myself in the community. I hang out in the main Diverge Discord with folks, mainly in the mornings. I also play the server a lot everyday and participate in OOC chats with people. I am a Faction Leader that is not afraid to mingle and hang out with my family members. I’d say that, overall, people tend to get along with me. I like to make people laugh and have a good time when I am around - so I think that helps quite a bit. Life’s too short to mingle in internet beef for long.

Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names: Nah, I don’t believe so, but hopefully some will recognize me and give me a thumbs up in approval!

-------------------------------------------------
Problem Solving
Detail step by step exactly the actions you would take.

Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?: I would first attempt to open a ticket for another staff member to handle, as it is highly recommended that you do not self sit. If no other member of staff was available, and it was a clear and obvious rule break, I would switch over and question the guy. If it’s clear rule breaking and RDM after questioning, I would apply a punishment. But, that’s only after checking for another staff member first.

You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?: I would gather any evidence I was able to. Screenshots, video recordings, and any logging information available to me on the situation. I would then submit this information to UA for their review. Someone that abuses their staff position obviously does not deserve or respect the position they’ve been given.

A very good friend of yours joins the server. Over the course of an hour, you’ve received multiple complaints about them not following rules, RDM’ing, and minging. How do you proceed knowing this can affect your friendship with them?: I would treat them as any other player. If they are rule breaking and being an idiot, that’s on them. I treat this server as it should be, a serious Roleplay. To avoid the tensions, I would first see if another staff member is available to handle the situation and ticket(s) on the friend, but if none are available, then I would handle it properly. I might, on the side, tell the person to stop being a retard and giving me a bad name, but the proper punishments would be applied.

RE: Staff Application - ThraxPrinceVon - 10-30-2022

-1 Keep running dem Oil Barrels and killing People who are already dead

RE: Staff Application - Guitar Guy - 10-30-2022

+1 He knows the rules and would be a great addition to the staff team. He mainly chills in union and it would help to have regular staff over there.

RE: Staff Application - miff - 10-31-2022

+1 very professional guy could be very good staff member

RE: Staff Application - Kobold_Hugo - 10-31-2022

+1 This Man Has Previous Experience In Other Communities And Would Be A Great Addition To Staff

RE: Staff Application - Liam Benelli - 11-03-2022

+1 Very Good guy patient and knows the rules would make a very good staff member.

RE: Staff Application - Rem - 11-07-2022

For the future, don't nag UA or pester about asking your application to be reviewed. It can put you at a disadvantage.

Thank you for applying to the Diverge Networks staff team!
It is my pleasure to inform you that your application has been accepted.

Submit a ticket on our Discord for training and to get setup.