Diverge Networks
Fox Reapplication - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Accepted (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Thread: Fox Reapplication (/showthread.php?tid=5441)

Fox Reapplication - Fox - 03-04-2023

Staff Application Format

Note: I was recently removed from staff due to spending more time with my faction than being on and doing tickets. At the time, the faction had just been approved and my work schedule was a bit mad so the time I spent on the server was getting the faction up and running, it's now mostly running itself and my work schedule has calmed down again. Id just like to point out that during this time I did still hit the ticket quota for the week, but only just. I still have my admin account in my charlist and wouldn't need to be trained again but I totally understand UA's decision if they decide to decline the application or if they believe it's too early to re-apply.

Make the Application Legible. Format it correctly. (Legible colours, etc)

In-Game Name(s): Johnny Alice, Ali Kahlid
Steam Name: Fox
Steam Profile Link:  https://www.steamidfinder.com/lookup/siyico/
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:23088464
Discord Username: Siyico#9742
Total playtime on our Servers (Do !time in-game): 3w 2d 2h 13m
Time Zone: GMT 
How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?: 
I am at my PC pretty much 4 days on and then 4 days off, depending on my shift schedule. So I can usually moderate during that time for quite some time. This will affect my ticket scores depending on which days I'm working but I will always ensure that the ticket quota is met.
Have you read the rules?: Of course
Do you have a working microphone?: Yes
Do you acknowledge that you must attend all staff meetings (Unless you have stated why you cannot beforehand): Yes, of course
Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands?: As an ex-mod I am familiar with SAM and NS scripts that the server requires.
Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?: Yes.
-------------------------------------------------
Long Answer
Questions proceeded with an asterix require a response of 5 Sentences Minimum.

What is your motivation/reason for applying?:  * 
As an ex-moderator I found the job quite rewarding. I enjoy learning new things and  I really enjoy the role and enjoy helping people as/when I can. As I'm based in Britain there are times that I am on the server where there are smaller amounts of players and I sometimes see blatant rule-breaking but am unable to do anything. I am motivated in ensuring that everyone is following the rules and not disturbing other players trying to roleplay and have a good experience. I believe I am a fair person and always attempt to listen to people to get all of the information required. I have quite a lot of spare time and as I already spend a lot of time in the server, I'm quite forward in making the environment free from rule breaking and always provide help and information to new players, even as a non-staff member to ensure everyone is having a good time on the server.

Why should you be considered over other candidates?: 
I'm quite confident in the role. I know how to deal with most situations, but when I am unaware of something I am not afraid to ask someone else and learn, so that I can apply the knowledge in tickets going forward. I'm mature, in and out of character and always have been. I do not have a history of rule breaking, warnings and I've never been banned. I'm also comfortable with commands and using logs to review evidence. As stated, I am also in a british timezone so I can be present as a moderator at different times to a lot of the other moderators.

Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where, what position and how long):
I was previously a moderator on Diverge as stated above, I also have been staff on a number of DarkRP servers. I previously hosted my own server and did a lot of the admin work there. I also staffed for a time on a custom server Gmod.biz, although this was a fairly long time ago. 

Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?: 
I have never been banned, I came close on one occasion but I believed it to be a misunderstanding and was warned by the staff who took the ticket and took the warning without argument

Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?:  
I think most people on the server would agree that I'm quite a good roleplayer. The people that I usually roleplay with daily are quite confident in me and my ability. It's my hope that when people see me on the servers they know that they can have good conversation and roleplay with me, at any time.  I've been in numerous different organisations over my time playing Diverge and MPRP, so there are quite a lot of people who know me and the effort that I put in, I have no history of mingey behaviour, even playing as civilian characters that people may not know - I always have RP backed up for everything that I do.

Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names: No recommendations direct but I hope some of the current moderators would recommend me if asked.
-------------------------------------------------
Problem Solving
Detail step by step exactly the actions you would take.

Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?: If the RDM happened and I wasn't directly affected, I would either raise it with another staff member to deal with the sit accordingly, or if I am finished with my roleplay I would hop on duty and handle the ticket. Gather all information, from both sides, including asking for video evidence, checking logs and then dish out punishment - depending on the warnings/bans of the RDMer.

You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?: I would raise my concern with them directly, and advise them that it's clearly abusing their position, if it continued I would collect evidence and provide it to the appropriate UA for their review.

A very good friend of yours joins the server. Over the course of an hour, you’ve received multiple complaints about them not following rules, RDM’ing, and minging. How do you proceed knowing this can affect your friendship with them?: I have actually been put in this situation and here is how I handled it. A friend of mine was breaking NLR and bothering a business. I pulled them into a sit and advised them not to do it, and gave them a warning for NLR. My friendship with someone does not mean that they can break rules. If someone is breaking server rules then to me, they should be dealt with like any other player - despite friendship
---------------------------------------------------------

Please understand that once a staff application is posted you are open to receiving either negative or positive critique from the community as well as staff. Your consistent activity on the server will also be monitored and applications can remain open for weeks before any sort of decision is made on them.

Fox Reapplication - Canadian-bacon - 03-04-2023

Thank you for applying to the Diverge Networks staff team!
It is my pleasure to inform you that your application has been accepted.

Submit a ticket on our Discord for training and to get setup.