Diverge Networks
Unban Appeal - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Ban Appeals (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Forum: Accepted (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+---- Thread: Unban Appeal (/showthread.php?tid=5484)

Unban Appeal - Vito Tortellini - 03-11-2023

Your Name: Vito Tortellini

Your SteamID (Click to retrieve): https://steamcommunity.com/id/Grunt04/

Your Discord ID#: HydesDad#5439

Reason for ban: "RDM x8"

Length of ban: 30 Days, says to be extended to perma

Reason for appeal (dispute/apology): I'm a serious rp'er, and was just caught in a bad situation. A player had hit my boss with their car (This player was very clearly not a serious role player). Mind you, we've not been accepted yet as a faction, but still structure as one. My boss arrived to the storage containers where I was rping with the other people there, and so does the guy who hit him. The culprit was a few containers down, glitching his taxi into the unit door, with two weed plants inside. My boss told me that he was the one who hit him, and to kill him.  I did so accordingly. I was then brought to a sit, where my past offences from last year came up. I'll admit I used to not be a great rper, and in fact I have had my fair share of rdms. But I can assure you that I am a changed man, and regret all of my previous mistakes. And if you asked anyone I've rped with in the last 30 days, they'd tell you just that. I'm confused as to why my ban was "RDM x8" though If the punishments for these offences already took place when they occured over a year ago. Please do consider this, as I really do love playing on the server.

Why should you be unbanned?
As previously stated, I don't think this situation catered a punishment whatsoever. However, regardless of how you see it, why should my past offenses, my mistakes, from over a year ago that I have been punished for already, dictate my punishment now? If you took  2 minutes to think about and try to understand the situation from my point of view, you'd see this is just a misunderstanding.
Additional Information (images, videos, etc):

RE: Unban Appeal - pr3ttyls - 03-11-2023

From your past bans and PO's, that is what me and marzii came to conclusion to give you. I understand that it was a while ago however you have MULTIPLE for the same reason, with your last ban of RDM being 30 days. I understand you might be a different guy from previous bans but you have had multiple warnings. Next time, do not be disrespectful in a sit, and do not kill someone an hour after they run 'your boss' over.

RE: Unban Appeal - Marzii - 03-11-2023

Hello! I am not the one who either took the ticket nor banned you but I was there to help out in this situation. You claimed "My boss told me to kill them" even though it has been some time since they ran over your boss usually most situations get "lost" after 15 minutes of happening. I was not told the whole story of this but if he was "glitching his taxi into the unit door" you should've called staff when you first saw it happen. The reason as to the 30 day ban was because you have still yet to understand when or when not to kill someone, your trigger happy it seems.

RE: Unban Appeal - Vito Tortellini - 03-11-2023

(03-11-2023, 09:57 PM)pr3ttyls Wrote: From your past bans and PO's, that is what me and marzii came to conclusion to give you. I understand that it was a while ago however you have MULTIPLE for the same reason, with your last ban of RDM being 30 days. I understand you might be a different guy from previous bans but you have had multiple warnings. Next time, do not be disrespectful in a sit, and do not kill someone an hour after they run 'your boss' over.
I think it's a little petty to let mutual shit talk influence your decision, they talked their shit back. And I was never aware when my boss was actually run over.

(03-11-2023, 10:06 PM)Marzii Wrote: Hello! I am not the one who either took the ticket nor banned you but I was there to help out in this situation. You claimed "My boss told me to kill them" even though it has been some time since they ran over your boss usually most situations get "lost" after 15 minutes of happening. I was not told the whole story of this but if he was "glitching his taxi into the unit door" you should've called staff when you first saw it happen. The reason as to the 30 day ban was because you have still yet to understand when or when not to kill someone, your trigger happy it seems.
I was not aware when they hit my boss. It's not really the first thing that comes to one's mind when told their boss has been run over, the culprits are right there, and to shoot them.

Unban Appeal - Ram - 03-13-2023

Your ban appeal has been reviewed and accepted.

You killed two individuals on evidence that had zero ground other than the fact that "they were in a taxi." You need to know beyond a reasonable doubt that these were the individuals who hit you with their car.

However, despite you being in the wrong, your ban will be removed from your account. I expect this to be the last time you RDM and if you do so again, do not expect a lenient punishment.

We have determined this ban to be reasonable and/or justified.

Ensure you have read our Server Rules