Diverge Networks
Unban request - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Ban Appeals (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Forum: Accepted (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+---- Thread: Unban request (/showthread.php?tid=5206)

Unban request - tweetyphish - 01-20-2023

Name of Character: Jeffery Harper

Steam ID: 76561198837223493

Discord ID: tweetyphish#2898

Reason for ban: "RDM"

Length of ban: 3 Days

Reason for appeal: I dont feel like the following actions should result in a ban at all.

Why should I be unbanned? Because, as stated below, the first situation was a mistake and taken care of quickly. The second situation was completely within the rules.

I had received two "RDM" warns in one sitting. The first was me mistaking someone for someone else that had killed a friend of mine, and I was going to get revenge for him. They looked very identical, mostly the same clothing. I was pulled in for a sit and was questioned, I explained, sorry's and understandings were exchanged, and it was all good. The second was me killing two officers after they initiated a traffic stop on my friend after they watched him kill two people and were going to carry him to PD and jail him. Apparently I'm not allowed to stick up for my partners like that, even though rule six under Killing Rules states that, "You may kill in self defense or in defense of your partners/faction/property".  I can see how the first situation earned me a warn because I did mistakenly kill the wrong person but as I said, it was explained and well taken care of due to staff overseeing it. I do not believe that the following events should've resulted in a ban.

RE: Unban request - Marzii - 01-20-2023

Please use the format

Your Name:

Your SteamID (Click to retrieve):

Your Discord ID#:

Reason for ban:

Length of ban:

Reason for appeal (dispute/apology):

Why should you be unbanned?

Additional Information (images, videos, etc):

RE: Unban request - tweetyphish - 01-20-2023

Done, thanks man.

RE: Unban request - poka - 01-20-2023

Hi, you had a Past Offence of RDM on the same day you were banned on that was just a couple hours before of doing something very similar to this. The Video that was sent to me by the player showed you gunning them both down when you said that your friend was getting pulled over and the cops "saw him kill someone" from what I saw in the clips the cops were just doing a normal traffic stop and I don't see in any way that they were planning to arrest your friend. From Rule 12 on the Main Server Rules it states this "In the same vein there are still times when you can't shoot police and it would be considered RDM. You may not KOS Police for no reason. They must be specifically targeting you or a faction member for arrest/takedown. You may not kill Officers for simply pulling you over or writing you a traffic citation. You may not kill Officers for giving you a lawful order. (Leave the area, put that away, Identify yourself, etc)"

So, shooting the cops that didn't have weapons out or pose a threat to your friend and assuming that they were going to arrest him is not a good reason.

As I stated, the first RDM warning was a misunderstanding of me killing the wrong person while trying to get revenge for a friend. The person I killed lost nothing, and it was well taken care of. As for the second event, IF the cops didnt see it happen, they were right around the corner, heard the shots and my friend was deemed a prime suspect and they definitely would have searched him and found the weapon. All I did was stop the situation before it got worse. It was not a "KOS of the police", they made the traffic stop as he was leaving the scene of a shooting that HE committed, and he definitely would have been searched and detained.

You did not know that 100% was going to happen, and you have done that before as you just said you got a note or warning for killing the wrong person. You need to be 100% that the cops are doing what you think they are going to do, which you did not do.

So its safe to assume that, the cops, watching my friend leave the scene of a crime that he committed, are NOT going to question/detain/search him?

My friend that I saved from serving many years behind bars can speak his side on this thread when he gets home. I can assure you that it wasn't a "kos" of cops.

With the view I got on the situation, they were not planning to do that. I explained to you this multiple times after speaking with the cops. I have gave my side and opinion's. At this point were just going around in circles.

With the view I got on the situation, my friend killed two people, cops showed up seconds after, and stopped him. He was the one who committed the crime, and the cops saw him leaving the scene. He was about to be questioned, and detained due to him being at the scene. With all due respect, I do not care what the cops told you. That is exactly what happened, and I believe that killing two cops because they WATCHED my friend (who did the crime) leave a crime scene and stop him is completely within the rules. I understand that the situation had not escalated yet, but only because I killed them before it could. I also understand that this is clearly going in circles, I would love to speak with someone else about this matter, or have someone else look into it and actually take my side into consideration.

Unban request - Ram - 01-20-2023

Your ban appeal has been reviewed and accepted.

The ban will be reduced to 1 day.