Diverge Networks
HookGD Staff App - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Accepted (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Thread: HookGD Staff App (/showthread.php?tid=5407)

HookGD Staff App - HookGD - 02-26-2023

In-Game Name(s): Ho Lee Fock, Frank Scott
Steam Name: Paul Blart 
Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561199220452018/
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:630093145
Discord Username: HookGD#3707
Total playtime on our Servers (Do !time in-game): 2w 6d 46m
Server you spend the most time on (SouthSide/UnionCity): SouthSide
Time Zone: EST
How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?: 3-7 Hours daily 
Have you read the rules?: Yes
Do you have a working microphone?: Yes
Do you acknowledge that you must attend all staff meetings (Unless you have stated why you cannot beforehand): Yes
Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands?: Nope 
Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?: Yes

Long Answer
Questions proceeded with an asterix require a response of 5 Sentences Minimum.

What is your motivation/reason for applying? My reason I'm applying to become an admin is that I love playing on this server and I think that if I can become an admin I could have an actual impact on this server. There are quite a lot of times when I'm not doing much or don't have anything to do so instead of doing nothing I can become an admin and make it more fun for others. I also have noticed that there are not many staff members on during the night which is when I am mostly active so I can play a big part in taking tickets and helping people during the night. Another big part of me wanting to be an admin is because I have a lot of time to put toward the game and make a difference. I would also like to host events for all of the people to make it fun for people and make memories with everyone.
 Why should you be considered over other candidates?: I feel that I can bring a lot to the table from just taking tickets or by dealing with people that aren’t RP correctly. I feel that I am a better candidate even though I have no previous experience but I am a fast learner and feel that I can make a difference to the server and to the community. I feel that the newer players on the server should have a good welcoming and I am willing to do so to every person that joins the server. I will be willing to work no matter the occasion, I will do my best no matter how hard the situation might be but I will try my hardest to make the situation right. I will do as told and learn as I go forward in my journey and I won't break any rules or do anything unnecessary to the best of my abilities.
Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where, what position and how long): I have no experience of being a staff or moderator on any server on Garry's mod or any type of game that consists of staff or moderators.
Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?: Yes, I don't remember what it was for due to it being a good bit ago.
Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?: I feel like I am known in the overall community from various factions and from PD. I have met a lot of nice wonderful people introducing me to a lot of people in the community. That has helped me from trying to find a job to even lending me loans. I feel like I have made good first impressions to everyone on the server. I believe that my reputation is good considering the fact that when people come up to me in game they have a calm, chill attitude towards me and are engaging to start a conversation with me about anything. 
Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names: Marzii, Plixily, Rayve, Quartz
Problem Solving
Detail step by step exactly the actions you would take.

Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?:I would make sure that I clip the incident and I will make a ticket showing whichever staff member takes the ticket the proof of me being RDM and I would let them deal with the situation knowing that I am off duty.
You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?: I would start collecting evidence and make sure to report it to staff that’s in a higher rank and as I’m collecting evidence and keeping a close eye on him I would remind him that whatever he/she is doing ain’t right and he/she should know better. Staff has a higher responsibility and knows the rules we’re trying to implement in the community. But if he continues to do so I would inform the UA to keep a close eye on him.
A very good friend of yours joins the server. Over the course of an hour, you’ve received multiple complaints about them not following rules, RDM’ing, and minging. How do you proceed knowing this can affect your friendship with them?: I would tell him in game that I am going to treat him like everyone else and to leave the server or he would be getting banned and then let him choose his fate.

RE: HookGD Staff App - Plixily - 02-26-2023

+1 Great clean player perfect for staff

RE: HookGD Staff App - x_rocker_x1 - 02-26-2023

good guy knows what hes doing +1

RE: HookGD Staff App - Marzii - 02-26-2023

+1 good guy, has experience on the server and would great addition to Staff

RE: HookGD Staff App - Guitar Guy - 02-26-2023

+1 Was a great player while in my faction and im sure would make a great staff member for the server.

RE: HookGD Staff App - Quartz - 02-26-2023

+1 Great guy who understands the rules and is for the people and the RP of the server

HookGD Staff App - Canadian-bacon - 02-27-2023

Thank you for applying to the Diverge Networks staff team!
It is my pleasure to inform you that your application has been accepted.

Submit a ticket on our Discord for training and to get setup.