Diverge Networks
Andrew Cain - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: 1980s Mafia Roleplay (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Character Appeals (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Denied (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+---- Thread: Andrew Cain (/showthread.php?tid=5177)

Andrew Cain - RickJak - 01-16-2023

Name of Character: Andrew "Andy" Cain

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:526408254

Date of PK: 1/14/2023

Reason for PK: Dying after PKing a target

Why should you be unPK'd?: The rule states "This includes being killed by a third party who is acting in defense of the victim, or a police officer trying to apprehend you, moments after the hit itself takes place." Meaning the officer must show intent to arrest or apprehend myself and my partner before opening fire, this did not happen. Instead, while we were running back to our car, we were shot in the back without a single word being spoken. Nor was the Officer in any way acting in defense of the victim, as he was long dead before firing. If you wish to confirm any of this, talk to the four staff that were watching the situation, Moses, Charles, Infamy, and Rem.

If possible please provide video evidence or photo evidence if PK does not follow the guidelines: No Photo or Video Evidence

RE: Andrew Cain - sfpunk - 01-16-2023

I don't really comment when it comes to PK's, but when the situation was explained to me it sounded like a dumb and unfair reason to be PK'ed because a trigger happy rogue/corrupt cop was in the area and shot first before trying to even interact or apprehend the people in the area. I even heard that staff were even conflicted about the PK's and even myself when it came to Andy's and YD's PK. Overall I feel and suggest the PK appeal be thought about and hopefully appealed for both YD and Andy.

RE: Andrew Cain - CharlesSKS - 01-16-2023

Firstly, no staff members were conflicted about the PK, everyone that was involved in it made the decision to have both YD and Andy PKed for the following rules.

If you are attempting to PK someone, during the hit you are also PK active. Meaning if you're attempting to kill or have just killed the victim but you were also killed you are subject to a PK, so don’t be reckless when carrying out these serious murders.

This includes being killed by a third party who is acting in defense of the victim, or a police officer trying to apprehend you, moments after the hit itself takes place. As the hitman your goal is to carry out the hit and escape the area to hide out for next 10 to 15 minutes.

When doing PKs you need to take the procedures enduring the safety of yourself and those around you that are taking part in it. It's a risk that everyone who does one needs to take. Both rules would contradict the statement made by this, the cop and the shooters were in sight of notifying his badge, the cop decided to shoot first as he had just witnessed two men kill someone. It was not a long time, it was relatively close in time, a few seconds. When it comes to the cop in question and what he was doing, is IC and can't affect the outcome of the PK. In this case, we had talked over in a VC, with several members of UA and other ranking staff and all agreed that the PKs were valid.

RE: Andrew Cain - Rem - 01-16-2023

I wasn’t even apart of the decision making or had input. I had no role in these PKs. I was watching but ultimately did nothing. Moses wasn’t even there, and nobody was in disagreement. Why are you making up lies?

RE: Andrew Cain - RickJak - 01-16-2023

Maybe we were told wrong.

RE: Andrew Cain - Canadian-bacon - 01-16-2023

"You may only comment on an appeal if you were DIRECTLY involved with the situation leading up to the PK. Replies that are not relevant to the situation will result in a forum warning and/or ban."

This exists on appeals because input from people who were not there in person is not helpful. Demonstrated by the invention of random rumours that these PKs were nothing more than routine.

As Charles stated and quoted both rules, the kills were mere seconds apart and the Police Officer has the right to open fire on suspects deemed armed and dangerous, as characterized by the murder they committed. It is to the responsibility of the person(s) performing the hit to ensure they do it in a safe location where there are no others around to intervene, cops and criminals alike.

02:47:25 to 02:47:34. 9 seconds. I don't consider 9 seconds to be 'long after'. Dying 9 seconds after performing a hit is definitely a PK.

In the future I'd advise at isolating your target a bit more or at the minimum ensuring there's no police around.

Andrew Cain - Canadian-bacon - 01-16-2023

Your appeal has been reviewed and denied.

We have determined this PK to be reasonable and/or justified.

You may not re-appeal this PK.