Diverge Networks
Pharmacy prescriptions - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: 1980s Mafia Roleplay (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Denied (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+---- Thread: Pharmacy prescriptions (/showthread.php?tid=5459)

Pharmacy prescriptions - Elapsed_Data - 03-08-2023

A little backstory before I talk about this suggestion:

There was a guy that came into the pharmacy and was in the process of being hired and a customer came in. The hire RPed out that he was filling a prescription and I came up with the idea of why not implement a prescription npc or faction npc that can access these new prescriptions. 

Prescriptions would be the legal substitution to illicit substances and would be more accessible. The way these prescriptions would work is there would be different kinds of pill bottles that boost a players stats and/or target different aspects of that player and also have some side effects. Similar to getting a high off coke and getting a speed boost, depending on how much the consumer uses, they become addicted and therefore have to keep buying it. 

some possible prescriptions that could be implemented 

Prescription that boosts a players speed
Prescription that boosts a players health a bit
Adderall like prescription that can steady a users gun aim / recoil.

These are some ideas that I brainstormed and I do believe some of these may not be possible but it would be really cool to see an exclusive NPC at the pharmacy whether that is player accessible or faction accessible.

If this NPC were to be faction accessible only, the idea would be for a player to show a prescription that they get at the hospital IC. (Could be an item they purchase at the hospital npc or just RP it out?)

RE: Pharmacy prescriptions - NovaLuna - 03-08-2023

I think this would be cool, but for it to be viable it would have to be much weaker than normal drugs, as to not provide a completely viable alternative to them. Perhaps they do about half the effect and cost almost the same, with the benefit being they are completely legal if you have a prescription and police cannot punish you for them.

Alternatively, it could be only a rehab sort of option, which I think is much more possible. You buy pills to counter any addictions you may have, they are really expensive, about the same as the drugs themselves, but you can't get in legal trouble for them.

RE: Pharmacy prescriptions - Elapsed_Data - 03-08-2023

(03-08-2023, 02:16 AM)NovaLuna Wrote: I think this would be cool, but for it to be viable it would have to be much weaker than normal drugs, as to not provide a completely viable alternative to them. Perhaps they do about half the effect and cost almost the same, with the benefit being they are completely legal if you have a prescription and police cannot punish you for them.

Alternatively, it could be only a rehab sort of option, which I think is much more possible. You buy pills to counter any addictions you may have, they are really expensive, about the same as the drugs themselves, but you can't get in legal trouble for them.
I like this! I think the idea that the prescriptions being used as a rehab substance is a great addition.

RE: Pharmacy prescriptions - Guitar Guy - 03-09-2023

+1 More building specific NPCs should be a thing. Creates value in specific buildings because only that building can serve as that. AKA: not every building is transformed into a restaurant and not all buildings could get a pharmacy NPC.

RE: Pharmacy prescriptions - Shook - 05-17-2023

As the current owner of pharmacy I may be slight/very bias in this matter. I do think this is a really good idea, my employee's could work out a delivery system where we can deliver people's prescriptions to people. Like you said also it will give each property a unique NPC with unique things it can do.
+1