Diverge Networks
PK Appeal - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: 1980s Mafia Roleplay (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Character Appeals (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Denied (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+---- Thread: PK Appeal (/showthread.php?tid=5212)

PK Appeal - TopNotchClique - 01-21-2023

Name of Character:Angelo "JR" accardi

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:537579455

Date of PK: 1/21/2023

Reason for PK: "dons orders"

Why should you be unPK'd?: Because there was no real reason to pk me I worked hard to get to where I got and I was a hard worker I was a good earner I was making a lot in the little time I had just to be pked by "dons orders" I spoke to several faction members and they had vouched for me, there was no notice of any potential for me to be PK’d - I did not rat nor break honor in my faction. There are no specifications within “Don’s orders”. Given the current rules and guidelines of ‘family member kills’ there is no valid reason for this to have happened without any explanation

RE: PK Appeal - Sqwirfy - 01-21-2023

Pk'd for breaking family rules

1. Mugging
  2. Kidnaped a fellow faction member
  3. Processing on legal property

RE: PK Appeal - TopNotchClique - 01-21-2023

Family Member Kills

When joining a criminal faction all users understand and partake in the risk of being PK'ed as is the nature of being a criminal. Members of a faction who break their IC code of conduct or run risk to the faction can be ordered killed by the faction leader. See below.

○ Inner-family issues should be handled by the Don of the family and should not always result in murder.
○ If they’re in your family, they must have done something to directly harm the family, yourself, or another member of the family.
■ (Ex: Harm in a physical, or financial way. There has to be tangible damages. You can not PK over hurt pride or a bruised ego)

■ The person in question, must have repeatedly done something to directly harm you, the family, or another member of the family. Unwarranted Harm in a financial (+7,500$) or repeated physical way, there has to be tangible damages, disrespect is not a reason to kill someone. This also means you cannot PK someone JUST for up one time. Having continued issues or warnings about behaviour or disputes can cause escalation to a PK. (Be sure to record all encounters/transgressions)

■ Collaborating or potentially collaborating with Government / Law enforcement agencies to take harm the faction.

● Examples: They knowingly assaulted a fellow member, siding with a rival gang to harm yourself or your gang, or knowingly bring harm onto another member.

■ Financially harmed yourself or another member of the gang (+7,500$)
● Examples: If they withheld money, robbed a fellow member, or did something to directly harm the gang in a financial way.

■ Actively betraying the gang.
● Examples: Intentionally ratting to the police, Intentionally setting the gang up to be attacked by rivals, or intentionally giving away gang secrets to a rival in an attempt to profit.

■ As a means of self-preservation
● If the member knowingly causes an issue with a larger gang, or other organized crime group, and you desire to avoid a war you may work it out with said rival gang or organized crime group to instead kill the cause of the strife. This is not an opportune reason, but it is a valid reason.
● If they have left the gang/family without approval from the leader, while holding the position of made man+ (or appropriate equivalent), they may be subject to a PK. Entry level associates who are not made or deeply committed to the organization may leave without harm as their position is low and they know very little. (Security, waiters, doormen, drivers, etc) <You will be asked to provide evidence of rank> This does not apply if they have partaken in criminal actions, drug manufacturing/murder/robbery/etc. Generally under most don's orders.

You may be asked to provide proof of these claims.

■ Attempted Mutiny or ‘takeover’ of a gang must be approved by a member of UA

(01-21-2023, 11:54 PM)Sqwirfy Wrote: Pk'd for breaking family rules

1. Mugging
  2. Kidnaped a fellow faction member
  3. Processing on legal property
Please provide evidence of the following claims

RE: PK Appeal - Ram - 01-22-2023

Hello, I was the Staff Member who oversaw and approved your character's Permanent Kill.

Your character was Permanently Killed under the following guidelines:

• They knowingly assaulted a fellow member, siding with a rival gang to harm yourself or your gang, or knowingly bring harm onto another member.

• As a means of self-preservation.

In the case of the kidnapping of a fellow faction member: You made yourself appear as a threat to the faction by doing the aforementioned action. (Refer to the first bulleted point for the guideline followed.)

In the case of the mugging incident: You could've been arrested by Police and spoke to them about your involvement in a Crime Family which would put the faction into a jeopardizing position. (Refer to the second bulleted point for the guideline followed.)

In the case of the processing illegal narcotics on a legal property: Should the Police had raided the property in question and found you processing illegal narcotics, you would've put the property owners, (Faction Leadership,) at risk of having a warrant issued for their arrest for allowing individuals to commit illicit activities on their property. (Refer to the second bulleted point for the guideline followed.) 

RE: PK Appeal - TopNotchClique - 01-22-2023

As far as RP guidelines are concerned - This can’t be valid considering no one else was there with my F3. In RP Terms this is considered accusations, with no following members questioning me about it at all. I ask for video evidence to be provided, which is another point I’d like to share about this RP scenario - the person being kidnapped did not begin recording as their hands were tied from being arrested by the police, the person being kidnapped did not have my F3 at the time. And did not make it aware that they had video recording going via camcorder. Which voids “self preservation, processing illegal narcotics”

There is no RP valid evidence that I have committed any of these accusations and should be considered as speculation

RE: PK Appeal - ZOOMER - 01-22-2023

Hello, faction leaders may order a PK of inner-faction members for any given reason as long as they are valid. Most crime factions are relatively strict regarding inner-faction rules. If you have any further questions regarding your PK, it's best if you speak to your previous faction leader if possible. Feel free to take a look of past appeals with similar situations as reference.

Thank you for taking the time to create an appeal. If you have any further questions or concerns, feel free to contact us directly via Discord.

Your appeal has been reviewed and denied.

We have determined this PK to be reasonable and/or justified.

You may not re-appeal this PK.