Diverge Networks
Lapis Staff Application - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Denied (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Thread: Lapis Staff Application (/showthread.php?tid=483)

Lapis Staff Application - Local IRA Member - 01-16-2021

In-Game Name(s):
Sean O'Shea

Steam Name:
Lapis

Steam Profile Link: 
https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198157404535

Steam ID: 
STEAM_0:1:98569403

Discord Username:
Lapis#8705

Total playtime on Server:
Under 1 month (Veteran Player)

Time Zone:
GMT +1

How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?:
Near daily, completely able to post LOA's if nescessary

Have you read the rules?:
Yes I have

Do you have a working microphone?:
Yes I do

Do you acknowledge that you must attend all staff meetings (Unless you have stated why you cannot beforehand):
Yes I do

Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands?:
Yes I am

Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?:
Yes I do

-------------------------------------------------

What is your motivation/reason for applying?:  
I am personally quite tired of normally roleplaying as a player element inserver, the constant grinding of resources and at times tiring incharacter drama I have spent personally dealing with for near over a year at this point in time. What I am looking for is to give back to the community once again that I have had the pleasure of playing along side for this long. I want to perform the needed tasks of moderation to the server as a dedicated member of the staff team ensuring the cog-wheels of the servers figurative player order is kept.

Why should you be considered over other candidates?:  
I, to many, both of the normal player base and to the staff team itself, am a veteran of many communities but for this context mafia roleplay. My constant work I have previously dedicated into multiple communities up to this point has situated me now in this position applying for this staff position, my veterancy explained somewhat above would prove to be desirable as it would aid greatly in getting to understand the mindset of what certain players/factions may be that could aid in bridging across certain bias's [b]or history between two parties in a case/sit that may be a factor when dealing with two parties in a staff case.
[/b]

Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where, what position and how long):
I have served on multiple communities as a staff member during my years of playing Garrysmod, this is not limited to dark rp, WH40K rp and Star Wars rp (Currently I am not standing in any positions in any of those communities) but for the puproses of this application it would be more relevant to list for mobster/mafia related communities being Made man gaming during early 2019 (gamemaster) and Diverge during the last staff itteration (Head Gamemaster) though due to certain constraints I aided as a temporary administrator for Diverge to deal with situations.

Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?:
I have not

Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?:
I would like to say that I am very well known in the respect of my recent contributions to PAC3 work/commisions for this community, I had previously served as a faction leader for a realatively known about irish-mob on 'another' community which I had left after a few months of running due to obligations to other servers and drama over ownership with another member, my reputation from the stand point of other players I would hope to be somewhat approachable, helpful and quite affable. 

Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names:
None

-------------------------------------------------
Problem Solving

Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?:
In the aspect of the duty and obligations of a staff member it is of the staff members (in this scenario) interest and commitment to react accordingly to it if there are such prerequisite(s) that follow such as; are there any staff members on duty that can currently deal with this situation? If not then it would be appropriate to immediately deal with the blooming situation and get on a staff character to deal with the relevant situation for if it (being the RDM event) is left to be unresolved then it may just continue to push to be a larger situation aswell as showing a blatent lack of activity or interest from myself and also by extension perhaps show a unreasonable thought of staff members on this server, which may only show a exploit for those who wish to continue to break server ruling due to this lack of activity. I would therefore get on my staff character to deal with this despite any form of ingame roleplay I may be committed to previously, ensure that both parties (the rdm'd and rdm'r) are present and make the appriopriate decision.

You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?:
This specific ploblematic area is a realatively often happening that occurs behind the scenes well out the way of any player knowledge, it shows to me a lack of commitment from said member of staff that they would abuse their powers meant to improve and keep order on the server to serve their own incharacter needs or otherwise, it is in the interest of the servers longevity and health that such members be reprimanded or even removed should such actions call for it as though it may be an unfortunate loss of a staff member it is a step towards a healthy and long lasting server as it would remove a part of it that only previously caused decline.

A very good friend of yours joins the server. Over the course of an hour, you’ve received multiple complaints about them not following rules, RDM’ing, and minging. How do you proceed knowing this can affect your friendship with them?:
First and foremost is the health of the server, it would be the only reason to be chosen as a staff member in the first place that you are chosen to ensure the state of the servers order is kept, favoritism and bias's are only setbacks that must be ignored in the process of aiding the playerbase with inquires and any problematic situations, therefore regardless of previous contact with such person(s) it would be in the best ultimate interest of the server and its playerbase to deal with this player through the dictated and written rulings appropriate for his (friend(s) rule breaking.

---------------------------------------------------------

RE: Lapis Staff Application - Rem - 01-17-2021

+1
Well built app
Need more non-NA staff
Has GM experience

RE: Lapis Staff Application - Sydney - 01-17-2021

+1 Lapis is a dedicated and great roleplayer. The amount of time he’s spent on MafiaRP is insane, and I think he’s bring a lot to the staff team. Definitely bring him on!

RE: Lapis Staff Application - fischer - 01-17-2021

+1

Pretty good application, I think you'd make a good moderator.

RE: Lapis Staff Application - Cosmothecat - 01-18-2021

+1

Very great app and crazy playtime

RE: Lapis Staff Application - Chad - 01-21-2021

+1 Has a lot of experience

RE: Lapis Staff Application - Nexaninja - 01-29-2021

-1 I believe this guy was in the greensuits, A very mingy clan back in typhon and very much hated

RE: Lapis Staff Application - Local IRA Member - 01-30-2021

(01-29-2021, 01:28 AM)Nexaninja Wrote: -1 I believe this guy was in the greensuits, A very mingy clan back in typhon and very much hated
The Greensuits was subjectively looked down on by members of a 1942 Berlin server.
To be entirely honest a community like that is very used to 'hate'. 
If you're not educated on the situation of said group with the server they played on, do not make comment on it.

Lapis Staff Application - Pendred - 02-01-2021

Thank you for applying to the Diverge Networks staff team.
Unfortunately, your application has been denied.

Applicant has not logged onto the server for two weeks.

You may apply again in 30 days. You may apply sooner if you receive permission from a Head Administrator or higher.