Diverge Networks
Poka's Staff Application - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Accepted (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Thread: Poka's Staff Application (/showthread.php?tid=5158)

Poka's Staff Application - poka - 01-14-2023

In-Game Name(s): Luca "Cross" Cutoro (Previously Changretta)

Steam Name: pz~
Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561199072545382/
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:556139827
Discord Username: ★★★#7846
Total playtime on our Servers (Do !time in-game): 5d 6h 22m
Server you spend the most time on (SouthSide/UnionCity): Southside
Time Zone: Pacific Standard Time (PST)

How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?: 
Weekdays - 4-6 Hours a Day (Depending on IRL & School Stuff)
Weekends - 6-7 Hours a Day (Depending on IRL)

Have you read the rules?: Yes.
Do you have a working microphone?: Yes.
Do you acknowledge that you must attend all staff meetings (Unless you have stated why you cannot beforehand): Yes.
Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands?: No, but I am quick with learning and have an extensive knowledge with Garry's Mod RP Servers. I have around 12,000 Hours On the game overall through other steam accounts I have played on through the years of me playing. 
Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?: Yes.
-------------------------------------------------
Long Answer
Questions proceeded with an asterix require a response of 5 Sentences Minimum.

What is your motivation/reason for applying?: I have found that this server is very enjoyable, and I really liked the idea of the whole 1980's Mafia RP game mode or category of the game. I have played on multiple other servers but this one was quite unique to what I am used to. I want to be able to learn a new type of staffing on a seperate game mode. I have seen that this server is very high in population usually and I want to be able to help new players that were just as clueless when I first started playing. I have always enjoyed volunteering as a staff member to help a community and found that this one is definitely worth it. From time to time, I have gotten bored just playing on my character and rping in general and I feel like I would be able to have a lot more fun if I join the staff team and it would then benefit myself and the server which sounds good to hear. Staffing in general on any time of game has always been very fun to me and I think a lot of people take it for granted and think it's going to be boring. I am very motivated for the position and want to be able to just learn new things, meet new people on a different perspective of the community, and finally just be able to do anything that will be able to help a player's experience. One of my biggest things is that I find staffing and tping around helping people very fun to do and I take it very seriously and still enjoy it a lot!

Why should you be considered over other candidates?: I think that I should be considered highly above others because of my experience on the game and staffing in general, which I will get to soon. I have been playing GMOD off and on since I was a lot younger and have been playing for almost 6-7 years now, I believe. I am very unbiased when it comes to staffing situations that will become heated at times and I am very good at making judgement calls. I learn things quickly and I have a very good work ethic. Once I can get to work and learn how to do certain things ect. I work very hard and continue to do that to complete my job. I am a very competent person and not someone that will make rash descisions to benefit himself. I like staffing in general, and find it very enjoyable to be able to make sure rules are being followed & people are being helped, ect. I am an overall respectful and welcoming person to any new player that joins the server I want to have open arms for and be able to teach them what to do and what not to do. I wish to improve the quality of all the new and current players' experiences on the server. I am a pretty opened minded person as well, and I like to be lenient at times when It is appropriate and to be more sympathetic to some people that have minor rule breaks and obviously show they made a mistake. When It comes to more serious or people that tend to minge then I am stricter. Lastly, I would like to be able to help the community become better and make the server more free of rules breaks as it will help people including myself have more fun. 

Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where, what position and how long): Yes I have multiple times, I came from Icefuse Starwars Clone Wars RP (CWRP) & Imperial Roleplay (IRP) to this server and recently quit as I found it quite boring from playing off and on for 3-4 Years of long periods. I was staff on the CWRP server around 2-3 Times and climbed from Trial Mod-Mod-Senior Mod-Admin and joined multiple of their Affairs teams on there becoming leadership at one point. I also staffed on IRP for a short period being a Mod for a bit. 

Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?: I do not believe I have before, but If I were It would of been a very long time ago before I even played this server at this level I have been. 
Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?:  I'm not sure If I am very well known, I am known pretty well through my faction and that is it mainly. I have met some other people outside of it and I from what I have been told or just the way that people talk to me that my reputation is pretty good. Most people know me and how hard I can work at when I set my mind to something.

Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names: Yes, Smurf & Charles
-------------------------------------------------
Problem Solving
Detail step by step exactly the actions you would take.

Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?: So, If I am currently off duty and not asscociated to the situation then I will get on Duty Take the ticket and analyze the situation getting both sides then getting logs to see what proves what. If it gets down to a He-Say She-Say situation then I will ask for evidence then proceed from there. If the logs are enough to prove who broke what rule then I will punish them accordingly to the punishment guidelines for it. But If I read this question incorrectly and it means that I am RDM'd and off duty, then I will take a clip of it and make a ticket for another staff member to take care of it to make sure I am not biased and get it dealt with just like as if I was any other normal member of the community. 

You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?: I will get evidence of this as that is the #1 thing to do, and also report it to a upper administrative member that can deal with the situation, and get enough evidence that they deem fit. Then I will submit it to them and ask if there is anything else I need to do then be on my day. But to be clear I should not confront the individual or say anything to them especially if they are higher rank than me so that the situation is calm and does not escalate for no reason. 

A very good friend of yours joins the server. Over the course of an hour, you’ve received multiple complaints about them not following rules, RDM’ing, and minging. How do you proceed knowing this can affect your friendship with them?: I will treat them just like they were any other player and not show any bias at all, I will explain to them in a DM when we have time that just because we are friends I can't just ignore what they do and that they shouldn't be an idiot and mess around. But for the punishment depending on the severity of it, I will give them a verbal warning if they are fresh to the server and then educate them on the rules and go through what not to do and what to do to have fun. 
---------------------------------------------------------

RE: Poka's Staff Application - Plixily - 01-14-2023

+1 Not too much play time but actually a really well-written app hope you get it good luck to you.

RE: Poka's Staff Application - Young Wallace - 01-16-2023

+1
Lots of free time and plenty of experience. I think this man will make a good staff member.

Poka's Staff Application - Rem - 01-17-2023

Thank you for applying to the Diverge Networks staff team!
It is my pleasure to inform you that your application has been accepted.

Submit a ticket on our Discord for training and to get setup.