Diverge Networks
Staff Application - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Denied (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Thread: Staff Application (/showthread.php?tid=5386)

Staff Application - mistamane111 - 02-21-2023

In-Game Name(s): Marcus “M-80” Johnson, Makaveli Barksdale

Steam Name: Makaveli
Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/KevinTheCreep/
Steam ID:STEAM_0:0:48077698
Discord Username: makaveli#3041
Total playtime on our Servers (Do !time in-game): [Image: 123.png]
Time Zone: CST
How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?:
Wednesday 7-11 PM CST
Thursday 7-11 PM CST
Friday 5 PM - 4 AM CST
Saturday 5 PM - 4 AM CST
Sunday  7-11 PM CST

Have you read the rules?: Yes, three times thus far.
Do you have a working microphone?: Yes
Do you acknowledge that you must attend all staff meetings (Unless you have stated why you cannot beforehand): Yes
Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands?: Nutscript yes
Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?: Yes
-------------------------------------------------
Long Answer
Questions proceeded with an asterix require a response of 5 Sentences Minimum.

What is your motivation/reason for applying?:  With a desire to contribute to the community, I offer my services as a professional moderator. My aim is to provide high-quality moderation to ensure a safe and welcoming environment for all members. I am equipped to handle intense situations with clarity, vision, and a mature attitude. My experience has taught me how to identify and resolve conflicts effectively. With a calm and rational approach, I am able to diffuse tense situations and restore order. I am committed to providing the best possible service to the community and maintaining a positive atmosphere. By offering my skills and experience, I hope to make a meaningful contribution to the community.

Why should you be considered over other candidates?:  *

I don't view this as a competition, but rather as an opportunity to share my experience in professional corporate email communication. Over time, I've honed my skills in moderating and managing interactions with customers. Thanks to these skills, I've been able to navigate tough and sensitive situations with success. When mediating between players who may disagree or be in conflict, I'm comfortable managing social pressure. I believe that these skills make me an asset in any situation that requires effective communication and conflict resolution. In summary, my experience in corporate email communication has given me strong skills in moderating and managing interactions with customers, which have enabled me to navigate difficult and sensitive situations while managing social pressure between players who may be in disagreement or conflict.

Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where, what position and how long):

In 2022, I owned and operated a nutscript server known as "StackOrStarveRP" which was a seriousrp/cityrp expereince. Unfortunately, due to unforeseen circumstances, I had to shut down the server after only two months of operation. I had invested a significant amount of time, effort, and resources into the project and had plans to expand and improve it in the future. However, circumstances beyond my control, such as technical issues & financial constraints made it impossible for me to continue running the server at that time. Although it was disappointing to have to shut down the server, I learned a lot from the experience and have used that knowledge to improve my skills and approach in other projects. Although the closure of my server, I remain committed to creating innovative and engaging gaming experiences for players and look forward to pursuing this passion in the future.
In the year 2013, I served as a moderator for FishRP
The following year, in 2014, I was a moderator for HooplaRP
During my time as a moderator for these communities, I gained valuable experience in managing and facilitating online communities. I learned how to resolve conflicts, create a welcoming and inclusive atmosphere for players, and maintain a high level of professionalism and communication with the community. Furthermore, being a moderator gave me the opportunity to connect with players from different backgrounds and learn from their experiences. Overall, my experience as a moderator has been instrumental in helping me develop the skills and knowledge necessary to create positive experiences.

Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?:

About two years ago, I acted ignorantly and harassed Rem because they denied my PK request. However, I have taken responsibility for my actions and have apologized to Rem both privately and publicly. I am glad to say that the situation has been resolved. When it comes to my reputation in the community, I make an effort to be friendly with everyone I meet, both in and outside of the game. I believe in treating others with respect, as I would want to be treated myself.
In fact, everyone I know in the game has nothing but good things to say about me. I have built many strong relationships over the years, and I am always willing to lend a helping hand to anyone in need. Many members of the community have reached out to me for advice or assistance, and I always do my best to provide them with whatever support they need.
I take great pride in being a positive force in the community, and I strive to make a meaningful impact in the lives of those around me. Whether through small acts of kindness or larger projects that benefit the community as a whole, I am always looking for ways to give back and make a difference.

Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names:
-------------------------------------------------
Problem Solving
Detail step by step exactly the actions you would take.

Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?:

When other staff members are available, I prefer to let them handle the situation to avoid interfering with their schedule. I believe in respecting my colleagues' priorities and responsibilities. However, if there are no other staff members available to assist and I am not currently engaged in a demanding RP scenario, I will take the initiative to address the matter myself. This approach ensures that issues are resolved as soon as possible without causing any unnecessary delay. It is essential to have a clear understanding of one's role and responsibilities to maintain a harmonious work environment. As a responsible team member, I always prioritize the smooth functioning of our team and take action when necessary to ensure our collective success. Overall, my actions are driven by a desire to promote teamwork and collaboration while still recognizing individual boundaries and responsibilities.

You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?:

If I witness a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than me engaging in abusive behavior, even if it is not overt or noticeable, it is important to take action to address the situation. The first step would be to document the behavior as thoroughly as possible, including the date, time, location, and specifics of what was said or done.
Next, I would bring my concerns to the attention of a higher up who is in a position to take action. It may be necessary to provide the documentation I have gathered as evidence of the behavior. I would make it clear that I believe the behavior is unacceptable and potentially harmful to others in the workplace.
If the higher up is not responsive, or if the behavior continues despite their intervention, it may be necessary to escalate the situation to a higher authority within the server 
Throughout the process, it is important to maintain professionalism and to avoid any behavior that could be perceived as retaliatory or confrontational. The goal is to ensure a safe and respectful community for all members (both staff and players), and this is best achieved by following established policies and procedures for reporting and addressing concerns about abusive behavior.

A very good friend of yours joins the server. Over the course of an hour, you’ve received multiple complaints about them not following rules, RDM’ing, and minging. How do you proceed knowing this can affect your friendship with them?:

When it comes to business and friendship, it's important to keep them separate. Therefore, I would need to inform my friends that their behavior is in violation of community guidelines. Even if I were the one in charge of managing the staff, I would treat everyone equally, without showing any favoritism. The rules apply to all players, regardless of their personal connections with the staff. It's crucial that every member of the community follows and respects these rules in order to maintain a fair and fun gaming environment for everyone. By addressing any rule-breaking behavior, we can help ensure that the community remains enjoyable for all who participate in it.

Staff Application - Rem - 03-01-2023

Thank you for applying to the Diverge Networks staff team.
Unfortunately, your application has been denied.

You may apply again in 30 days. You may apply sooner if you receive permission from a Head Administrator or higher.