Diverge Networks
Blicky's Moderator Application - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Denied (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Thread: Blicky's Moderator Application (/showthread.php?tid=5494)

Blicky's Moderator Application - Blicky - 03-12-2023

Staff Application Format
If you wish to apply for staff be sure to fill out the following format. Make sure applications are neat and legible. Short or low effort Applications will be denied.

Make the Application Legible. Format it correctly. (Legible colours, etc)

In-Game Name(s): Michael "Mikey" Martono

Steam Name: Blicky#1488

Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198253394449/.

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:146564360.

Discord Username: Blicky#0001.

Total playtime on our Servers (Do !time in-game): 1d 5h 58m.

Time Zone: Eastern Standard Time.

How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?:  I can dedicate as much time as needed, I am active every day almost all day long.

Have you read the rules?: Yes, I have.

Do you have a working microphone?: Yes, I do.

Do you acknowledge that you must attend all staff meetings (Unless you have stated why you cannot beforehand): Yes, I do.

Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands?: Yes, I am.

Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?: Yes, I do.
-------------------------------------------------
Long Answer
Questions proceeded with an asterix require a response of 5 Sentences Minimum.

What is your motivation/reason for applying?: My motivation for applying to Diverge Networks and assisting them with staffing of their server is due to the fact that I honestly miss Garry's Mod and the fun interactions that I had with people. Back when I used to be a Moderator for Prometheus under the name of Blicky, it was genuinely fun being able to interact with everyone. Unfortunately, at some point I had to leave but now that I am back, I would like to assist in any way I could. I am familiar with majority of the commands for ULX, SAM and both; Nutscript and Helix frameworks and I am dedicated and easygoing/supportive. I also feel as if I could assist with the development side of things if needed to help bring better content to my fellow community members, I am familiar with schema interaction, et cetera.

Why should you be considered over other candidates?:  I don't feel as if I should be considered over other candidates, however, if I am considered I can bring professionalism, dedication and leadership to my peers and my fellow members. I am familiar with the commands as listed above, I am capable and easygoing, I am a good listener if someone ever needs it, and I am quick and efficient with every situation brought before me. I can bring a lot to the table if given the chance and I can be dedicated ninety-nine percent of the day to doing these things I've mentioned. I also believe that with my experience, I could make the community overall better, but it's already pretty good. I have also been administrating for Garry's Mod servers for over four years.

Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where, what position and how long): 

- Prometheus Networks (Moderator, roughly three months.)

- Revenant Networks (Moderator, roughly one month. Had to resign due to IRL reasons.)

- Typhon Networks (Moderator, roughly two and a half months.)

- Nymera.co (Moderator, roughly one and a half months.)

- Revival Servers (Teamspeak 3 Head Administrator/Vietnam RP Administrator, roughly three months.)

- Legio-III Gallica (Supervisor Administrator, roughly three months.)

Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?: No, I have not.

Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?:  I would say that I am not very known in Diverge's community. I currently do not have a reputation within the community. But I would say that other members probably view me as another member of the community really. But hopefully with this in mind, I can live up to their expectations and make a reputation for myself.

Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names: Tower.
-------------------------------------------------
Problem Solving
Detail step by step exactly the actions you would take.

Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?: I would immediately get on duty and pull said person aside to a private location, from that point I would proceed to check the logging system for any infractions per report and if finding any logs proving the RDM I would issue a kick as a warning and direct them to our rulebook and if said person joined back and made the same infraction I would issue them a ban and direct them to our rulebook.

You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?: I would report my peer to a fellow staff member above his rank subtly and inform them of the ongoing abuse; even nothing "too" noticeable and let my senior peer handle the situation to ensure professionalism and respect is maintained and intact.

A very good friend of yours joins the server. Over the course of an hour, you’ve received multiple complaints about them not following rules, RDM’ing, and minging. How do you proceed knowing this can affect your friendship with them?: I would immediately set aside the bias of said person being my friend and I would punish them accordingly albeit a kick or a ban, solely due to the fact that they are my "friend" doesn't mean they receive special treatment or bias compared to their fellow members. So with that being said, essentially I would get on duty if I wasn't already on duty, pull them to a roof or another private location and I would inform them of the rules they have broken and provide evidence (if any) of said rules being broken via logs/videos then I would let them know that I will be issuing them a kick/ban for said violations and move on to helping the next member.
---------------------------------------------------------

RE: Blicky's Moderator Application - Sayeed - 03-12-2023

+1 Will do well in the position

RE: Blicky's Moderator Application - Shalom - 03-12-2023

+1 Good Experiences

RE: Blicky's Moderator Application - Prime - 03-12-2023

+1
Dedicated

RE: Blicky's Moderator Application - King_Tony - 03-13-2023

+1 Smart guy, give him staff

RE: Blicky's Moderator Application - Blake - 03-13-2023

+1 Known him for years always dedicated and good staff on all servers he plays on.

Blicky's Moderator Application - Rem - 03-14-2023

Thank you for applying to the Diverge Networks staff team.
Unfortunately, your application has been denied.

You may apply again in 30 days. You may apply sooner if you receive permission from a Head Administrator or higher.