Diverge Networks
BoomRoasted Staff Application - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Denied (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Thread: BoomRoasted Staff Application (/showthread.php?tid=5172)

Pages: 1 2

BoomRoasted Staff Application - BoomRoasted - 01-15-2023

Staff Application Format
If you wish to apply for staff be sure to fill out the following format. Make sure applications are neat and legible. Short or low effort Applications will be denied.

Make the Application Legible. Format it correctly. (Legible colours, etc)

In-Game Name(s):Alvin Dickman, Pauly Colombo (I have other characters but they are not active and probably need to be deleted.)

Steam Name: BoomRoasted

Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198058256845/

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:48995558

Discord Username: BoomRoasted#8826

Total playtime on our Servers (Do !time in-game): 1 month 2 days, 14 hours and 12 minutes.

Server you spend the most time on (SouthSide/UnionCity): Southside

Time Zone: Central

How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?: I am quite active, so several hours a week or more.

Have you read the rules?: Yes I have

Do you have a working microphone?: Yes 

Do you acknowledge that you must attend all staff meetings (Unless you have stated why you cannot beforehand): Yes

Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands?: I am aware what they are but have not used them, I use Java, SQL and other coding language in my IRL job so these commands/codes would be easier to pick up on. 

Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?: I acknowledge.
-------------------------------------------------
Long Answer
Questions proceeded with an asterix require a response of 5 Sentences Minimum.

What is your motivation/reason for applying?:  * One of my biggest motivating factors to join the staff team on this server is to get a different perspective of the community and to bring new ideas and experiences to the community while adhering and upholding the Server rules and regulations. This server is unique to any other server I have played on and if there is anything I can do to help maintain the community I would hope I would be given the opportunity to do so. 

Why should you be considered over other candidates?:  * I have had a lot of good interactions with many people within the Diverge community and believe I have shown to be able to mediate well within the Police Department and back when I was in a criminal faction. My leadership, problem solving, and accountability qualities that I posses I believe would set me up for success as a staff member. The relationships I have built in the community would also allow me to mediate and solve issues in a much calmer setting. I have had recommendations from community members to try staffing and believe I have the time and resources to do such. I am quite active and have the time to set aside to work as a staff member and have a great knowledge and understanding of the rules and am not afraid to step up and take those harder cases as I have done in multiple occasions on my PD character.

Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where, what position and how long): This would be my first true experience with staffing, although I have had friends who have staffed other severs before and I have seen what they do etc.

Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?:Yes, I was banned for 1 day for being a middle man for an character transfer, when I didn't really know what was going on, but I owned up to it once the admin explained the situation and accepted my punishment. What happened was my friend was in a different faction and was leaving that faction to join mine on a new character, so he gave me all of his items and I processed them and gave him start up money when he joined my faction, not knowing that was character transferring still. I was perma banned once my first ban was over the second I logged back in the server, as the console thought I was using an Alt Account to get around a 1 day ban. I was able to rectify this situation and explain that one of my real life friends who lives nearby had come over and grinded on his account on my PC while I was working on something else. 

Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?:  * Being apart of the Police Department I have been able to interact with people with in the department and outside of it. I started out as a cadet and was able to demonstrate leadership and good activity that I was suitable for a leadership position within the Police Department. Throughout my time in PD I would like to believe I have created a reputation as an open and friendly leader who shows respect and expects that in return. I have made connections outside of PD by showing respect and being a generally nice person, I believe most people know who Alvin Dickman is and believe I have given the character a good reputation in the community.  

Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names: Smurf
-------------------------------------------------
Problem Solving
Detail step by step exactly the actions you would take.

Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?: Since I am off-duty, and witness it I can not get involved as staff, if I knew other staff was on a quick message or ticket letting them know to watch over a certain player I believe would be the best course of action.

You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?:Gather evidence, and talk with a senior administrator. I would say confront them but as I am not higher than them I have no seniority or position that would have any authority over them. Put a UA ticket in and allow those in authority to sort things out.

A very good friend of yours joins the server. Over the course of an hour, you’ve received multiple complaints about them not following rules, RDM’ing, and minging. How do you proceed knowing this can affect your friendship with them?:I would hope any of my friends that would join would first read the rules, if your friends are coming into a server you enjoy and ruining your own experience maybe you need to think about them being there in the first place. Knowing it would affect my friendship, I would still adhere to server rules and issue them warning and/or ban, in all seriousness why have a friend who is ruining your fun?

RE: BoomRoasted Staff Application - Marzii - 01-15-2023

+1 hell yeah

RE: BoomRoasted Staff Application - Rem - 01-15-2023

I am legitimately concerned on your ability of understanding on how staffing works. The one sit I had with you, you acted in a very childish manner then refused to comply with myself and another UA member. You then accused us of attacking you. This wasn't that long ago.

RE: BoomRoasted Staff Application - BoomRoasted - 01-15-2023

(01-15-2023, 06:30 PM)Rem Wrote: I am legitimately concerned on your ability of understanding on how staffing works. The one sit I had with you, you acted in a very childish manner then refused to comply with myself and another UA member. You then accused us of attacking you. This wasn't that long ago.
I believe this was after a long time of trying to take care of the situation with another staff member, and then ultimately it felt like my concerns and questions were being thrown to the side. I believe there was 3-4 staff members that got involved and I will admittedly say it felt like once we got into the discord call you were trying to trap me when I was just trying to point out a potential hole in how the server runs. The conversation got heated on both ends, and for my end I apologize for it, I had those 2 mingy players who were trying to say I did something I didn't and I believe the admin working the case initially was on their side, and she got you and I forget the other admin involved. During the conversation, the other admin kept trying to corner me to say something I felt like wasn't true and I kept saying it wasn't the case but we kept going in circles, so the attacking was more meant as cornering than anything else. The issue revolved around the storage lockers and how PD interacted with individuals within the storage lockers. I had asked that if UA wanted the storage lockers to be a place for new players or non faction players to have a place to rent while they were on the server to put something into writing as during that time there was back and forth depending on which admin you spoke to as to what the PD could do at the storage lockers.

You had brought up a piece of legislation that Ben Roberts signed that said the storage lockers were a place that was allowed for anyone to build. But within the same document it pointed out that PD was to supervise these locations and could remove any person who was abusing the location (or something along that line). I argued that since that phrase was in the document it gave PD the right to "patrol" the storage lockers, not to open locked ones but to see what was going on, the individuals that were arrested, had built something at one of the lockers and it was open. We had an interaction that ultimately led to them being detained and as soon as I said they were being detained they instant broke RP, called admins and then began to complain and make up a story of me kicking their door down. I showed the clips I had that showed that wasn't the case, but was again asked why I was at the storage lockers in the first place. I believe in this interaction both sides had strong convictions and we kept going around in circles until we just stopped the conversation and voided the RP. I would ask not to judge my potential ability on the one interaction we've had that didn't need to be as big as it ended up being.

RE: BoomRoasted Staff Application - Average Polish Dude - 01-15-2023

+1, great dude

RE: BoomRoasted Staff Application - Rem - 01-15-2023

It was 3 staff, 2 being UA. When we asked you a very basic question, you acted like it was a courtroom and refused to answer a yes or no question. There was nothing behind it but other to understand. There are no sides, and it should not matter. The goal is to set things straight, and you clearly had a misconception of the wording. You searched the places as you pleased, and when told by us you could not, you said you were told by higher ups. When asked who, you refused to answer as well. You purposely made things difficult for no reason, and it baffled me.

I don't know why you claim we cornered you, you acted in a manner which we could not work with you. It became an issue and you kept making it worse. You were childish and it's surprising.

RE: BoomRoasted Staff Application - Plixily - 01-15-2023

+1 Awesome guy I have been in PD with him for what feels like forever now and is always there when we need him i could see him being a good staff member hope you get it good luck to you

RE: BoomRoasted Staff Application - lmaoitsshrek - 01-15-2023

HUGE +1, Good guy, seems like a great fit for staff, very friendly.

RE: BoomRoasted Staff Application - BoomRoasted - 01-15-2023

(01-15-2023, 07:48 PM)Rem Wrote: It was 3 staff, 2 being UA. When we asked you a very basic question, you acted like it was a courtroom and refused to answer a yes or no question. There was nothing behind it but other to understand. There are no sides, and it should not matter. The goal is to set things straight, and you clearly had a misconception of the wording. You searched the places as you pleased, and when told by us you could not, you said you were told by higher ups. When asked who, you refused to answer as well. You purposely made things difficult for no reason, and it baffled me.

I don't know why you claim we cornered you, you acted in a manner which we could not work with you. It became an issue and you kept making it worse. You were childish and it's surprising.
Again I apologize if you thought I was being "childish", The situation was more blown up from multiple angles and I was trying to get a straight answer as well but it seemed like any question or angle it was shot down quickly without much conversation. The question I tip toed around was "Did High Command tell you to open storage locker doors". It wasn't just a yes no question as the situation that we were talking about didn't involve me kicking in a door. It wasn't me making things difficult it was me trying to tell you that I didn't open up the locker where the suspects were in, rather once they were detained I looked inside to see what they built and stepped out. Again this is where I felt cornered because there was a misconception on both sides as to what the situation was, and I was baffled that even with me showing the clip I was still being put in bad light. One of the things I asked was for documentation that showed what you guys were saying, as we had a recent issue with multiple admins saying different things and I wanted clear cut documentation. It wasn't me trying to be difficult it was me trying to show a grey area in the rules. Again this happened over 2 months ago, and if we had the same conversation today I don't think it would go as it did, I was frustrated, and clearly you were too and we both didn't get what we were looking for. So again I apologize, but please don't assume every interaction I have or conversation I have is in the same light as our only interaction we have had.

RE: BoomRoasted Staff Application - HookGD - 01-16-2023

+1 great guy. gets along with everybody and is just a great dude in general.