Diverge Networks
Drug's Staff Application - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Accepted (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Thread: Drug's Staff Application (/showthread.php?tid=5326)

Drug's Staff Application - Drug - 02-10-2023

In-Game Name(s): Rolker "Malvolio" Denaro, Corporal Erik Monger, Councilor James Parker.

Steam Name: Dr. Funny

Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198340565518/

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:190149895

Discord Username: Drug#8410

Total playtime on our Servers (Do !time in-game): 1w 5d 8h 50m

Time Zone: PST

How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?: 5-7 days a week after 8:00EST 

Have you read the rules?: Thoroughly

Do you have a working microphone?: Yes

Do you acknowledge that you must attend all staff meetings (Unless you have stated why you cannot beforehand): I acknowledge this
Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands?: I have little to know familiarity with SAM and Nutscript

Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?: I understand.
-------------------------------------------------
Long Answer
Questions proceeded with an asterix require a response of 5 Sentences Minimum.

What is your motivation/reason for applying?:  Being on Diverge since around February 2021, I've been able to meet and get to know many great people. I've gotten to know my community and I've done my best to help others both in and out of Roleplay. Since I first joined, I have seen time and time again how the server and community has grown, I've experienced the highs and lows of the community from enticing and immersive roleplay scenarios to a raging uncontrollable fire of minges taking over the server. These experiences (and the friends I've made on here) have given me an incentive to contribute to more than just the roleplay environment. I want to help ensure that the community never stops growing so that it remains to be fun for everyone, and to prevent other players experiences from being ruined by people with intentions to hurt the server.

Why should you be considered over other candidates?: As someone who actively plays the server day to night, I've talked with many people. My experiences with this community has taught me to be a great people person. I take situations head on with a calm demeanor and an open mind. I've been around for many changes in the server which has enhanced my ability to adapt to new environments quickly. With the time zone that I am in (and my open schedule) I find myself present at times when other staff members aren't, I feel that I could help a lot of players who have suffered losses (as have I) at times when staff members could not investigate and reimburse them. 

Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where, what position and how long): I do not

Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?: I have not been banned, but I have one PO for RDM from around 10 months ago, but I have read the rules many times and haven't found myself in any out of character dilemmas since then.

Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?:  I would say I am moderately well known throughout the community in RP more than I am out of character. I found myself making many friends in the fields I roleplay in. As of now I don't see myself interacting with others outside of my organizations, but I hope to change that and establish a reputation for being helpful and professional.

Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names: I have not asked any staff for recommendation, if they wish to vouch for me they may comment on this thread.
-------------------------------------------------
Problem Solving
Detail step by step exactly the actions you would take.

Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?: If I was involved in the situation I would avoid taking this ticket (and refer it to other staff members) to prevent any bias when dealing with the situation. Assuming I was not involved in the situation, I would bring any roleplay scenarios I was in to a conclusion. Shortly after, I would switch to my staff character and teleport to the person who made the ticket, to determine whether I would be interrupting the players RP or not. After teleporting both players to an unreachable and OOC location, I would ask to hear both players stories, I would ask for evidence from the afflicted and the aggressor (if none was provided I would check logs) and deal with the situation accordingly depending on PO's and the evidence provided, following the staff guidelines.  

You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?: I would first speak to the staff member, asking him questions about what I have seen, and give them a friendly reminder that what they were doing was wrong. If their actions continue I would privately record and report it to a staff member of a higher ranking than them so that they can take the proper administrative protocols relative to the situation

A very good friend of yours joins the server. Over the course of an hour, you’ve received multiple complaints about them not following rules, RDM’ing, and minging. How do you proceed knowing this can affect your friendship with them?: Whenever I play the server with friends, I usually let them know about the rules and that I won't break them. So if my friend mass RDM's, I would refer this to another staff member, avoiding any biases. If it is of the utmost urgency for me to take this ticket, I would first confirm (or debunk) the complaints. If I was given the sufficient evidence needed in order to punish them, I would carry out the proper punishments, and if they were good friends they would understand, if not then unfortunately I would have to rethink who I'm being friends with if they hate me out of spite for banning them from the server.

RE: Drug's Staff Application - Plixily - 02-10-2023

+1 Pretty nice guy been in pd with him for a minute I think he could potentially be a good candidate for staff

RE: Drug's Staff Application - Rem - 02-11-2023

Banned last month for - Violating Character Rules | Transferring items between Characters

Could you comment on this?

RE: Drug's Staff Application - JetBoi5552 - 02-11-2023

+1 been in a faction with this guy before, overall outstanding person.

RE: Drug's Staff Application - Drug - 02-11-2023

(02-11-2023, 09:03 AM)Rem Wrote: Banned last month for - Violating Character Rules | Transferring items between Characters

Could you comment on this?

Hey Rem, I was at the time on vacation when I received this ban so I was unaware that I was punished. I have just spoken to a staff member to view my past offenses. This was the first punishment that I have received for around a year. I understand now why I received this punishment and I fully accept the consequences that come with it, but I hope it does not affect my staff application. Thank you for your time.

Drug's Staff Application - Canadian-bacon - 02-12-2023

Thank you for applying to the Diverge Networks staff team!
It is my pleasure to inform you that your application has been accepted.

Submit a ticket on our Discord for training and to get setup.