Diverge Networks
Sal's ban appeal - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Ban Appeals (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Forum: Denied (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+---- Thread: Sal's ban appeal (/showthread.php?tid=5412)

Sal's ban appeal - Sal Maroni - 02-26-2023

Your Name: Sal "The Pitcher" DiMeo

Your SteamID (Click to retrieve):76561198271949480

Your Discord ID#:Knapp#6370

Reason for ban: Metagaming

Length of ban: 6 hours

Reason for appeal (dispute/apology): I'm appealing because I feel like there was no sufficient grounds to ban us off of. There was a clip of a transaction and thats it. Belle had zero proof of talking in an ooc place about our transaction in game. My ban was based off of assumption not suffieceint proof. The logs show no proof of metagame becaues both partys got a cut of the profit based on that amount of work that they did.

Why should you be unbanned?: I feel I was banned based off of assumption not actual proof. It was the first time I haven't been in any trouble on this server and I wasn't aware how we were going about business was against server rules because it states it no where. there is no real proof of metagame besides an alt character being created.

Additional Information (images, videos, etc):

RE: Sal's ban appeal - Irebelle - 02-27-2023

Hello!

Apologies for taking so long to respond but I had a prior engagement that required my attention. That being said, I am going to recount the events that occurred from my perspective.

A ticket was created by someone who had witnessed a possible money transfer. I viewed the clip in question and decided to dig through logs. After some digging I discovered the two individuals in question who I will refer to as Sal and Giovanni. I dug through their logs to see exactly what was going on and saw through logs that Giovanni was processing his own C bricks he was obtaining through shipments, and then supplied the C baggies to Sal's alt civilian character to sell. From here the logs and the clip detailed the rest. Sal sold the baggies and gave the money to Giovanni and attempted to change back to his previous character, then switched back to his alt character to receive "compensation" for selling the drugs. Sal then switched back to his previous character once the transaction was completed. After reviewing all this I flew to Sal and Giovanni to ensure there was no active RP happening with them and pulled them into a sit.

When I pulled them into a sit, I gave them a chance to explain what I had seen in the clip that was provided. They explained that Giovanni had Sal sell the C for him for a small fee. At first I thought it was a muleing but remembered Giovanni processed his own C and there was no verbal or written dialogue between the two in the clip. I also remembered to check and see if they both were in the same faction so I looked at their char list and saw they do indeed share characters in the Cassano faction. I then searched the logs for any written dialogue between the two agreeing to this "transaction" but didn't find anything so I asked them if they used their voices in game or wrote it IC, they said they verbally IC said it at Imperial, (which I found odd because they wrote out everything they were saying to me in the sit and not once to the best of my knowledge used their mic during the entire sit duration,) and I asked if they had a clip to prove this claim. They couldn't provide one therefore I had no evidence before me that such an agreement took place in character. Undecided on whether or not it was Item/money transfer I decided to consult another staff member.

I consulted Hue, and through DM's I explained the situation and asked for his input. With all the evidence I provided he said he didn't think it was Item/Money transfer but agreed with me that there was definitely metagaming at play. With the verdict from Hue in I went to Sal and Giovanni and explained what they were being punished for. There was a long back and forth of them fighting me on whether or not it was metagaming or not, which ultimately left me banning both of them for metagaming.

Metagaming ban reason: Using an alt character for financial advantage.
For the UA: There are logs of everything said between the three of us as all dialogue was said through typing.

The video that started the investigation: https://medal.tv/clips/XbFS0cqIq6ii9/vpx4D1xDv?invite=cr-MSxNRkYsMTA1NjQ0NDAwLA

RE: Sal's ban appeal - Sal Maroni - 02-27-2023

Is this not a description of powergaming? lmao you banned me for "metagaming" and it took you 30 minutes to come to a conclusion about your decision because your lack of evidence and shitty staff work. It took you so long because you dont even know fully why you banned us. whatever bans up so have fun with your powertrip.

Sal's ban appeal - Smurf - 02-27-2023

Your ban appeal has been reviewed and denied.

We have determined this ban to be reasonable and/or justified.

You saying she listed it as the wrong punishment does not make it any less wrong. You broke the rules, deal with the punishment. Instead of resorting to angrily clogging this thread, read over our rules.

Ensure you have read our Server Rules