Diverge Networks
Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations law - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: 1980s Mafia Roleplay (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations law (/showthread.php?tid=5428)

Pages: 1 2

Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations law - Upir - 03-01-2023

Why Rico doesn't exist in this server, I mean date of the server is 1987 so the law is supposed to exist.

RE: Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations law - IZO - 03-01-2023

Was abused when it was a thing

RE: Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations law - Eospin - 03-01-2023

When it was a thing it enabled people to combine the relatively low court standards (compared to real life) that we have to facilitate RP with RICO to just instantly kill off entire factions.

RE: Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations law - Upir - 03-01-2023

(03-01-2023, 08:27 PM)Uno! Wrote: When it was a thing it enabled people to combine the relatively low court standards (compared to real life) that we have to facilitate RP with RICO to just instantly kill off entire factions.
Yeah if Rico was in server,it must remove that if the don get pked in jail nothing should happen to the faction, another don will take over the family or  something like that

RE: Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations law - Cordelier - 03-01-2023

RICO was previously a part of the server; to my knowledge, it was removed due to its improper enforcement by a court system heavily biased towards LEOs. I don't really believe this would be the case should it be re-implemented, but it isn't exactly essential. Detective work can be conducted without it.

RE: Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations law - Upir - 03-01-2023

(03-01-2023, 10:05 PM)Cordelier Wrote: RICO was previously a part of the server; to my knowledge, it was removed due to its improper enforcement by a court system heavily biased towards LEOs. I don't really believe this would be the case should it be re-implemented, but it isn't exactly essential. Detective work can be conducted without it.
I never witness in my 1 year in this server a hc get arrested,it will be nice to see it again in the server just nerf a lil bit for example dont kill of entire faction cuz the don get pked in jail, it will only  destroy server activity like that.

RE: Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations law - CharlesSKS - 03-02-2023

You have witnessed it. The entire Colombo HC had warrants out for their arrest. A few months ago, the Cassanos had it. Recently the Westies. You don’t need RICO to justify easy detective work, especially when a form of city/state racketeering charges already exists. The whole issue with RICO in the first place was if one person was caught, it would completely remove the entire faction due to the services at the time that made it easy for those to make money illegally.

RE: Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations law - Upir - 03-02-2023

(03-02-2023, 08:13 AM)CharlesSKS Wrote: You have witnessed it. The entire Colombo HC had warrants out for their arrest. A few months ago, the Cassanos had it. Recently the Westies. You don’t need RICO to justify easy detective work, especially when a form of city/state racketeering charges already exists. The whole issue with RICO in the first place was if one person was caught, it would completely remove the entire faction due to the services at the time that made it easy for those to make money illegally.
yeah i agree in this one,its kinda stupid to remove entire faction just cuz the don pked in jail

RE: Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations law - Bingus - 03-03-2023

Was too powerful, the crime families couldn't metagame their way out of it and little effort was needed by law enforcement to get the charges to stick. RICO will not be making a return in the foreseeable future.

RE: Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations law - MxR - 03-03-2023

(03-03-2023, 12:46 PM)Bingus Wrote: Was too powerful, the crime families couldn't metagame their way out of it and little effort was needed by law enforcement to get the charges to stick. RICO will not be making a return in the foreseeable future.

We never metagame Smile Smile