Diverge Networks
PK of Mikey Lorenzo - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: 1980s Mafia Roleplay (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Character Appeals (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Denied (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+---- Thread: PK of Mikey Lorenzo (/showthread.php?tid=5366)

PK of Mikey Lorenzo - NeoAltra - 02-18-2023

Name of Character: Mikey Lorenzo

SteamID:  76561199153492153

Your Discord ID#: NeoAltra#3331

Date of PK: 2/17/23

Reason for PK: I found out from my friend that I was PK'd because of some jokes I made in a discord call. 

Why should you be unPK'd?: I feel that this was unfair due to the fact that I had no intention of doing anything. I posed no threat to anyone and I said everything in an OOC manner. It was clear that they were jokes. If this appeal gets denied then that's that. 

If possible please provide video evidence or photo evidence if PK does not follow the guidelines: I have screenshots of the conversation my friend had with me about why I was PK'd, but I don't want to share them here. I can share them in private with whoever ends up handling this.

RE: PK of Mikey Lorenzo - Eliza - 02-18-2023

I am the one who approved the PK. This was a Don's Orders PK. I obviously wouldn't know if there were OOC reasons behind the PK order. If you would like you could send the screenshots to me and I can share them with a UA to help them decide wether or not, to accept your appeal. My discord is libby#4444.

RE: PK of Mikey Lorenzo - NeoAltra - 02-18-2023

I was told that it was Don's Orders last night by my friend. I'm not angry at staff for deciding to approve one, as you had no way of knowing that it was OOC stuff. I sent you a request in discord, so we can continue this there.

RE: PK of Mikey Lorenzo - Lemon - 02-18-2023

To clarify, the Don's Orders were placed on account of you repeatedly being mugged and requiring bailouts from your superiors, primarily. Additionally, on multiple occasions, you made comments in-character about killing people over minor slights or inconveniences. This behavior represents a significant financial and reputational liability. The order was not placed due to any comments made out of character.

RE: PK of Mikey Lorenzo - NeoAltra - 02-18-2023

(02-18-2023, 10:29 PM)Lemon Wrote: To clarify, the Don's Orders were placed on account of you repeatedly being mugged and requiring bailouts from your superiors, primarily. Additionally, on multiple occasions, you made comments in-character about killing people over minor slights or inconveniences. This behavior represents a significant financial and reputational liability. The order was not placed due to any comments made out of character.
1. I've been mugged twice on this server IIRC. I was mugged before I was a part of this and then once after I sold some oil. 
2. When did I need a bailout, I don't remember ever calling you guys and asking for help beyond having questions. 
3. I've said stuff once IC about killing people, and I don't remember the circumstances. 

If you can elaborate, I'd like to understand what I am missing from the big picture here.

RE: PK of Mikey Lorenzo - Lemon - 02-19-2023

(02-18-2023, 11:11 PM)NeoAltra Wrote:
(02-18-2023, 10:29 PM)Lemon Wrote: To clarify, the Don's Orders were placed on account of you repeatedly being mugged and requiring bailouts from your superiors, primarily. Additionally, on multiple occasions, you made comments in-character about killing people over minor slights or inconveniences. This behavior represents a significant financial and reputational liability. The order was not placed due to any comments made out of character.
1. I've been mugged twice on this server IIRC. I was mugged before I was a part of this and then once after I sold some oil. 
2. When did I need a bailout, I don't remember ever calling you guys and asking for help beyond having questions. 
3. I've said stuff once IC about killing people, and I don't remember the circumstances. 

If you can elaborate, I'd like to understand what I am missing from the big picture here.

1. It's not true that you've only been mugged twice, I believe I've heard a total of 4 instances in the span of a couple of weeks. Getting mugged happens, but the frequency with which it happened to you represented a direct financial risk.
2. Literally just the other day you said you were mugged and asked for money to cover the loss. Frankly, even if you didn't ask a single time, the consistent loss of productive capital in and of itself hurts business.
3. I'm sorry if you don't remember the circumstances, but multiple times in the same night you made comments in character about killing people.  You were warned multiple times that talking like that can land you in trouble, and the comments continued. Some of these comments were made out of character, but these were not the comments upon which the order was based.

RE: PK of Mikey Lorenzo - Smurf - 02-19-2023

I have not been provided any type of proof that this had any type of ooc malice.

Due to a lack of evidence or proof provided, I have no choice but to deny.

Your appeal has been reviewed and denied.

We have determined this PK to be reasonable and/or justified.

You may not re-appeal this PK.