Diverge Networks
Moriando family - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: 1980s Mafia Roleplay (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Faction Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+---- Forum: Denied (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+---- Thread: Moriando family (/showthread.php?tid=5198)

Pages: 1 2

Moriando family - Ray - 01-19-2023

Name of Faction: Moriando family 

Number of Members (Minimum of 5): currently at 5 members, getting more people on board (as of the time writing this application)

Type Of Faction (Family, Triad, Street Gang, etc): Family 

Ethnic Background (ex: Italian, Greek, African American, Irish, etc): Italian, american-italian, and will accept those of other ethnic groups if they are respectful 

Server Preference (UnionCity or SouthSide): I would prefer the new map NYCity but if not possible SouthSide

Your Discord # (ex: gamer#4210): Philip.#6928

Your SteamID: Ray STEAM_0:0:155895609

Your Server playtime: 1w 9h 53m.

Do you acknowledge that your faction discord will be owned and managed by the official DVN account? (Yes/No): : Yes, I accept these facts 

Organization Backstory (Min. of 250+ Words & any images): 

Ranking structure
[Image: C-Qlwq6LcWjTYpsEX0mxQgZvV-uuU8UqcNdTZ1-O...7KQB48AOFA]

Structure will be as such 

Boss: Fillipo Moriando 

Consigliere: Alessandro Dionigi

Underboss: Andre ‘Big Mac’ Guido

Other members we currently have will be at the rank of soldiers until we trust in their abilities as leaders 

Our mission

Our main mission in making the Moriando crew is too improve Rp by doing these actions, Having engaging and interesting role plays, The main three (Fillipo, Alessandro, and Andre) will be active at times we are available (we will respond to discord messages through phone if not on) so RP can run smoothly without soldiers, associates, caporegime having to wait hours for us to respond. This is a large issue on this server as I've experienced it myself and others could agree, bosses not being on nor responding to their discord notifications and as a result RP is halted and many missed opportunities are created and many more. We will take on new players to improve the chances of them not becoming minges by making them hang arounds and actually giving them task to do (not just standing around watching a door or manning a register for an hour). I see many families denying new players immediately since they just joined the server and are unknown to the major families. We will not remain isolated too just our family, we will interact with other families striking deals with them creating new RP scenarios, socializing with them, and if it must occur go to war with them. Overall this family will be primarily based on improving new player experiences and long time veterans of the server through engaging and quick acting roleplay. 

Back story

Fillipo Moriando was the Don of the powerful Moriando family, a notorious crime organization that had its roots in Italy. He was a ruthless leader, feared by many for his cunning and intelligence. His right-hand men, Alessandro Dionigi and Andre 'Big Mac' Guido, were equally formidable figures in the criminal underworld. Together, they controlled a vast empire of illegal activities, including drug dealing, drug processing, and assassinations. But the Moriando family's power and influence was not without its challenges. They were constantly at war with another powerful crime family, whose members were just as ruthless and dangerous as the Moriandos. Many members of the Moriando family died in this bloody conflict, and the family was forced to flee Italy and seek refuge in New York City. At first, the Moriandos struggled to adjust to their new surroundings. They had to start from scratch, building new connections and alliances in the criminal underworld of New York. But slowly, they began to make their mark. They began to deal in drugs like cocaine and LSD, using their connections with other crime families to expand their empire. The Moriando family also had a few legal businesses, such as a restaurant and a security service that other families could use for their events or important meetings. These businesses helped them to maintain a low profile and avoid attracting too much attention from law enforcement. Despite the challenges they faced, the Moriando family was determined to succeed in their new home. They were a powerful force in the criminal underworld, and they were not going to let anyone stand in their way.

[Image: itvwv-zYADEmO3m1YaF4QDkDqZUKYAmOTq_yVE1V...viWkPINO7T]
From left to right: Alessandro, Andre, Fillipo

Thank you for taking the time to read through this application, I do hope many of you forum members will agree with me on our families mission.
t

RE: Moriando family - Fox - 01-19-2023

It's not a bad application it just seems a little generic, I think the RP 'mission' is a bit unrelated.

I also gave -1 as there is plenty of Italian factions that have been operating for a long time so another one seems overkill.

You also kinda softly state that your illegal racket is either LSD or Cocaine which you aren't forced to be given if accepted.

RE: Moriando family - Ray - 01-19-2023

(01-19-2023, 02:46 PM)Fox Wrote: -1

It's not a bad application it just seems a little generic, I think the RP 'mission' is a bit unrelated.

I also gave -1 as there is plenty of Italian factions that have been operating for a long time so another one seems overkill.

You also kinda softly state that your illegal racket is either LSD or Cocaine which you aren't forced to be given if accepted.

Thank you for the feedback i will graciously use it if this applications is denied. I do however disagree that the mission is unrelated and I do feel it should be necessary that families lay these out before their faction is made as too many families sit around and do not create any engaging or meaningful RP scenarios for new players to participate in. Me stating our mission is me promising the server that the Moriando family will have an impact on the server’s RP quality. 

I said cocaine and LSD in the backstory not as a saying that’s what i want, i just included those two to make the backstory more interesting as it sounds better than just saying “drugs”. But i do understand why you said that in the end.

RE: Moriando family - TheGrimReefer - 01-19-2023

I would normally hate Italian factions but this one addresses the issues I had in my short time as one all I did was stand at a door or bartend just to have a night where I got yelled/put in awkward scenario where I was a doorman that went unpaid because they couldn't communicate who was the doorman they hired so +1 to the hopes that a cool Italian faction might pop up that I might think about joining

RE: Moriando family - CharlesSKS - 01-19-2023

-1 Just the generic Italian faction application, nothing that stands out, nothing that makes it different. The mission part to me seems more to kiss ass than to actually provide something. Also after observing and interacting with you in-game, you don't seem ready to be a faction leader.

RE: Moriando family - Sketchy Polishman - 01-19-2023

Roses are red, viollets are blue, there are too many italian factions so no

RE: Moriando family - Ray - 01-19-2023

(01-19-2023, 04:35 PM)CharlesSKS Wrote: -1  Just the generic Italian faction application, nothing that stands out, nothing that makes it different. The mission part to me seems more to kiss ass than to actually provide something. Also after observing and interacting with you in-game, you don't seem ready to be a faction leader.

By no means is us providing a mission statement us kissing the asses of the admins. We are trying to show the admins that this is what we are going to do and we will be sticking to this plan. I’m sorry you feel that it is us kissing ass but by no means it is not as personally i dislike many of the admins since they are bias in theirs approach’s to handling situations and the little guy always loses and are unwilling to listen to the little guys side of the story. I do understand why you say i’m not ready for a faction yet as i do have a reputation to be some what of a minge, a situation last night really highlighted to me a lot of issues stemming from faction leaders and i want to change those issues by becoming one myself.

(01-19-2023, 03:44 PM)TheGrimReefer Wrote: I would normally hate Italian factions but this one addresses the issues I had in my short time as one all I did was stand at a door or bartend just to have a night where I got yelled/put in awkward scenario where I was a doorman that went unpaid because they couldn't communicate who was the doorman they hired so +1 to the hopes that a cool Italian faction might pop up that I might think about joining

You and many more players have gone through the same situation and it always ends the same way. your work goes unpaid and you are not offered a job into the family. I will change this cycle by providing engaging task to hang arounds and members of the family as an effort to keep you guys coming for more RP. Thanks for +1

(01-19-2023, 04:58 PM)Sketchy Polishman Wrote: -1 
Roses are red, viollets are blue, there

are too many italian factions so no
I’ve been playing on Mafia RP servers since 2017. I’ve always been italian during those times so i shall continue to be italian now. I understand that there is a large amount of italian families on the server, but most of other ethnic crime families do not engage in interesting roleplay nor do these families usually work out as they get too involved in the ethnic part of it and or they become minges. Overall most other groups become minges or they don’t make RP

RE: Moriando family - Sannicandro - 01-19-2023

+1
Great role player and mafia rp veteran. He knows what he’s doing. As far as people saying there’s too many Italian factions…. It is called mafia rp after all….

RE: Moriando family - Loren - 01-19-2023

1+ Great application, I love all of it and I think this faction can really offer world class roleplay and be engaging with their actions.

RE: Moriando family - Lordskips - 01-23-2023

-1 shitty application no reason for more italian factions