Diverge Networks
TheSovietHamster Staff Application - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Accepted (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Thread: TheSovietHamster Staff Application (/showthread.php?tid=5372)

Pages: 1 2

TheSovietHamster Staff Application - TheSovietHamster - 02-19-2023

Staff Application Format
If you wish to apply for staff be sure to fill out the following format. Make sure applications are neat and legible. Short or low effort Applications will be denied.

Make the Application Legible. Format it correctly. (Legible colours, etc)

In-Game Name(s): Adam Tenpenny, Assistant District Attorney Leonid Eshkol Haviv, Senior Officer Zepheniah Eshkol Haviv
Steam Name: PortalHamster
Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/PortalHammie/
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:442581563
Discord Username: Hammie#8115
Total playtime on our Servers (Do !time in-game): 3W 6D 4H
Time Zone: EST
How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?: 4-6 Hours Depending On School (Weekdays) 4-7 Hours on the weekends, (Depending On Work)
Have you read the rules?: Yes I have
Do you have a working microphone?: Yes
Do you acknowledge that you must attend all staff meetings (Unless you have stated why you cannot beforehand): Yes I Acknowledge
Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands?: Sadly no, I have moderated Discord servers in the past, so if commands are any similar to those, I have at least a small bit of familiarity, but I am open and able to learn things quickly.
Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?: Yes I acknowledge that lying will result in my application being thrown out
-------------------------------------------------
Long Answer
Questions proceeded with an asterix require a response of 5 Sentences Minimum.

What is your motivation/reason for applying?:  * I play Diverge a lot, its really the main server I go on when I play Gmod, I have tried to have an active role in the community from being a PD officer, to being an ADA, I want to continue having an active role in this community on a bigger scale because I care about it. I want to be a moderator to help the already great staff team in any way I can, and hopefully (eventually) be able to help with events to give this community more fun than there already is. I want to benefit Diverge MafiaRP. Diverge has had a special place in my heart over the past 2 years, and helped me through a lot.

Why should you be considered over other candidates?:  * I have had a lot of Gmod Experience, and I have played since 2019 on and off. while I may not have Gmod Moderation Experience, I do have discord moderation experience, a lot actually, which could benefit me as a Gmod Moderator. I am an active member in the community who wants to benefit it in any way I can. I can be an impartial and fair moderator, I also actively work to improve skills I have to benefit whatever I am working on.
Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where, what position and how long): Yes but only on discord RP servers, and many if not all of them no longer exist, one was a Soviet 1985 Military RP Server.

Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?: I have no bans on record but I feel I should go above and beyond, I do in fact have 2 warnings, one for VDM (I personally don't remember the context) and one for Flag Abuse, the second one was a month ago, I had recently become donator and got carried away with being able to place props, I floated over to a sit and the admin warned me. It was my fault, I got carried away but have not done it since.

Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?:  * I'd say I'm well known, as an ADA I gained the nickname "The PD's ADA" after the situation with Ayden took place, I gained decent respect in the police department as an ADA that was happy to work with the PD. on my defense lawyer character I have a reputation across the PD and multiple factions as a good lawyer, and as a Police Officer I have the reputation as a fun person who does his job correctly. I have gained many friends on Diverge because I don't try to act like a dick (most of the time).
Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names: Quartz, and Eliza
-------------------------------------------------
Problem-Solving
Detail step by step exactly the actions you would take.

Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?: I make a staff ticket at first, as I am not active staff at the moment, if that doesn't work and I was not actively involved (I.E The Victim), I will handle it as staff.

You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?: I will gather evidence of these occurrences (as I use medal and save the last 2 minutes fairly often) and I will report it to UA

A very good friend of yours joins the server. Over the course of an hour, you’ve received multiple complaints about them not following rules, RDM’ing, and minging. How do you proceed knowing this can affect your friendship with them?: I would respond to the tickets and gather proof of these occurrences, (I.E Logs, Videos, Text Chats, Etc) and once I have gathered the evidence from the victims of his mingery, I will add him to the sit and explain to him how he broke the rules and why I am banning him. Rules must be followed. and if it ruins our friendship over a Gmod Server, our friendship wasn't strong enough, to begin with.
---------------------------------------------------------

Please understand that once a staff application is posted you are open to receiving either negative or positive critique from the community as well as staff. Your consistent activity on the server will also be monitored and applications can remain open for weeks before any sort of decision is made on them.

RE: TheSovietHamster Staff Application - Quartz - 02-19-2023

Huge +1, Hammie is a very good guy and is very understanding. He rps very well and even with his notes he still follows the server rules well and has no problem learning when he doesn’t know

RE: TheSovietHamster Staff Application - Yuki - 02-19-2023

+1 great guy he is really dedicated he has started alot of tuff and would be a great mod

RE: TheSovietHamster Staff Application - Bees - 02-19-2023

+1 good rper

RE: TheSovietHamster Staff Application - John Corleone - 02-20-2023

+1 he's a good ADA and is nice when talking to people and that would probably translate to good staffing

RE: TheSovietHamster Staff Application - Rayve - 02-20-2023

Huge Huge +1 Love this guy and is srs about RP so he's pretty well versed on the rules would love to see him as an addition to the staff team

RE: TheSovietHamster Staff Application - KOSS Evolution - 02-20-2023

+1 

I absolutely believe that he would be great for the staff. His roleplay is impeccable, very knowledgable on how the server works and functions and overall a great dude to talk to.

RE: TheSovietHamster Staff Application - Eliza - 02-22-2023

+ 1 would do really well as staff

RE: TheSovietHamster Staff Application - Drug - 02-22-2023

+1

Collected individual, great fit for the team.

RE: TheSovietHamster Staff Application - Marzii - 02-23-2023

+1 I absolutely love Hammie, He knows how to RP correctly and he doesn't break OOC. He would be a great addition to the Staff Team.