Diverge Networks
Charles Staff Application - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Accepted (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Thread: Charles Staff Application (/showthread.php?tid=4951)

Charles Staff Application - CharlesSKS - 12-08-2022

In-Game Name(s): Charles Genovese (Basically my main as others I haven't used in a while) Jack McClean, Jackie Moon, Yannick Gotti
Steam Name: Charles
Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198129555566/
Steam ID: STEAM_1:0:84644919
Discord Username: CharlesSKS#1325
Total playtime on our Servers (Do !time in-game): 2mo 2w 13h 55m
Server you spend the most time on (SouthSide/UnionCity): SouthSide
Time Zone: EST
How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?: A couple of hours throughout the day
Have you read the rules?: Yes, but I'll do a brushing over as well
Do you have a working microphone?: Yes
Do you acknowledge that you must attend all staff meetings (Unless you have stated why you cannot beforehand): Yes
Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands?: I have used SAM in the past on several servers, but all in DarkRP style, not Nutscript 
Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?: Yes
-------------------------------------------------
Long Answer
Questions proceeded with an asterix require a response of 5 Sentences Minimum.

What is your motivation/reason for applying?:
Over the last few weeks, I've been wanting to see what I could do when it comes to staffing for this server, wanting to try it out and see how it differed from the other servers I used to staff for. Along with this, due to the semester coming to an end and me resurfacing in this gamemode, like I used to be before, I think it would be beneficial for one of the more active community members to step up and join the team. Of course, I hinted at this idea to Pendred in the past, and honestly, the hint was more of a reality as I thought it over more. Also, I said, if Thrax said "meta" one more time I would apply so here I am, god rest the Piru and his soul. :nerd: but that's not the main reason of course.

Why should you be considered over other candidates?:
I'm always here, even when you think I'm not, I really am, it's the best way for me to be staff. I'm able to watch and observe events easily and be able to pick out and develop the puzzle which is figuring out who is right and who is wrong, hell I do this all the time in school as of recently. To me, the best type of staff members is the observant ones, those who are watching and waiting for an event to happen. Many mods and admins do this now. I like taking action and wanting to see what happened in events, rather than sitting by and watching them unfold, and with that, I feel like I would be a perfect fit to be on the staff team.

Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where, what position and how long):
Gaminglight Military RP: Administrator (3 Months); Goliad Gaming Star Wars RP: Gamemaster (1 Month); Imperium Gaming WWII and all other servers: Operator, Mod, Admin, Gamemaster, Head Gamemaster, Head Admin, Deputy Server Manager (Still Active since 2018, but no server is in development) 

Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?: My first two bans were made by staff members who are considered untrustworthy through the community, the first was for blowing up a car and the second was for killing in a sit because the staff member was saying I RDMed two people trying to mug me, yet I had proof. The third was because Moses didn't like the soundboard, and the fourth was my own fault that I apologized to the members of UA for mass item transferring and breaking character rules, my ban was reduced as well by Rem.

Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?:
When it comes to members in the community I believe I have an acceptable reputation amongst everyone in it across all factions, legal and illegal. I know there are some that hate my boisterous attitude, but I don't consider myself a minge or trying to ruin the server's integrity. Although some people clearly don't like me for just straight up telling the truth, those same ones are disliked by others, so it doesn't affect me at all. And with the people I'm with close, I can tell I have their respect or they would've had me killed and removed already. 

Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names:
Smurf

-------------------------------------------------
Problem Solving
Detail step by step exactly the actions you would take.

Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?: The best solution is to clip this event taking place and either make a ticket for another staff member. You could also go see the person that was RDMed, and ask them using LOOC if they want the clip and to continue with this case for another member of staff. Of course, another scenario is if I do not see this RDM happen and I need to be brought on-duty to take the ticket I shall and of course ask for any clip to get an understanding of what happened and use the judgment of an unbiased staff member.

You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?: Make sure that there is evidence to back up my own accusations and make sure it's completely unjustifiable and against the rules. If it is, I can either make a staff report on the forums or send my evidence to a member of UA, but either way works.

A very good friend of yours joins the server. Over the course of an hour, you’ve received multiple complaints about them not following rules, RDM’ing, and minging. How do you proceed knowing this can affect your friendship with them?:
If a friend of mine was doing this, I will treat them like any other player and take the evidence and act according in accordance with the server rules. Just because you're my friend, doesn't mean you get a free pass.

---------------------------------------------------------

RE: Charles Staff Application - Quartz - 12-08-2022

huge +1 I love charles and he has great playtime and knows the server well and the rules

RE: Charles Staff Application - Piero - 12-08-2022

+ 1 Charles has a lot of play time on the server and he knows the rules of the server very well

RE: Charles Staff Application - Scar - 12-08-2022

Maybe

RE: Charles Staff Application - Lorenzo - 12-08-2022

+1 big monkey

RE: Charles Staff Application - CaptSkull21 - 12-08-2022

+1 knows the rules friendly

RE: Charles Staff Application - Arth - 12-11-2022

+1 10/10 worst duck sound ever

Charles Staff Application - Canadian-bacon - 12-11-2022

Thank you for applying to the Diverge Networks staff team!
It is my pleasure to inform you that your application has been accepted.

Submit a ticket on our Discord for training and to get setup.