Diverge Networks
Wallace Staff App - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Denied (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Thread: Wallace Staff App (/showthread.php?tid=5231)

Wallace Staff App - Young Wallace - 01-27-2023

In-Game Name(s): Matthew Walsh & Vincent "Pass" Petrosino
Steam Name: Somebody7850
Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/012859125771267
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:56082649
Discord Username: Young Wallace#1566
Total playtime on our Servers: 1 week 6 days 55 minutes (combined w/ Revenant)
Time Zone: Eastern Standard Time
How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?: Two hours or more on weekdays and three hours or more on weekends.
Have you read the rules?: Yes, that and the PK guidelines multiple times.
Do you have a working microphone?: Yes.
Do you acknowledge that you must attend all staff meetings: Yes.
Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands?: I have limited experience with both and will need further training. If there is a documented list of relevant staff commands I'd be able to learn them extremely quick.
Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?: Yes.
-------------------------------------------------
What is your motivation/reason for applying?:
My motivation for applying is because I want PET flags. In all seriousness though, I would like to aid the integrity of this game by by punishing those with no intent to follow the rules and cheat their character's way to the top or griefing other players and ruining their experience. But more importantly, by aiding those, especially new players, who are simply ignorant on the rules of the server. There are lots of them and some are more hidden than simply being under the server rules thread. When staff members are apathetic to the education of the players in their sit, it can lead to contempt from those players towards the wider staff team and community leadership. That is why should I become a staff member, I would not allow a player in my sit to be warned without fully understanding the cause for their warn and a way they could have abided by server rules in that situation. The last and least important reason is that I'd be able to cover midnight hours when staff members are uncommonly on, due to my work schedule.

Why should you be considered over other candidates?:
I believe I would be a better candidate than others might be to become a member of staff for multiple reasons but firstly because I have in-depth experience with the different types of faction RP on this server. I've delved into LegalRP as a Public Defender and studied the server's UCS Handbook and Diverge Network Political and Judicial RP Guidelines. Later I participated in PoliticalRP and successfully got my character Matthew Walsh into City Council. All other candidates have likely participated in the MafiaRP side of this server, as it is the main focus for gameplay and I have as well, but do they know our server's legal guidelines and can they help advise players on them? I also would like to mention that although I do not have a stick up my ass, I work a part-time job and take college classes and this server is but a means of entertainment as it should be for all players. This is a game, with rules, and should be treated as such.

Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where, what position and how long):
Werwolf Gaming Half-Life RP - Trial Moderator (Two months during pre-release.)

Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?:
No, nor warned.

Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?:
No, I don't believe I am all too well known in the community comparable to others but I have conversed with many Diverge members over Discord. I believe that my reputation is mixed especially among certain members of UA (which I do hope doesn't influence the result of this application). Regardless of that, I have also befriended a good many players who support me and my endeavors, as do I to them in return.

Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names:
Zer0live0z & Sammy
-------------------------------------------------
Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?:
As most players should on this server, I'd download a clip from instant replay. Depending on staff guidelines I would either switch to on-duty staff and take him to a sit where I would ask him to elaborate on why he killed me. If I can get a somewhat valid reason for the kill that isn't an attempt at manipulating their way out of a warn then I would let them off with a verbal warning and direct them to the "Killing Rules" of the Diverge Server Rules thread.

You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?:
I'd first make sure to grab evidence of their actions but then question their actions as to see why they have done what they did. If they give a satisfactory answer then I'd leave it at that and simply watch for more instances of abuse, if it continues then I would compile a list of evidences and send it to a higher ranking member of staff in the chain of command.

A very good friend of yours joins the server. Over the course of an hour, you’ve received multiple complaints about them not following rules, RDM’ing, and minging. How do you proceed knowing this can affect your friendship with them?:
As a staff member, it is extremely important to not give favor to any player over another. Bias in staff decision is another cause for contempt from players towards member of the staff team. As a result, I would treat them the same as any other player in terms of punishment and explaining of the rules. If they try to involve my friendship with them into the picture I'd simply mention that it would be unfair to favor them and cheat the game for them, simply because we are friends.

Note
One thing of slight relevance I would like to bring up is my response to "Ayden Kuna PK Appeal". I responded when not involved in the situation because I'd clicked on the link to the thread through the Discord's #forum-threads and because of the site's layout you cannot see a forum sections rules without going back to that section's front page. In the future I will check the front page of a forum section but as explained, it was a simple mistake.

RE: Wallace Staff App - ZER0LIVEZ0 - 01-27-2023

1+ Good Rp and is active

RE: Wallace Staff App - Average Polish Dude - 01-27-2023

+1 absolutel fuckin unit

RE: Wallace Staff App - Smurf - 01-27-2023

Why would your revenant time be connected with diverge.

You also don’t get pet flags for being staff, only on your staff character.

RE: Wallace Staff App - Young Wallace - 01-27-2023

Smurf

My time on Diverge MafiaRP alone is 1w 3d 9h 31m. Reason I combined them is because they are both owned by Pendred, pretty much the same rules,and the application format says, "our Servers:"

[Image: image.png]
Also thanks for clearing up my misunderstanding about PET flags, I just said it as a joke.

Wallace Staff App - Rem - 01-30-2023

Thank you for applying to the Diverge Networks staff team.
Unfortunately, your application has been denied.

You may apply again in 30 days. You may apply sooner if you receive permission from a Head Administrator or higher.