Diverge Networks
Perma Ban, 6 Months Later - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Ban Appeals (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Forum: Denied (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+---- Thread: Perma Ban, 6 Months Later (/showthread.php?tid=5086)

Perma Ban, 6 Months Later - waz - 01-01-2023

Your Name: It was Paul G. Santoro before PK

Your SteamID: 76561199048124923

Reason for ban: DDoS Threats / Joking ERP

Length of ban: Permanent

Reason for appeal (dispute/apology): Apology

Why should you be unbanned? It has been six months since I was banned. When I used to play back then I was very idiotic and immature. When I made the DDoS threats they weren't serious or anything close to malicious, it was just a way to get attention. The Joking ERP happened a couple minutes before the DDoS threats. I was in an RP situation for robbing an allie of the faction I was in, that I didn’t recognise. I was tied up and blinded, while I was blinded I started going into “/ooc” and started typing inappropriate things and spamming them. I was very stupid and attention seeking when I used to play but I have matured since then. The six months made me realize that getting banned isn’t worth it because you’ll get bored the second after.
I have been wanting to play for a long time now and I can safely say I have matured since my ban.

Additional Information (images, videos, etc):

RE: Perma Ban, 6 Months Later - Canadian-bacon - 01-01-2023

Ban Reason Global Rule 13 | Again | Spastic

You had a previous 30 day ban for Ddos threats and made them again.

Ban length changed to permanent due to ban evasion attempt on SteamID, STEAM_0:1:700650307 2022-07-07 10:00:17

also an evasion attempt a few days later.

RE: Perma Ban, 6 Months Later - waz - 01-01-2023

Yes, I know. Like I said the DDoS threats weren't malicious at all each time I made them. I wouldn't say them again, I was playing with my luck back then with the admins. My ban was already permanent when I tried to evade the ban, and it was stupid to try.
I just want once more chance and i'll be on thin ice when I'm playing on the server too. I wouldn't be making this appeal if I didn't want to play anymore. I understand what I did back then and it wasn't right. When I used to play I wouldn't fully RP, I would mostly mess around and RP a little bit, and this made me think I could get away with a lot more and get only get like a 3 month ban for when I did the DDoS threats and the Joking ERP. I was used to getting banned for stupid things like, RDM, NITRP, and FailRP, but if I were to play now I would seriously RP and not cause anymore trouble than I already have.

It's been half a year since I was banned and I think I have matured a lot. I want to play this server and enjoy roleplaying and not be getting myself banned. I have looked for other RP servers and they all are bad compared to Diverge. I apologise for all the trouble I caused with the faction I was in at the time and all the admins. I miss this server a lot and miss playing with friends. I have read the rules before I started typing this so all I ask is, give me one more chance.

RE: Perma Ban, 6 Months Later - Canadian-bacon - 01-02-2023

What do you think is the greatest sign that you've changed?

Looking at other servers you joined after your ban from here I can see a period of 4+ months where you received several other minge , NITRP and LTARP bans. All the way till about October, so how drastically could you have changed in the last ~2 months?

RE: Perma Ban, 6 Months Later - waz - 01-02-2023

(01-02-2023, 02:34 AM)Canadian-bacon Wrote: What do you think is the greatest sign that you've changed?

Looking at other servers you joined after your ban from here I can see a period of 4+ months where you received several other minge , NITRP and LTARP bans. All the way till about October, so how drastically could you have changed in the last ~2 months?
If you're talking about 1942RP I agree that I was minging. I was minging because it's a racist server and everyone on there are racists, and it was the closest thing from Diverge because they're both Nutscript. I realized my mistake on this server while I was playing 1942RP. I stopped playing 1942RP because I wanted to actually RP and not just minge but there are no other servers for that. I changed when I got permanently banned on Diverge, but I played 1942RP because there was nothing else, and I didn't care for the server at all so thats why I minged. I care a lot about Diverge now and now realize how fun it was back then, so to have it back would amazing. I have no intention to minge anymore and if I do I'm okay with another permanent ban that I will not appeal.

Perma Ban, 6 Months Later - Rem - 01-07-2023

Your ban appeal has been reviewed and denied.

We have determined this ban to be reasonable and/or justified.

Ensure you have read our Server Rules