Diverge Networks
ayden's staff app - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Accepted (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Thread: ayden's staff app (/showthread.php?tid=5425)

ayden's staff app - Ayden - 03-01-2023

In-Game Name(s): Ayden Kuna, Cura Minazuki, Kameron Chancellor
Steam Name: toast!
Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/aydennnn/
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:73536917
Discord Username: toast!#0008
Total playtime on our Servers (Do !time in-game): 4 days 23 hours 47 minutes
Server you spend the most time on (SouthSide/UnionCity): Southside
Time Zone: EST
How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?: at best 3-4 hours a day (I work from 0700-1630 most days)
Have you read the rules?: Yes
Do you have a working microphone?: Yes
Do you acknowledge that you must attend all staff meetings (Unless you have stated why you cannot beforehand): Yes
Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands?: Yes
Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?: Yes
-------------------------------------------------
Long Answer
Questions proceeded with an asterix require a response of 5 Sentences Minimum.

What is your motivation/reason for applying?:  

Simple answer is that I have enjoyed playing on the server, taking part in the various areas of RP that it has to offer. Having now attained a relatively decent standing in the area I enjoy most, I now dedicate that position to obviously doing its job, but also helping to introduce newer players who want to get into those areas in achieving that. I would like now to turn my focus to the server generally. Attempting to reign in this very complex community where unique situations are always arising with regards to the way the rules are applied, being able to have a place in those conversations as well as being able to directly apply the rules as they are written and provide a fair and safe environment for roleplay to take place in is a major desire of mine.

Why should you be considered over other candidates?:

To be short about it, I don’t believe there are many candidates with as much staff experience as me. I have been staffing nutscript servers, for years at this point and I feel I would be a good addition to the team. Additionally, I feel like I am personable, fair, and have the important ability to be impartial.

Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where, what position and how long): 

I was a Moderator a couple times, Admin a couple times, and then Senior Gamemaster (SGM is technically not staff, but I had staff privileges in game) on Typhon Networks from 2019-2020/2021. I was staff on Burst (until it failed), that one China RP server that Merlin made a while ago (until it closed) and probably a few more that I just can’t remember.

Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?: No.

Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?:

It's a mixed bag. I would say I am not loved, but not entirely hated. I think there are many times where I have made mistakes, either in conduct or in conversation, that could lead to a negative image of me. Overall I hope that the community recognizes the effort I put in to RP and the general way I operate things.

Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names: Didn’t ask any.
-------------------------------------------------
Problem Solving
Detail step by step exactly the actions you would take.

Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?: 

Go on duty, pull the logs, bring the guy, talk to him, if its a first offense throw him a warning (depends on the situation but most first time offenders typically are just clueless), if its a repeat offender or an egregious first offense then throw him a ban for anywhere from 3 days to 1 week. Realistically staff duty goes above all else, I would hope no staff member would just be like “Not my problem”. 

You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?: 

Try and speak to them personally about it, just get a gauge on where their mind is at. Establish with them that its not supposed to be happening, then if the issue persists you can of course go to the next higher level of command in the staff team and have them deal with it.

A very good friend of yours joins the server. Over the course of an hour, you’ve received multiple complaints about them not following rules, RDMing, and minging. How do you proceed knowing this can affect your friendship with them?: 

To be honest just throw them in a sit and tell them to quit being a monkey, if it persists then its natural you have to do something about it. Big point there is that you act unbiasedly with their punishment. If you would ban someone for a week for something, and your friend commits the same offense… they getting banned for a week idk what to tell them.

ayden's staff app - Rem - 03-01-2023

Thank you for applying to the Diverge Networks staff team!
It is my pleasure to inform you that your application has been accepted.

Submit a ticket on our Discord for training and to get setup.