Diverge Networks
Mushy Peas' Staff Application - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Denied (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Thread: Mushy Peas' Staff Application (/showthread.php?tid=5383)

Mushy Peas' Staff Application - Untrustworthy_Welshman - 02-20-2023

In-Game Name(s): Johnny Carmelo, Dimitri Solonik, Derek Smalls

Steam Name: Mushy Peas

Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/mushypeas321/

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:166739636

Discord Username: Mushy Peas#4860

Total playtime on our Servers (Do !time in-game): 1mo 2w 3d 12h 38m

Time Zone: GMT

How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?: On Weekdays 2-3 hours, Weekends 3-6 hours.

Have you read the rules?: Yes

Do you have a working microphone?: Yes

Do you acknowledge that you must attend all staff meetings (Unless you have stated why you cannot beforehand): Yes

Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands?: No but I can learn through tutorials and other staff members.

Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?: Yes
-------------------------------------------------
Long Answer
Questions proceeded with an asterix require a response of 5 Sentences Minimum.

What is your motivation/reason for applying?:  I am applying to enhance the server in roleplay and preserving the immersion of RP. I am also applying due to my long-time duration on the server. I'd also like to add with my seniority comes with downtime, every now and then and during this time I want to do something useful/significant for the server. During some periods of time, staff are rarely on and I just want to help the activity of staff members by becoming one. I also enjoy helping out new players and old ones with a problem they might have which, I have done on a previous server where I was staff.

Why should you be considered over other candidates?:  I am a very sociable person with an understanding of people so that I can detect lies from the truth very easily. I also can see situations from two sides and always do with opposing sides. My time zone also allows me to be more flexible with getting on early in the mornings on my staff char. I am also a very hard working, when you give me a task or a quota I will do that and beyond. I also intend to be more active than most due to my aspirations of being a long time staff member on diverge.

Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where, what position and how long): Yes I was staff on a community called Advanced Networks TTT, for about 2 months before the server shutdown.

Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?: No I have not been banned.

Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?:  I'm reasonably well known in certain circles, within the Italian Factions I'm pretty well known. Veteran Players of the server know me and a few of the new ones but as it stands my reputation is a calm level headed guy. With the conviction and the decisiveness to do what needs to be done. Although, I do not branch outside of the Italian factions far enough so to many others, especially new players my existence is null and void in that respect. Furthermore, I am sometimes listed as stubborn or loudmouthed. Which is rarely the case and usually in IC, but it does happen from time to time and I guarantee if my application gets accepted I will do my utmost to leave those traits aside.

Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names: MxR (Flamingo), Infamy, Scar
-------------------------------------------------
Problem Solving
Detail step by step exactly the actions you would take.

Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?: I would submit a ticket because you cannot take your own tickets.

You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?: I would document exactly what the person is doing and then make a staff report on the forums.

A very good friend of yours joins the server. Over the course of an hour, you’ve received multiple complaints about them not following rules, RDM’ing, and minging. How do you proceed knowing this can affect your friendship with them?: I would treat them no different to any other person, my friendship would never hang on to a thread due to a server after the punishment I would explain that is what happens when you do these things. Before hand I would've proceeded with a ban due to the constant rule breaking, RDM etc.
---------------------------------------------------------

RE: Mushy Peas' Staff Application - russian99 - 02-20-2023

+ very good roleplayer and serious, would make a very good staff member

RE: Mushy Peas' Staff Application - zdm2014 - 02-20-2023

+1 great person to rp with and is always serious.

RE: Mushy Peas' Staff Application - MxR - 02-20-2023

+1 veteran player that wants to help, very serious roleplayer.

RE: Mushy Peas' Staff Application - Shock - 02-20-2023

+1 he takes the roleplay seriously and he's very good at taking control of situations.

Mushy Peas' Staff Application - Rem - 02-27-2023

Thank you for applying to the Diverge Networks staff team.
Unfortunately, your application has been denied.

You may apply again in 30 days. You may apply sooner if you receive permission from a Head Administrator or higher.