Diverge Networks
Server is not New Player Friendly - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: 1980s Mafia Roleplay (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Denied (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+---- Thread: Server is not New Player Friendly (/showthread.php?tid=5351)

Server is not New Player Friendly - DwarvenGamer - 02-14-2023

came onto the server recently, really wish I did not because within the 5 minutes I played on here, this is what I would suggest.
First and for most, you should not have your players have to spend time in the server to use their fists, that's a bit needy and petty if you ask me.
second, job system should not have to be on a timer basis for city worker, if they see something wrong they should fix it to gain income to get themselves a better amount of money to spend I been walking around and I see a lot of stuff I could fix but I can't because I'm not assigned to it.
third, idk what you were thinking with the whole 1:30 cooldown on OOC messages but that needs to be shutdown, I would understand if it was advertisements or something of that nature, but honestly I would think that your development team either hates new players or just is to ignorant to develop a full functioning server.
fourth, just saw a PK system that the server has, No one who comes into the server looking to just chill and have fun is gonna want that. Because it would just mean that everyone that gets killed is gonna want to play again.
All in all, GMod is suppose to be fun, not so strict that all you can do is sit at spawn and just afk there until you get a task from whatever job you work as. Not to mention it is just insane how you thought putting a cooldown on OOC typing is gonna make it any better, and I would not even dream of having the excuse as people would spam the chat if not because with the way you would have it, I could simply just disable OOC messages. 
So in my opinion, this server is not fun what so ever, anyone that comes to the server who is new is gonna experience nothing more than just sheer idiotic restrictions on what they can do. And idk if you care, most likely not seeing as to you I am no one you care about, would never recommend this server to anyone who has the idea of "fun" in their heads.

RE: Server is not New Player Friendly - pr3ttyls - 02-14-2023

Ooc timer is out there because of the spam, not everyone knows you can disable it but it’s only just been introduced about a month ago. It’s annoying but you gotta cope.
While you’re waiting for a job to be assigned to you as a New York worker or a taxi driver, you could be working at a restaurant or a bar which would get you way more cash. If you don’t want that, you can have a wonder around and find the fishing spot. It’s not all about the grind of getting the cash, you can rp while you’re waiting for another job to be assigned to you.
The server is ‘fun’ but as you stated, you are new to it (‘within the 5minutes I played on here’) and you just need to get to know people around you.
The waiting for fists thing, it’s out there so minges don’t just run around and hit anyone they see.
I recommend you play it a little more before you start criticising about how it ‘isn’t fun’

RE: Server is not New Player Friendly - IZO - 02-14-2023

I like how he played the server for like an hour than he feels like his opinion matters

RE: Server is not New Player Friendly - MxR - 02-14-2023

who tf is this guy, leave faggot

RE: Server is not New Player Friendly - Canadian-bacon - 02-14-2023

This seems whiny

1. Players that get on to just troll or not be serious and actually play will just punch minge, run around and smack people, so yes putting a playtime for the fists does matter.
2. There are other players also in the job faction that need to take repair jobs, that's why there's a timer for assigned jobs, you're thinking very selfishly.
3. It's an OOC message, it's really not that important and yes it's Spam prevention. If you have a question ask a staff member, as is told to you via notifications more than once
4. The server functions fully, ergo the amount of people playing and enjoying themselves
5. It's a Roleplay server, the PKs are a part of the Roleplay and overall gameplay loop since this is Mafia RP and people can be murdered. This is just a dumb comment, you can go your entire time never being PK'ed if you were exceptionally good.

All in all people do have fun and these 'problems' you identify aren't problems at all. It sounds like you didn't even bother to learn how to play and just wrote it off because we aren't DarkpRP server #57459 that hands you cash on a silver plate. You likely joined the server, got the workers job, got pissy you couldn't yoink every task, got pissy that you couldn't spam your question in OOC over and over and got pissy when someone smacked you with a shovel. Didn't attempt to find or get different work, didn't attempt to read the guides or ask players IC (relying on OOC instead) and didn't bother going to buy a spade or a hammer to defend yourself, instead whining about the punch restrictions.

You spent a total of an hour (which ironically means you unlocked fists now!) and felt special enough to go through the trouble to make a forum account and post this, I can't tell if it's misguided main character syndrome or terminal onlineness.