Diverge Networks
PK Appeal - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: 1980s Mafia Roleplay (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Character Appeals (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Denied (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+---- Thread: PK Appeal (/showthread.php?tid=5423)

PK Appeal - Seansx - 03-01-2023

Name of Character: Johnny Sabbatini

SteamID: 76561198833978620

Your Discord ID#: Seansx#2989

Date of PK: 2/27/23

Reason for PK: Bystander to Raid

Why should you be unPK'd?: To give some backstory to the reason for the PK ban - I was in a car with two other guys who I didn't know and had never interacted with, I was in the car because it was mine and they took it and I was trying to get it back. They brought me into a house and the two guys started lockpicking as shown in the clip, I didn't interact once and do anything just watched them do it. As they were doing it a dude came out and shot them and then me. If you look at the clip you can even see both of the dudes in the raid are "Unknown" to me as I've never met them or done anything with them. I believe I should be unPK'd as I was a bystander who had zero involvement as well as zero control in the raid and did not participate in it or assist in it. I understand that there are rules that must be followed in the game, and I take responsibility for any actions that may have led to my character's ban. However, in this instance, I feel that the ban was unjustified and I hope that you will reconsider your decision. if there's anymore information you'd like I can happily provide it to you at my discord, through the forum, or any other means you'd like to use.

If possible please provide video evidence or photo evidence if PK does not follow the guidelines: https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/XmG1xFLmqsdjJ/d13376vCEN2a?invite=cr-MSxXZVQsMTg4NDE1MjQs

RE: PK Appeal - Mezzxo - 03-01-2023

Hello I was the banning admin! 

So in this instance, You willingly go into this vehicle with these people and entered into a house that did not belong to you and even though you did not have the lockpicks in your possession you still were in the house, you were still nearby. I see this as being valid, if any other admins want to step in and give an additional opinion please feel free. Being a bystander would be like walking by the house as the raid happened.

RE: PK Appeal - Seansx - 03-01-2023

(03-01-2023, 02:03 AM)Mezzxo Wrote: Hello I was the banning admin! 

So in this instance, You willingly go into this vehicle with these people and entered into a house that did not belong to you and even though you did not have the lockpicks in your possession you still were in the house, you were still nearby. I see this as being valid, if any other admins want to step in and give an additional opinion please feel free. Being a bystander would be like walking by the house as the raid happened.

Thank you for the quick response, my reasoning for going into the house was more so just out of curiosity as I had never seen a house raid before and wasn't planning to do anything as I didn't even have a melee weapon equipped. However I can see your reasoning on this. Hopefully another admin can give some more insight into this. Again, if there's anything I can show or explain more in detail I'd be more then happy too.

RE: PK Appeal - Mezzxo - 03-01-2023

Of course! I understand your reasoning and it can be really confusing at times.. This is where reading the rules comes into play. When it comes to a PK, it happens.. its just the need to start a new life and new character. Please make sure you have read over the rules to better understand the rules and consequences! Happy Gmoding <3

RE: PK Appeal - Seansx - 03-01-2023

(03-01-2023, 02:12 AM)Mezzxo Wrote: Of course! I understand your reasoning and it can be really confusing at times.. This is where reading the rules comes into play. When it comes to a PK, it happens.. its just the need to start a new life and new character. Please make sure you have read over the rules to better understand the rules and consequences! Happy Gmoding <3

Will go over the rules for sure, still hoping on another admin's opinion.  Big Grin

RE: PK Appeal - borgerburger - 03-03-2023

I was the one who killed you. For further reference, you were observed driving into the house with the other two in the car. You both parked in the garage, as can be seen from where your car is in the clip. When I entered the house and shot the first two, you're visible on the right side of the clip running through the other parts of the home. If you were just a bystander and weren't inside a home you had no business being in while associating with the raiders, you wouldn't have been killed. Since you tried to escape in the car, you also clearly knew you did something wrong.

RE: PK Appeal - Seansx - 03-03-2023

(03-03-2023, 08:43 PM)borgerburger Wrote: I was the one who killed you. For further reference, you were observed driving into the house with the other two in the car. You both parked in the garage, as can be seen from where your car is in the clip. When I entered the house and shot the first two, you're visible on the right side of the clip running through the other parts of the home. If you were just a bystander and weren't inside a home you had no business being in while associating with the raiders, you wouldn't have been killed. Since you tried to escape in the car, you also clearly knew you did something wrong.

I was litteraly watching them lockpick just curious about it because I've never seen a raid happen on this server before, infact I didn't even know raiding is a thing on this server and for me running away I heard gunshots so I ran away. I had no idea what I was in was a PK situation. Either way though I still believe I was a bystander as I didnt interact with them in anyway and contribute anything to the raid, just watched it happen.

RE: PK Appeal - Smurf - 03-03-2023

I understand what you are saying: however, you took part in the raid whether it was intentional or not. Your intentions are beyond us as it seems like you took part and you did involve yourself.

Your appeal has been reviewed and denied.

We have determined this PK to be reasonable and/or justified.

You may not re-appeal this PK.