Diverge Networks
Fox's Staff App - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Accepted (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Thread: Fox's Staff App (/showthread.php?tid=5110)

Fox's Staff App - Fox - 01-08-2023

In-Game Name(s): Johnny Alice, Previously Johnny Falco
Steam Name: Kirk Van Houten (Ziyico)
Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/Siyico/
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:23088464
Discord Username: Siyico

Total playtime on our Servers (Do !time in-game):  1 Week, 4 days~ (Played MPRP before Diverge) Whilst my game time might not be as impressive as other peoples. I have 2,300 hours in Garry's mod. All of it played on RP servers.

Server you spend the most time on (SouthSide/UnionCity): SouthSide

Time Zone: GMT (UK)
How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?: Can offer quite a bit, as I work from home and I'm on my machine quite a lot. Can have Gmod running in the background of my main PC for incoming tickets.

Have you read the rules?: Yes, believe I only have 1 warning.

Do you have a working microphone?: Yes.

Do you acknowledge that you must attend all staff meetings (Unless you have stated why you cannot beforehand): Yes

Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands?: Not necesserily Nutscript but I've used DarkRP framework and ULX in the past. I'd just need a bit of a refresher.

Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?: Yes.
-------------------------------------------------
Long Answer
Questions proceeded with an asterix require a response of 5 Sentences Minimum.

What is your motivation/reason for applying?:  I have played Diverge quite a lot, and when I'm not playing I'm active enough on the forum, discords. When I'm not active I'm lurking. It's a great server and community and believe that I have a decent amount of time to offer towards moderation. I think the staff of this server do a fantastic job and I would love the opportunity to add to that in some way. Not only that, I am quite interested in the Nutscript framework and would love to learn the administration of it, for my own benefit down the line.

Why should you be considered over other candidates?:  I have a very long history with playing Gmod, having played it since 2009~ ? All of my Gmod hours have been spent on various roleplay servers. I am a very passionate person who has a genuine love for Gmod roleplay who actually enjoys administrative roles. I'm impartial but also fair - open to listen to players who have broken a rule. I have had past experience in Gmod admin also which could be beneficial. I am in the GMT (UK) timezone, which means I could be providing administration when the bulk of US players are not online. Due to myself working from home, I can be ready to take tickets quite a lot of the time, also. As well as this, I have hosted and administrated over 10 forums in my lifetime, so I am able to help with forum administration, support and promotion.

Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where, what position and how long): Ran my own Gmod server for a short space of time. Coincidentally also on the Southside map. I was also a moderator on Gmod.Biz a long time ago, but it used a very different admin system to the servers of today, but the premise of discussing with users remained the same.

Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?: I believe I was banned once but it was due to mistaken identity and the moderator in question said he would strike it from my ban record, if possible. I only have one warning, I believe. Due to a misunderstanding which was quickly ironed out and apolgies given. 

Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?:  * I was quite well known in the NDVC and other Columbian orgs but since the collapse I've stayed as a citizen. I've had some interesting roleplays with some of the italian factions - but as I've been hoping to start my own faction, I have remained a civilian and tend to have casual roleplay. I believe most of my RP experiences with other players has always been positive, I'm a very avid roleplayer and always do my best to get the absolute best situations, so I believe people that have interacted with me would react in a positive way.

Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names:  Haven't had any recommendations. I applied off the back of Canadian's request in the Discord channel.
-------------------------------------------------
Problem Solving
Detail step by step exactly the actions you would take.

Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?:  If there are no other staff members online I would do the following, remaining impartial to the situation, to get all the information from both sides of the issue.
-Bring both players to a quiet location
-If I happened to witness the RDM, I would ask the RDMer what his reasoning was
-If it was clearly RDM, I would check the users warning. If there have been multiple RDM's recently I would either add another warning, kick or add a short ban.
-If it wasn't a clear RDM, I would ask the victim if he can provide video evidence of the occurrence, and then go through the above step.

You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?:
I would take video evidence, images, videos etc and provide them to an administrator with a higher rank and give them the decision to remand them for the actions. If it was something fairly juvenile, I would probably ask them what they are doing and advise them that if they do not stop, then I would pass on the evidence as required, I believe sometimes a simple conversation can resolve a lot of issues. Sometimes people don't realise what they're doing or the negative reprocussions they're producing from their actions.

A very good friend of yours joins the server. Over the course of an hour, you’ve received multiple complaints about them not following rules, RDM’ing, and minging. How do you proceed knowing this can affect your friendship with them?:
My relationship with this person would not matter. At the end of the day, my own personal feelings for someone does not give them more of a right to ruin other peoples experience on the server. I would warn, ban accordingly as if they were any other player on the server.
---------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for your time and patience with reading my application. If you would like to speak to me further or have any questions, please drop a comment below and I will respond ASAP.

RE: Fox's Staff App - Canadian-bacon - 01-08-2023

I don't remember saying that (The striking of the ban record)

RE: Fox's Staff App - Fox - 01-08-2023

(01-08-2023, 01:49 AM)Canadian-bacon Wrote: I don't remember saying that (The striking of the ban record)

Dropped you a DM on Discord. It may have not been yourself that I spoke to after I was unbanned. It was that long ago I can't even remember what the ban was for, but I know that It wasn't of my own doing. The warning I reference was though. 

If i'm wrong I may be thinking of something that happened on MPRP, but I'm pretty positive it was Diverge

Cheers

Fox's Staff App - Rem - 01-12-2023

Thank you for applying to the Diverge Networks staff team!
It is my pleasure to inform you that your application has been accepted.

Submit a ticket on our Discord for training and to get setup.