Diverge Networks
Staff Application - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Accepted (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Thread: Staff Application (/showthread.php?tid=50)

Staff Application - Bees - 12-01-2020

Part 1, Fill-Out Questions

In-Game Name: Jon 'Bee' Fast

Steam Name: Wasabi/Bee

IRL First Name (optional): Jon

Time on Server:N/A

Time Zone:EST

Steam ID:STEAM_0:0:543607505

How much (relative) time can you dedicate to moderating our server?:
Night Time or Days Off

The total amount of warnings on the server (You can check your warnings by doing !warns in the chat while on the server):
N/A

Have you read the rules? Will you read the staff handbook in its entirety if you are accepted?:
Yes.

Do you have a microphone that you can use?:
Yes.

Do you acknowledge that you must attend all staff meetings (Unless you have stated why you cannot beforehand):
No, I cannot, I will be working during the day, if there is a staff meeting I can participate it will be Thursday or Saturday if possible. I will on during the night.

Are you able to use Discord? Are you familiarized with ULX commands?:
Yes.

Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?:
I acknowledge. 

Part 2, Explanations

*Take your time with this part*
Why should you be staff? What can you provide that others cannot? (5 Sentences Min):
I am able to protect the community in the server from unwanted minges. I am able to take the night-shift. I can play during night. I already have experience with certain permissions. The UA Staff have spoken to me by discussing to prevent abuse by minges. 

Do you have any previous staffing experience? If so, where and how?:
No.

Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?:
No.

Would you say that you are well known in our community?:
I have people who knows and I am a friend of a faction.

Have any staff members recommended you for staff? If so, list their names:
UA Staff has suggested to apply for staff. Leroy, and Hyena.

What is RDM, RDA, and FAILRP?:
RDM: Random DeathMatch: Unexpected behavior of harasser by killing or damaging other players for no RP Purpose.
RDA: Random Arrest: Unwarranted, or Random Detaining of a Cop for No Purpose.
FailRP: Breaking RP Server Rules. An Example would be FearRP. It is when a player holds another player in gunpoint or has an aggravated tool to put a player to unable escape from their Field Of View.

Part 3, Scenarios

*Walk us through every step*

Someone RDM's and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?:
First, nothing, Let the Person report his RDM, for staff on-duty to claim the victim's ticket.
Second, if its reoccurrence RDM, then I would switch to my staff char to warn him. I need to see distress tickets of MRDM.
Third, Understand if a Player-Player or Player-Minge when one party is provoked. There could be RP involved.
Lastly, if nobody can take the ticket, I would switch to staff character to assist the victim.

You have seen a fellow staff member of higher rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?:
Gather Evidence, and Report to any UA.

A very good friend of yours (whom you personally invited) joins the server. Over the course of an hour, you’ve received multiple complaints about them not following rules, RDM’ing, and minging. You do your best to sweep them under the rug, as they are your close friend after all, but they don’t seem to be taking a hint and continue to break the rules. Finally, you are forced to take action. What would you do next, knowing that if you punish them your friendship with them is over?:

Nothing, They weren't my friends in the first place if they were going to purposely rdm players. If I catch my friends breaking the rules on purpose, then I will warn them or ban them for serverity.

RE: Staff Application - Kenny T - 12-08-2020

After reading this it looks like you have put no effort at all into this application. When asked why you should be staff it tells you it should be 5 sentences minimum you met that requirement but you did the very least and said the same thing twice. "I am able to take the night-shift. I can play during night." It doesn't look like you have put very much thought into the questions therefore I am giving you a -1 .

RE: Staff Application - Wish - 12-08-2020

Accepted, @ Me in discord and I will assign your roles