Diverge Networks
Staff App - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Accepted (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Thread: Staff App (/showthread.php?tid=4823)

Staff App - Quartz - 11-14-2022

In-Game Name(s): Councilor James David, Chew "Dragon Eye' Kok Long Po, LeKobe Jordan

Steam Name: Cranberry LeBron 

Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197976226322/

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:7980297

Discord Username: ABAQR#9092

Total playtime on our Servers (Do !time in-game): 1mo 4d 2h 39m

Server you spend the most time on (SouthSide/UnionCity): Southside

Time Zone: CST

How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?: At least 3-4 hours everyday, on my days off from work I can average more.

Have you read the rules?: Yes

Do you have a working microphone?: Yes

Do you acknowledge that you must attend all staff meetings (Unless you have stated why you cannot beforehand): Yes

Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands?: Somewhat but I'm a fast learner

Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?: Yes
-------------------------------------------------
Long Answer
Questions proceeded with an asterix require a response of 5 Sentences Minimum.

What is your motivation/reason for applying?:  * I enjoy the server a lot and I would like to see it prosper more than it already is. I believe the staff we have right now is good it just seems like there's sometimes an understaffing issue so I would love to help considering I'm already usually on the server in my free time. Plus I actually want to do tickets just because sometimes it seems like there's a lot of tickets at times and not very many staff on and helping people that like the server and want to keep it running would make me happy.

Why should you be considered over other candidates?:  * I think I have a good amount of time and knowledge of the server. I spend a lot of time understanding how the server runs and what peoples tendencies could be in situations that tickets can be made. I also feel like I have a good reputation around the server and I notice that people tend to have heavy opinions on staff sometimes and I would like to flip that reputation for the staff team, but of course I wouldn't bend the rules for anybody.

Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where, what position and how long): I do not.

Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?: No.

Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?:  *I believe I'm pretty known with multiple factions. I haven't heard anything negative about me from anybody so I would say that I'm pretty much liked throughout the server. I don't have any problems with anybody as well.

Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names: Duggar, Smurf, James
-------------------------------------------------
Problem Solving
Detail step by step exactly the actions you would take.

Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?: I would wait a bit to see if someone else takes the ticket while also observing where it happened to make sure no more RDM or NLR occurs. If after some time someone didn't handle it I would take the ticket and ask for a clip of the situation, and if it fits within the rules of RDM then I would apply the correct punishment. If I'm involved in the situation however like speaking or hit somehow then I wouldn't take the sit at all due to rule of thumb of being involved.

You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?: No matter what they are still abusing their power as staff so I would have to report it. I would collect all the evidence I could get and report it to a staff member higher than me, this way even if the proof isn’t enough the staff member can keep an eye on them and make sure it doesn’t continue. I wouldn’t take staff abuse lightly because it can affect players and staff so it is something that I wouldn’t want to keep quiet about.

A very good friend of yours joins the server. Over the course of an hour, you’ve received multiple complaints about them not following rules, RDM’ing, and minging. How do you proceed knowing this can affect your friendship with them?: Friendship doesn't matter, if they aren't willing to RP and not follow the rules then they should receive the same treatment as anybody else that would RDM or Minge.

RE: Staff App - Duggar - 11-14-2022

+1 Quartz is a great guy, I have known him for a couple months and I know he will be a great addition to the staff team.

RE: Staff App - Im_a_trap911 - 11-14-2022

+1 would be best staff tbh

RE: Staff App - Eliza - 11-14-2022

+1 We need more active staff and he's a very active player. He would do great as staff.

RE: Staff App - James - 11-14-2022

+1 great guy, is always on and i think can bring a lot to the staff team

RE: Staff App - Smurf - 11-14-2022

+1, I’ve known Quartz since like March or April and he’s always been a good guy. Very active on the server. Good play time. Experienced. Little or no disciplinary issues.

RE: Staff App - Cosmothecat - 11-14-2022

+1, Application looks great, only thing I would change is adding a little more detail to some questions.

RE: Staff App - Mascotics - 11-15-2022

+1.. solid guy, active player.

Staff App - Rem - 11-16-2022

Thank you for applying to the Diverge Networks staff team!
It is my pleasure to inform you that your application has been accepted.

Submit a ticket on our Discord for training and to get setup.