Diverge Networks
Another Unjustified Ban - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Ban Appeals (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Forum: Denied (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+---- Thread: Another Unjustified Ban (/showthread.php?tid=5021)

Another Unjustified Ban - Dooquan Matoomba - 12-22-2022

Your Name:

Dooquan Matoomba
Your SteamID
STEAM_0:1:51240937
Reason for ban:
RDM x5
Length of ban:
1 week
Reason for appeal (dispute/apology):
Dispute
Why should you be unbanned?
I don't believe I deserve to be banned because I never broke character once. Apparently what I did was Mass RDM, but I digress. I was told by admins that I didn't have a reason for killing five people, but I digress. I did have a reason and it was in the context of RP. One of the things I like about this server is that it's not like every other DarkRP server where if you're a cripz or blood member and you say the N-word, even if that specific word adheres to the lifestyle and immersion of that character, you'd get muted, warned and possibly banned, even though it maintains the illusion of RP. It's justified if you're saying it outside of RP with malicious intent but it shouldn't be if it's in the world of the RP. This server actually lets players maintain that illusion and doesn't jump in every time someone says these words, because we're in 1980s New York, forty years before the politically correct world of 2022 we now live in, and if you've seen Taxi Driver, Saturday Night Fever, Mean Streets, French Connection, etc. you can see how rough, and dark and tough and gritty and prejudiced it was back then and the players of the server help to bring that tough-guy, wise-guy persona in the server. My character is black, who has a prejudice against the white population of the server, which is why he killed all those people and which developed through his youth in the ghetto and his family history, who were slaves on a plantation before the civil war. He uses ghetto terms like, "cracka", and "boi" to vent his prejudice. My reason for killing all those people was in the context of RP and the context of my character's history. And all the admins said, 'no thats not RP, you just rdmed, it's not realistic", if you're trying to tell me that racially motivated attacks or unprovoked attacks have never happened before or aren't realistic, ESPECIALLY in 1980s New York, you're living under a rock. Even when killing these people, I stayed in character the entire time. I even said before, during or after the killings why I did it. The server even sends alerts on the bottom right corner of the screen every once in a while, "never ever break character", which is what I did. It was not random death match, nor was it unprovoked. Admins need to stop jumping in to situations that can be handled in the world of the RP, as this was. This was an RP situation, not a admin one. If someone murders three people in a club, do we ask God to bring the murderer and his victims in to a sit to settle what happened? No. The police and the law handle it, to find whether there was motivation or it was just a mentally insane unprovoked attack. The police could have been called and tried to arrest me, which is actually what happened before I was banned, they finally caught me for killing all those people and they were about to put me in the slammer before I got brought in to a sit. You staff are more guilty of breaking the illusion of RP than me. This is a bullshit ban that was clearly in the confines of RP and I would like to be unbanned.

RE: Another Unjustified Ban - Canadian-bacon - 12-22-2022

Yea the "I was roleplaying a serial killer/deranged person/mass killer/whatever" excuse hasn't worked since its inception. It's still a game at the end of the day and we do have server rules you have to abide by. Not sure what delusion you're larping out about 'never breaking character' with this massive paragraph you've written up, but it's not overtly deep, most other players can manage being normal about it.

Another Unjustified Ban - Canadian-bacon - 12-22-2022

Your ban appeal has been reviewed and denied.

We have determined this ban to be reasonable and/or justified.

Ensure you have read our Server Rules