Diverge Networks
Ayden Kuna PK Appeal - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: 1980s Mafia Roleplay (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Character Appeals (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Accepted (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: Ayden Kuna PK Appeal (/showthread.php?tid=5214)

Pages: 1 2

Ayden Kuna PK Appeal - Ayden - 01-22-2023

Name of Character: Ayden Kuna

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:73536917

Date of PK: 20230121

Reason for PK: Metagame

Why should you be unPK'd?: I want to start by saying I am absolutely guilty of what appears to be Metagaming. While admitting that, I want to kind of explain some of the finer details of this. First, I was heading onto the server when I got a message from a friend telling me to get on and help him with something. When I spawned in the bullpen, I was immediately greeted by that friend who had told my character IC he was the defense attorney for someone the PD had in custody. Either way I see how that could be seen as telling me to get on. Moving on, there was then the long conversation I had with the Deputy Mayor and the Detective who I had directed to write affidavits and a criminal complaint for the charges. It was then brought to my attention by one of the Defense Attorneys that the CCTV footage that they wanted to use was offline by the Property Manager. To my knowledge at the time the property manager had the right to do that. This would later be a big issue with the whole metagame thing. Either way a big part of the conversation they claim to be meta is this info and I can assure you the info was given verbally in game. When I was told by the Defense that this was the case. I even directed them to have a document signed by the property manager produced to show that this was something they were actually doing. I left the room at that point because I assumed it would take time for them to get and thats something they could produce at a later date. At that point I had decided that without the CCTV we didnt have enough to keep them locked up and had made the judgement to let him walk considering he hadnt been officially charged the PD were within their rights to arrest him again for the same thing if the evidence was cleared and brought forward. A warrant could have been made if that were the case. At that time though there was no material evidence to support the charge and absolutely no DA in the world would take a case where there is no material evidence. Either way, after that I was yelled at for "corruption" and the likes but i dont really consider it corrupt. I really just was given a piece of information from the Defense and directed them to have a document signed by the property manager saying that what they told me was accurate. Either way, the document was never given to me IC it was sent through DMs when the server crashed. I think the implication is that I was even using the doc IC when now looking back at it I never did a /me and only put it in LOOC. Either way that document was the main reason for the sit that got me banned. A little oversight on my part to not realize that it wouldnt be considered IC until they gave it to me but that was a little mix up. I was then brought to a sit where I would inevitably get PK'd for the conduct. I again do not dispute the fact it definitely looks like Metagame and there is no real way to prove I was going to act the same way without that OOC influence but it comes down to integrity at that point. My main appeal is to the fact that I have worked for a while to get the character to where it is. I have taken probably hundreds of cases at this point and have tried my best to better the justice system in it. I am literally mostly known for being fair and lenient on all players indiscriminately. I am really requesting something along the lines of a 1 week ban and to get unpk'd. That character means a lot to me considering how much time ive put into it and how many plans I had for it and I really just dont want one mistake to be its downfall. 

Thanks for your consideration Smile

RE: Ayden Kuna PK Appeal - Duggar - 01-22-2023

I am the admin who pked you. You clearly were metagaming, this was shown to use and the person you were metagaming admitted to it being "Minor Metagame" and "Minor Powergame", in the end of the day there is no such thing as Minor Metagame or Powergame its just what it is. As a person in your position you used your rank and say to go against the PD to help your friend. You tried to remove evidence by deleting a bunch of dms and getting the lawyer to delete the document. Moving on the the CCTV, you threw the whole case out because of this information you received through discord, there was no /me's of you receiving this and both you and the lawyer admitted it was sent through discord. You abused your character and that's why this pk is justified, you knew you couldn't do something like this and so did your friend, that's why he is asking if you are risking your job helping him in this way.

RE: Ayden Kuna PK Appeal - Ayden - 01-22-2023

I already admitted to that part. Like totally admitted to it. I mean i didnt know it was something I could be pk'd for. Doesnt really change anything, thats why I am asking for a ban rather than a pk. Also, the defendant that this was started over literally didnt get punished for the murder I got banned for "helping" them with. The detective literally just said "im going to bed" and let the guy walk on murder charges. Probably for the same reason I was going to. Literally with or without the OOC request for help the situation was going to end the same way. I am more pushing for the move to a ban because I feel like the character does much more good than harm. This is one blemish on an otherwise fruitful career on that character. I really would like the opportunity to keep roleplaying on it.

RE: Ayden Kuna PK Appeal - Nobleman - 01-22-2023

(01-22-2023, 03:14 AM)Duggar Wrote: I am the admin who pked you. You clearly were metagaming, this was shown to use and the person you were metagaming admitted to it being "Minor Metagame" and "Minor Powergame", in the end of the day there is no such thing as Minor Metagame or Powergame its just what it is. As a person in your position you used your rank and say to go against the PD to help your friend. You tried to remove evidence by deleting a bunch of dms and getting the lawyer to delete the document. Moving on the the CCTV, you threw the whole case out because of this information you received through discord, there was no /me's of you receiving this and both you and the lawyer admitted it was sent through discord. You abused your character and that's why this pk is justified, you knew you couldn't do something like this and so did your friend, that's why he is asking if you are risking your job helping him in this way.

The Discord DMs provided zero IC advantage but only acted to initiate RP.

The lack of evidence by the PD is the reason why the case was thrown out by the DAs office. Subsequently after Ayden was PKed the detective in charge of the case dropped the charges and allowed myself and my client to leave the premises. This was after the fact CCTV evidence was deciphered by a staff member, yourself, to be invalid evidence without proper RP on behalf of the detective.

The document was never issued in RP to the best of my knowledge, and was only sent on the basis that it would be received IC. It was previously discussed IC that the document would be made and acted upon. I was only hampered in-game due to the crash, further evident with my roleplay actions to receive the document.

RE: Ayden Kuna PK Appeal - Dong - 01-22-2023

Even though Duggar has explained everything that needs to be said on the matter, I was directly involved in the situation so I feel my opinion is somewhat valid.

Both you and your friend admitted in the sit that you had broken the rules and understood that there would be consequences as a result. Due to you directly character abusing, the consequences consisted of your character being PKd. So I also believe in this case the punishments are justified.

RE: Ayden Kuna PK Appeal - Young Wallace - 01-22-2023

Bro why is this in black text on black background... cringe. Just a week ago or something he donated $200 for a custom character item so I think this PK appeal requires a great deal of consideration before a decision is made. I agree that a ban is the most fair outcome for this situation and whether or not his character deserves a second chance. Here is my perspective as to why:

"in the end of the day there is no such thing as Minor Metagame or Powergame its just what it is" I disagree with there not being a variety in severity and punishment as seen from such bans as Walker
#0211 where the warning is "Severe Item Transfer" and other warnings where an adjective specifies the severity of a warning. Every situation is not the same. If someone metagames to do a drug bust on a faction are you really going to equate that with metagame of someone being told where to meet up on the map in an OOC context?

Salizohr#5602's: Item Transfer Middleman | Metagame | FailRPx2. Four different counts of rule violations and he got a 2 week ban and kept his mayor character. Around the same time Severe Item

Does Sal having a character as a Mayor play into his character not being PKed to avoid OOC from wrecking IC politics? Maybe, but if so I think the same scrutiny should be applied to Ayden Kuna's character. He, for the longest while has been the most active member of the DA staff, has participated in countless cases etc. I think just comparing these two warns though, the fact Sal received a 2 week ban for Item Transfer, Metagame, and FailRPx2 but no PK is enough justification that this deserves a ban and not a PK.

tl;dr Why was Sal not PKed for his multiple rule violations but Kuna is not? In this situation, a PK is far worse than a ban obviously because he loses his $200 item.

also mb for posting without being involved, didn't read the rules because i got this thread from a direct link in #forum-thread of main DV-N discord.

(01-22-2023, 03:41 AM)Nobleman Wrote:
(01-22-2023, 03:14 AM)Duggar Wrote: I am the admin who pked you. You clearly were metagaming, this was shown to use and the person you were metagaming admitted to it being "Minor Metagame" and "Minor Powergame", in the end of the day there is no such thing as Minor Metagame or Powergame its just what it is. As a person in your position you used your rank and say to go against the PD to help your friend. You tried to remove evidence by deleting a bunch of dms and getting the lawyer to delete the document. Moving on the the CCTV, you threw the whole case out because of this information you received through discord, there was no /me's of you receiving this and both you and the lawyer admitted it was sent through discord. You abused your character and that's why this pk is justified, you knew you couldn't do something like this and so did your friend, that's why he is asking if you are risking your job helping him in this way.

The Discord DMs provided zero IC advantage but only acted to initiate RP.

The lack of evidence by the PD is the reason why the case was thrown out by the DAs office. Subsequently after Ayden was PKed the detective in charge of the case dropped the charges and allowed myself and my client to leave the premises. This was after the fact CCTV evidence was deciphered by a staff member, yourself, to be invalid evidence without proper RP on behalf of the detective.

The document was never issued in RP to the best of my knowledge, and was only sent on the basis that it would be received IC. It was previously discussed IC that the document would be made and acted upon. I was only hampered in-game due to the crash, further evident with my roleplay actions to receive the document.

You both already admitted to using OOC information IC to your advantage. There is no point denying metagaming and powergaming now they you've both admitted it. His isn't even arguing that anymore and is just trying to get his punishment changed.

RE: Ayden Kuna PK Appeal - thecooliestdool - 01-22-2023

I will say that he admitted to us in an admin sit that what he did could be considered wrong, but he never actually took responsibility and just said it was all coincidental. I personally would be alright with him being unpk'ed but he should not be allowed back inside the government or the police department as he clearly was a corrupt official who worked with a faction to get someone not charged. I personally would never allow him to touch a case again as I fear he would just do the same old tricks to get people freed. The fact that discord messages were deleted so that he could try to save face also says alot.

(01-22-2023, 04:00 AM)Young Wallace Wrote: Bro why is this in black text on black background... cringe. Just a week ago or something he donated $200 for a custom character item so I think this PK appeal requires a great deal of consideration before a decision is made. I agree that a ban is the most fair outcome for this situation and whether or not his character deserves a second chance. Here is my perspective as to why:

"in the end of the day there is no such thing as Minor Metagame or Powergame its just what it is" I disagree with there not being a variety in severity and punishment as seen from such bans as Walker
#0211 where the warning is "Severe Item Transfer" and other warnings where an adjective specifies the severity of a warning. Every situation is not the same. If someone metagames to do a drug bust on a faction are you really going to equate that with metagame of someone being told where to meet up on the map in an OOC context?

Salizohr#5602's: Item Transfer Middleman | Metagame | FailRPx2. Four different counts of rule violations and he got a 2 week ban and kept his mayor character.  Around the same time Severe Item

Does Sal having a character as a Mayor play into his character not being PKed to avoid OOC from wrecking IC politics? Maybe, but if so I think the same scrutiny should be applied to Ayden Kuna's character. He, for the longest while has been the most active member of the DA staff, has participated in countless cases etc. I think just comparing these two warns though, the fact Sal received a 2 week ban for Item Transfer, Metagame, and FailRPx2 but no PK is enough justification that this deserves a ban and not a PK.

tl;dr Why was Sal not PKed for his multiple rule violations but Kuna is not? In this situation, a PK is far worse than a ban obviously because he loses his $200 item.
Were you involved in this situation?

(01-22-2023, 04:21 AM)thecooliestdool Wrote: I will say that he admitted to us in an admin sit that what he did could be considered wrong, but he never actually took responsibility and just said it was all coincidental. I personally would be alright with him being unpk'ed but he should not be allowed back inside the government or the police department as he clearly was a corrupt official who worked with a faction to get someone not charged. I personally would never allow him to touch a case again as I fear he would just do the same old tricks to get people freed. The fact that discord messages were deleted so that he could try to save face also says alot.
He just said in his reply he did it

RE: Ayden Kuna PK Appeal - Dong - 01-22-2023

Regardless if he has donated to the server, he is seen no different to a user who hasn’t donated. Ultimately rules were broken, and they both understood that there would be consequences as a result. In future, please only comment on an appeal, if you where directly involved.