Diverge Networks
Character appeal - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: 1980s Mafia Roleplay (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Character Appeals (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Denied (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+---- Thread: Character appeal (/showthread.php?tid=5225)

Character appeal - Jimmy Maniscalco - 01-25-2023

Name of Character: Harvey A. Kent

Date of PK: 1/24/23

Reason for PK: Shooting at a probiationary officer

Why should you be unPK'd?: 

Sequence of events: I saw the mayor (Desmond duke) was doing "Live" broadcast from the PD I then went inside just to crash the thing and hop in front of the camera like a dumbass It was then followed by the deputy mayor screaming at a probitionary officer to shoot me. Saying I assulted the mayor (Just to clarify I dont in any way want anyone to get punished in this that includes the probi) The Probi then proceeded to pull out a glock with a supressor and laser pointer shooting at me. As far as I recall he shot 3 or 4 times hitting me once. I then made it my way down the stairs of the pd drawing my own gun in self defence. I shot and killed the probi. THEN sgt mctavish saw me shoot and kill a probi and began to pull out his shotgun WITHOUT ME FIRING AT MCTAVISH ONCE and killing me.

1)  first and foremost. I shot at the probi in self defence since he pulled out the taser for a mear 3 seconds (Not even able to fire) before he got direct orders from the deputy mayor to fire at me.

2) Mctavish (Who I blame the least in this) didnt even pull out his taser (Shotgun was already drawn in safety) and proceeded to shoot me. I shot back and then died.

Due to this I geneunly think this pk was unjust and unfair.

(01-25-2023, 01:25 AM)Jimmy Maniscalco Wrote: Name of Character: Harvey A. Kent
Edit: Mctavish has a clip of the incident please get him to post it
Date of PK: 1/24/23

Reason for PK: Shooting at a probiationary officer

Why should you be unPK'd?: 

Sequence of events: I saw the mayor (Desmond duke) was doing "Live" broadcast from the PD I then went inside just to crash the thing and hop in front of the camera like a dumbass It was then followed by the deputy mayor screaming at a probitionary officer to shoot me. Saying I assulted the mayor (Just to clarify I dont in any way want anyone to get punished in this that includes the probi) The Probi then proceeded to pull out a glock with a supressor and laser pointer shooting at me. As far as I recall he shot 3 or 4 times hitting me once. I then made it my way down the stairs of the pd drawing my own gun in self defence. I shot and killed the probi. THEN sgt mctavish saw me shoot and kill a probi and began to pull out his shotgun WITHOUT ME FIRING AT MCTAVISH ONCE and killing me.

1)  first and foremost. I shot at the probi in self defence since he pulled out the taser for a mear 3 seconds (Not even able to fire) before he got direct orders from the deputy mayor to fire at me.

2) Mctavish (Who I blame the least in this) didnt even pull out his taser (Shotgun was already drawn in safety) and proceeded to shoot me. I shot back and then died.

Due to this I geneunly think this pk was unjust and unfair.

RE: Character appeal - Sammy - 01-25-2023

Hey Lobo.

I am Sammy, the Admin who took that PK. I will below provide the clip of the Sergeant who killed Pk'ed you.

As we can see in that clip, you get out of PD and you kill a Police Officers on the stairs... We can aslo see that the Proby does not have a firearm out at all. You cannot kill a cop in front of a Police Department and expect all the other Officers around to come and undertsand the situation. You didn't have to aim or shoot at McTavish in this clip for him to kill you... you killed an Officer in front of him. Pulling your gun in "self defence" because he tried to taze you is not a good reason. The Sergeant did not try to taze or use his tazer because you just gunned down the Proby in front of him.

Also if this PK was "unfair" and "unjust", you can just look in the rules. If you go here: https://divergenet.works/forums/showthread.php?tid=4 .

You can read this:

Initiating a shootout or violent confrontation with Police can lead to a PK. Killing or attacking an Officer after initiating a violent confrontation leaves you PK active from officers for about 15 minutes. Generally we want people to not immediately go for the gun when dealing with Police, as a result if you escalate a situation to a shootout and lose you can be punished via PK as your character was killed. This does not apply if it is the Police that fired first or escalated to a shootout.

In this case again the Police did not initiate or escalated the shootout because you decided to kill a Proby trying to Taze you outside PD.

For me this Pk is more than Just and Fair, it's by the rules.

The Clip:
https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/S9B9KuMuwwUV9/57ewIuVbQOin?invite=cr-MSxRVnosMzczMzE4MDIs

Thanks.

RE: Character appeal - Canadian-bacon - 01-25-2023

Posting logs to support Sammy's position.

Harvey A. Kent STEAM_0:1:551360735 James Burke (STEAM_0:1:551360735) (Harvey A. Kent) killed tymothyjone1973 (STEAM_0:0:741695560) (Probationary Officer John Garcia) using a player
(Harvey A. Kent) inflicted 100HP damage to tymothyjone1973 (STEAM_0:0:741695560) (Probationary Officer John Garcia) using a arccw_python
(Harvey A. Kent) inflicted 65HP damage to tymothyjone1973 (STEAM_0:0:741695560) (Probationary Officer John Garcia) using a arccw_python
(Harvey A. Kent) inflicted 22HP damage to ʍɀĒ?Ҝ (STEAM_0:1:389354213) (Acting Mayor Desmond Duke) using a arccw_python
Harvey A. Kent STEAM_0:1:551360735 Harvey A. Kent tried 'Equip' on item 'Colt Python' (#9123575)

According to server logs the probationary Officer never damaged you. This contradicts your initial appeal where you state he hit you before you drew a weapon. At no point in the exchange did the Probie Officer damage you.

RE: Character appeal - Jimmy Maniscalco - 01-25-2023

(01-25-2023, 01:53 AM)Sammy Wrote: Hey Lobo.

I am Sammy, the Admin who took that PK. I will below provide the clip of the Sergeant who killed Pk'ed you.

As we can see in that clip, you get out of PD and you kill a Police Officers on the stairs... We can aslo see that the Proby does not have a firearm out at all. You cannot kill a cop in front of a Police Department and expect all the other Officers around to come and undertsand the situation. You didn't have to aim or shoot at McTavish in this clip for him to kill you... you killed an Officer in front of him. Pulling your gun in "self defence" because he tried to taze you is not a good reason. The Sergeant did not try to taze or use his tazer because you just gunned down the Proby in front of him.

Also if this PK was "unfair" and "unjust", you can just look in the rules. If you go here: https://divergenet.works/forums/showthread.php?tid=4 .

You can read this:

Initiating a shootout or violent confrontation with Police can lead to a PK. Killing or attacking an Officer after initiating a violent confrontation leaves you PK active from officers for about 15 minutes. Generally we want people to not immediately go for the gun when dealing with Police, as a result if you escalate a situation to a shootout and lose you can be punished via PK as your character was killed. This does not apply if it is the Police that fired first or escalated to a shootout.

In this case again the Police did not initiate or escalated the shootout because you decided to kill a Proby trying to Taze you outside PD.

For me this Pk is more than Just and Fair, it's by the rules.

The Clip:
https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/S9B9KuMuwwUV9/57ewIuVbQOin?invite=cr-MSxRVnosMzczMzE4MDIs

Thanks.

Godamn I got one bad shot

RE: Character appeal - Canadian-bacon - 01-26-2023

Next time don't needlessly instigate against Officers if you don't want the risk of a PK.

Character appeal - Canadian-bacon - 01-26-2023

Your appeal has been reviewed and denied.

We have determined this PK to be reasonable and/or justified.

You may not re-appeal this PK.