Diverge Networks
Grimsrud Crime Family - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: 1980s Mafia Roleplay (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Faction Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+---- Forum: Denied (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+---- Thread: Grimsrud Crime Family (/showthread.php?tid=5438)

Pages: 1 2

Grimsrud Crime Family - Zane - 03-03-2023

Name of Faction: Grimsrud Crime Family

Number of Members (Minimum of 5): 11 

Type Of Faction (Family, Triad, Street Gang, etc): Family

Ethnic Background (ex: Italian, Greek, African American, Irish, etc): Norwegian

Name of Character running the faction: Fredrik Grimsurd and Ivar “The Ripper” Grimsrud

Your Discord # (ex: gamer#4210): Z̶a̶n̶e̶.̶#1223

Your SteamID: STEAM_0:0:525827534

Your Server playtime: Diverge | Your total time is 1mo 4d 10h 6m.

Do you acknowledge and agree to all faction rules as detailed on the server rules page? (Yes/No): Yes

Do you acknowledge that your faction discord will be owned and managed by the official DVN account? (Yes/No): : Yes

Organization Backstory (Min. of 250+ Words & any images): https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-b0ahozcxFdUCmhINHuM7AwgLOyjxhCUc_rqDP6m8oQ/edit

RE: Grimsrud Crime Family - CaptSkull21 - 03-03-2023

+1 a new race for a crime family will be new rp into the game I think this idea is a good one

RE: Grimsrud Crime Family - NovaLuna - 03-04-2023

+/- the backstory is fine STORY wise, but the grammar and formatting is pretty hard to deal with.
Play time is very good, so that's a plus.
I recommend revisiting the backstory and formatting it out and fixing the grammatical errors.

PS in your application, you list the two lead characters as "Fredrik Grimsurd" and "Ivar 'The Ripper' Grimsrud". I assume you accidentally misspelled Grimsrud for Fred?

All that being said, Norwegians sound like an interesting dynamic, and I think it would be interesting to see!

RE: Grimsrud Crime Family - Eospin - 03-04-2023

Honestly, the concept is fine as it is, but what difference does a Norwegian mob actually bring? How is it different from a more known and structured mob, such as the Russian mob, other than it being not structured and those more readily changeable?

Also, this is mafiaRP. There are, generally, only a few nationalities that people pick when they join the server, the chief two being Italian-American or American, at least that's what I assume. When you implement factions that are based on unknown archetypes of organized crime, people will very very rarely join the server and pick the required nationality to join, requiring them to not only not be grabbed by whatever group represents them, but be willing to make a new character.

To me, while this brings some level of diversity to the crime we do have (which means maybe we can get out of this stale area of nobody ever fighting), it doesn't bring anything more than something like the Polish or Russian mob, and those are far more known and likely to have new players instantly ready to join.

Maybe the issue of how unknown something like this is can be remedied by a list of factions that represent each nationality, but that leads to the problem of other nationalities being completely ignored, as well as people being very influenced by seeing 2349784293847 italian mobs and like 3 asian factions and not much else. I just don't see a point, I guess, in the faction being Norwegian- the backstory isn't really influenced by the culture, its just an italian mob with it being in Norway. Also, MCs were not a thing in 1898. 'Motorcycles' existed, but MCs weren't a thing until, like, the early 50s. Hells Angels started in 1948.

I think that the server would be better off with another Asian faction that's populated so that the Asians can become their own clique or something. Or maybe a Russian mob that works with the Polish.

RE: Grimsrud Crime Family - Fox - 03-04-2023

I think diversity is good for faction applications but as stated previously, the story is quite difficult to read. I think in the story, you've tried to pad it out as much as possible but without offering any substance to it. I think you have some good ideas but it needs to be re-visted. If you went back and rewrote the story using the one you have now as a guide I'd be tempted to change my post to a +1 for sure

RE: Grimsrud Crime Family - DuckVader - 03-04-2023

+1 Good story and i think we need more diverse mobs besides the same 3 nationalities in the server already lol

RE: Grimsrud Crime Family - Diego Sanchez - 03-04-2023

+1, seems dope to have a Norwegian type of mafia in the game, they got my upvote

RE: Grimsrud Crime Family - sniperfury101 - 03-05-2023

+1, good idea and would create variety and a new experience bringing in the norwegian mob would create more opportunies for RP and drama as a whole.

RE: Grimsrud Crime Family - MrBurntToastt - 03-05-2023

+1 Some new diversity is always a great idea

RE: Grimsrud Crime Family - Seansx - 03-05-2023

cool to have new diversity on the server adds much more to rp