Diverge Networks
Robyn Banks PK appeal - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: 1980s Mafia Roleplay (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Character Appeals (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Accepted (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: Robyn Banks PK appeal (/showthread.php?tid=5319)

Robyn Banks PK appeal - 2TacosPlease - 02-08-2023

Name of Character: Robyn "Tacos" Banks

SteamID: 76561199215046701

Your Discord ID#: 2 Tacos Please#6300

Date of PK: February 7th 2023, A little before 11pm

Reason for PK: "Counter Mug / Not Valuing Life"

Why should you be unPK'd?: So from my perspective  i stopped in at the bank to use the ATM when i heard gunshots and saw the flashes from the jewelry store rooftop. It was dark but i made out a whiteshirt with a gun up there. Me and 2 others made our way there and i had my gun out and on safety. We ascended the ladders and while I was climbing up i heard more gunshots when the man in front of me made it up the ladder. When I climbed up in my frame of view I could see one man forward and to my left with a shotgun, he was the same one in the white shirt i saw earlier. I missed two shots at him and someone stepped out from my right and killed me. This should all be visible in the attached clip. The issue is that unbeknownst to me or any of the other two at the time there was a member of my faction tied up on the roof out of view and there were 2 gunmen as opposed to one. If I had known that I wouldn't have went up there. Not knowing that there was somebody tied up there means it couldn't have been a counter mug/kidnap as if I had known I would not have involved myself. When I brought this up in the sit I was told it was still nonvalue of life, but I was operating under the belief that we were three people going to attack one lone gunman who was taking potshots at us from the jewelry store roof unprovoked. I did not draw my weapon when I was under a gun, it was already out and on safety before I climbed the roof, which you can see in the clip if you pause it. I did not break FearRP, counter any mugging or kidnapping, or show disregard for my own life given the circumstances. There is precedent for similar PK's being overturned ( https://divergenet.works/forums/showthread.php?tid=5204 not the same exact situation but an example of someone dying under similar circumstances and not being PK'd), and in conclusion I do not believe I was in the wrong in this situation, it was an obvious in hindsight but well executed PK baiting attempt.

If possible please provide video evidence or photo evidence if PK does not follow the guidelines: Video from the perspective of the guy who was tied https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/UgHZKCn3mZN8Z/UHPFluG24EhF?invite=cr-MSxtd1YsNTk0MzU3MDIs

RE: Robyn Banks PK appeal - Rae2quick - 02-08-2023

In the video you posted it clearly shows you look at both gunmen before drawing your weapon, not to mention there was 4 people aiming guns at you I myself being one of them just because you did not see them is not a excuse to not be pked, also you obviously knew what you were getting into as you watched your other 2 friends get killed when going up the ladder. You guys tried to save your friend from being mugged which does not make any sense on how you knew he was on the roof even if you claim it was the IG radio when we had them at gun point you can hear when someone uses the radio if you are close and none of the two used there radio so please tell me how 4 of you knew his location and knew he was in trouble so you came up trying to pull guns? Sounds like a discord call to me. And on top of that even after killing you and your other 2 friends more of your faction members or just friends in your discord started shooting at us from the hardware store. You all knew what you were doing.

RE: Robyn Banks PK appeal - CharlesSKS - 02-08-2023

The reason for your PK was not that of a counter mug (as you can defend a mugging and not be PKed for it if you die), but not valuing life can be deemed in a certain way for this PK. The main issue that came across was that of a possible metagaming scenario where each person involved in this PK, gave different statements on how you all came to going up the ladder, with guns ready, knowing that someone was being mugged. Not one story is true for each person that went up the ladder, you all have different arguments rather than having one conclusive one. (Jack Miholf who was also PKed claimed to contact him over the radio because he knew someone was AFK on the roof. No radio contact was ever made. And no one was AFK on the roof.) You only gave your perspective, but when I was talking to you all in the sit, none of you came to a conclusion as to why you all went up together, and in the statement from Miholf, it is completely different to yours, saying that he made radio contact with an AFK member, that he knew was up on the roof. And as for disregarding life, one could argue that watching your friend die before you, walking over to the shooters, and then drawing your gun and dying can result in this, but I agree that you did not break FearRP if you did have the gun out beforehand because I'm currently trying to see if the gun is out before you reach the top.

(02-08-2023, 08:45 PM)Rae2quick Wrote: In the video you posted it clearly shows you look at both gunmen before drawing your weapon, not to mention there was 4 people aiming guns at you I myself being one of them just because you did not see them is not a excuse to not be pked, also you obviously knew what you were getting into as you watched your other 2 friends get killed when going up the ladder. You guys tried to save your friend from being mugged which does not make any sense on how you knew he was on the roof even if you claim it was the IG radio when we had them at gun point you can hear when someone uses the radio if you are close and none of the two used there radio so please tell me how 4 of you knew his location and knew he was in trouble so you came up trying to pull guns? Sounds like a discord call to me. And on top of that even after killing you and your other 2 friends more of your faction members or just friends in your discord started shooting at us from the hardware store. You all knew what you were doing.

The part about being shot from the hardware store is also true, which is why I deemed all the PKs as possibly metagaming or even using radio contact after death which would be breaking NLR.

RE: Robyn Banks PK appeal - 2TacosPlease - 02-08-2023

(02-08-2023, 08:45 PM)Rae2quick Wrote: In the video you posted it clearly shows you look at both gunmen before drawing your weapon, not to mention there was 4 people aiming guns at you I myself being one of them just because you did not see them is not a excuse to not be pked, also you obviously knew what you were getting into as you watched your other 2 friends get killed when going up the ladder. You guys tried to save your friend from being mugged which does not make any sense on how you knew he was on the roof even if you claim it was the IG radio when we had them at gun point you can hear when someone uses the radio if you are close and none of the two used there radio so please tell me how 4 of you knew his location and knew he was in trouble so you came up trying to pull guns? Sounds like a discord call to me. And on top of that even after killing you and your other 2 friends more of your faction members or just friends in your discord started shooting at us from the hardware store. You all knew what you were doing.
I had my python on safety i never drew it it was already out, had no idea there was a guy up there i came because i saw a whiteshirt and gunshots  from that roof ( muzzle flash is a mechanic we have its pretty bright at night) and thought i was being shot at. I didnt know you had killed anyone i only knew the guy in front of me climbed up and i heard shots. I cant speak for anyone else but that is my side of it. If i knew you had someone tied and that it was more than one person i wouldnt have climbed up a chokepoint nor even involved myself lmao. My life is worth more than whatever he has in his inventory.

And to charles i was saying that I couldnt really get a word in during the sit because of jack and the shooter arguing, i wasnt really paying attention to the radio because i was in an xbox party with my irl friends who were playing Halo, but yeah if i knew what was going on with a mugging and all that i wouldnt have gone up there he can lose his items

The best proof i can give that I had no idea what was going is anyone who has UA perms in the Davis discord should be able to go in chat and see that i was bitching about how i had no idea what was going on and how hard i got baited

RE: Robyn Banks PK appeal - Guitar Guy - 02-08-2023

Hey, I'm the faction leader of those PK'ed and have a clip of another POV:
https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/Umvlqi_boYa_I/d1337Kbj7Hra?invite=cr-MSw3T28sMTQ4MzE0OTAxL

1. Very clearly shown here you can see radio contact between those involved, not discord. This situation was not metagamed on our side (Not sure if we can say the same for the muggers)

2. Don't know why there would be conflicting stories but after talking to those involved and watching the clips this is what i gathered:
The three ran to roof because of the gunshots and (at least to Jack's knowledge) that at least one DB was on the roof by visibly seeing Bobby and telling him to get off the roof (the man in the sombrero). In the clip Bobby was not tied and did not have his hands up which would indicate he was being mugged from the beginning of the clip until the time they reached the first ladder. Jack may have assumed he was AFK due to him not responding on the radio or moving. Bobby may not have been responding on radio or moving due to a gun being pointed at him putting him under FearRP. We don't really know bc of the shortness of the clip, but regardless there was no indicator of a mugging taking place on the roof. The mugging began around the time the three were already heading up to the top of the roof. There is about 1 second of time between the sound cue of the restraints and Liam coming over the top of the ladder. This can be seen in the clip attached to the original post. In the situation they didn't know it was a mugging until they were on the roof, but, since restraints went on and the mugging was already in progress by Bobby being under gunpoint, it became a situation of defense of a mugging. If they knew it was a mugging prior to going up I would assume they wouldn't have charged up there one by one, but even in the way it played out the PK should be appealed and accepted since acting in defense of a mugging does not make you PK'ed.

3. Johnny Amato being on the radio and on the hardware store was well aware IC that someone of ours was on the roof and even radio'ed in that he saw masked men on the room. More info was given by Jack saying, "Get down sombrero" and "Watch out they are coming up" followed by gunfire. That would make it reasonable to shoot at the masked men on the roof from the hardware store.

RE: Robyn Banks PK appeal - CharlesSKS - 02-09-2023

I have the mugger's clip, they were in no way metagaming as they were talking with each other ICly, and had an additional two shooters watching on the left roof to where the mugging was in progress. Bobby was under FearRP and broke it by taking out his firearm and dying. But now seeing this POV, I can say that this PK is not through the process of metagame.

Both men in Sombrero hats (The Crystals) were placed under FearRP, and as I stated Bobby reacted by pulling out his firearm. Liam went up the ladder first and died, with his firearm out, after looking at the clip several times it looks like Robyn only takes it out as he reaches the top, and Jack however only took it out after they already had him under FearRP as well, by aiming all 4 guns at him, but two noticeable closer. Now, they clearly had no idea a mugging was taking place and went up to investigate, and even admitted that they had no idea there was a mugging, and how they die so quickly, they wouldn't be able to react enough to notice that he was tied. To end this, the possibility of metagame is thrown out, so we'll see what's decided for Robyn.

RE: Robyn Banks PK appeal - v4mp_s0ulja - 02-09-2023

im a faction member, heres another clip they may not have been seen
https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/Umvlqi_boYa_I/bEnIVmKNksFe?invite=cr-MSw3T28sMTQ4MzE0OTAxL
#freetacos

RE: Robyn Banks PK appeal - Smurf - 02-13-2023

Why are people who aren't directly involved speaking on the thread? Refrain or risk a forum warning/ban

Robyn Banks PK appeal - Duggar - 02-14-2023

Your appeal has been reviewed and accepted.

Your character has been reinstated and can be used again.