Diverge Networks
Character Creator Boost - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: 1980s Mafia Roleplay (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Denied (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+---- Thread: Character Creator Boost (/showthread.php?tid=5360)

Character Creator Boost - Fox - 02-16-2023

Hi guys.

I've got a suggestion that is fairly complex, I don't even know how realistic it is as it would involve amending the coding for the character creator. The reason for the suggestion would be to add more roleplay directly to the character from the go, even roleplay elements that make it more difficult to play your character.

Suggestion:

I think it would be amazing if the char creator could include a number of parameters that act as perks, traits and negative perks to create a better roleplay environment. Negative traits would make playing the character more interesting, and slightly more difficult I.e if your character is overweight, you could select the 'overweight' trait which would make your character run slower. Some positive perks like the ability to run faster (but balanced by taking more damage).

As well as this, I think it would be brill if right out of the gate you could make yourself an addict so that the addiction system is added straight away.

Lastly, I think it would be top if you could add previous criminal offenses to your record. A lot of peoples back stories include histories of violence, drugs and other - it would be interesting if you could add these to your record so that if you're arrested the police know about your backstory,

I've attached a mock up just to better show the suggestion that I've put forward.

[Image: ZHn7peR.png]

RE: Character Creator Boost - Lorenzo - 02-16-2023

this would be a cool feature but most likely wont become a thing

RE: Character Creator Boost - Pendred - 02-16-2023

Cool idea but 9/10 players but it wouldn't really be used because it's not the "meta". People will choose whatever benefits gameplay, not roleplay.

RE: Character Creator Boost - akimbocross - 02-16-2023

(02-16-2023, 05:45 PM)Pendred Wrote: Cool idea but 9/10 players but it wouldn't really be used because it's not the "meta". People will choose whatever benefits gameplay, not roleplay.
id have to disagree, i think this kind of thing would be really beneficial for roleplay. even though it'd be much better with gameplay changes, it could even be just visual changes aswell.

RE: Character Creator Boost - NovaLuna - 02-21-2023

Definitely a cool idea! Maybe make a necessity for addictions, like if you choose a certain amount of perks, you must get an addiction, or something along those lines. Perhaps you can punch and run really fast, but your character has an absolutely horrific cocaine addiction.
Maybe if you're addicted to meth, you get a boost of taking less damage, etc.

RE: Character Creator Boost - TheSovietHamster - 02-22-2023

+1 Im not against this idea, for RP reasons it could be a great tool, I'd definitely use it for a future character. The issue I see is that it would most likely be niche and not used as often as we'd hoped.

RE: Character Creator Boost - Bingus - 02-23-2023

(02-16-2023, 10:14 PM)akimbocross Wrote:
(02-16-2023, 05:45 PM)Pendred Wrote: Cool idea but 9/10 players but it wouldn't really be used because it's not the "meta". People will choose whatever benefits gameplay, not roleplay.
id have to disagree, i think this kind of thing would be really beneficial for roleplay. even though it'd be much better with gameplay changes, it could even be just visual changes aswell.

Pendred is right. Even though it looks good on paper and believe people will use it for its intended roleplay purpose, the fact of the matter is the large majority of people (specifically the no-life grinders), will just use it to benefit their own gameplay.

RE: Character Creator Boost - RiggedGame - 02-25-2023

This COULD work with a Project Zomboid-style perk balance system, but it'd be a lot of work for something that'd just get min/maxed and not really change the game a whole lot. The addictions are a pretty interesting concept, though. If characters could get addicted to drugs, that would add a whole new dimension to the drug trade. Not to mention the RP capabilities!

RE: Character Creator Boost - NovaLuna - 02-26-2023

Perhaps instead of choosing what you want, you can click a button that will give you ONE RANDOM PERK and ONE RANDOM ADDICTION/DISABILITY, this would give incentive to do it (random perk) but make it so that people cannot min/max it, because of the randomness of it. It would be like a gamble, maybe you get Athlete perk, and a cigarette addiction, something easy. Other times, cocaine addiction with a tiny bonus to strength, etc.

RE: Character Creator Boost - Canadian-bacon - 10-26-2023

need my zomboid meta build STAT