Diverge Networks
Rae's Ban Appeal - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Ban Appeals (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Forum: Denied (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+---- Thread: Rae's Ban Appeal (/showthread.php?tid=5513)

Rae's Ban Appeal - Rae2quick - 03-16-2023

Your Name: Rae

Your SteamID (Click to retrieve): STEAM_0:1:493953043

Your Discord ID#: Rae#8038

Reason for ban: MetaGame

Length of ban: perm

Reason for appeal (dispute/apology): I don't see why I was banned nor why I was given a perm ban for simply still having Admin roles in a (Words from Rem OOC DISCORD) and saying 1 thing and that was "Franks crew kicks up 500k now" in a OOC discord not giving any orders as I stepped down from boss more than a week ago and had solider, Soldier Decedunto (Amici Nostra) which means you have been pked, while waiting out my pk timer I have been in the cassanos as before I joined Bonannos I was made in cassano so I will always be allowed in that faction I have been roleplaying with cassano and within there properties, I've been grinding coke and trying to make money to pay for Cassanos kickups this week, from what I heard I was banned for not having any message history in cassanos discord so it was metagame? They just made a new discord as did the bonanno as did every other faction, I would not have any history I just joined them 3 days ago only time I have even used there discord was once to ask mitch to play DAYZ a game not related to Gmod in anyway. I'm really confused on why I get banned for metagame when I have done nothing, I have not made any orders to anyone or any Bonannos as I DONT HAVE A CHARACTER IN THAT FACTION. I was pked 3 days after I stepped down as boss cause I have some irl stuff happening and I was a capo for a day before I did a pk on another faction member killing him but dying also, losing a long time character with many custom clothing items, guns and money. 

Why should you be unbanned? I did not metagame nothing I said was used IC nor was it IC I have not given any orders IC or even OOC I said one thing in a OOC discord per say UA which nothing in there can be used IC as it been said to us many times, in the channel you see me talking about mainly IRL stuff talking about the business I'm looking to own and the house I'm buying I did ask two questions about the family as I HAVE BEEN THE FACTION LEADER FOR 7 MONTHS AND WANT TO KNOW HOW MY FACTION IS DOING which should not be against the rule, this is not just some Gmod faction its a friend group we do other things then talk about gmod and play all day we play other games and talk about other things as its a OOC DISCORD! I've been in this community for a long time and I have just been un permed banned about 7-8 months ago and since then I have only been banned once for 2 days I have not broken any rules and brought actual RP to this server rather then drugs farming and shooting.

Additional Information (images, videos, etc): 

RE: Rae's Ban Appeal - Cordelier - 03-16-2023

This reads like a series of disjointed and incoherent ramblings, but I'll endeavour to piece together anything of substance to respond to regardless.

I would first like to frame this in the context of your behaviour and history on the server - you have been banned numerous times. Time and time again, you demonstrate your inability to learn from your mistakes; your incorrigibility makes any temporary ban completely meaningless as a corrective measure.

You have a reputation for being needlessly combative, irascible, and, as the deranged essay you just shat out demonstrates, mentally unstable.

Upon looking through the chats in the Bonanno discord, I noticed you'd been making suggestions, commands, and other messages to the members of what used to be your faction; this included telling someone to pay kick ups, giving figures to Grant on what amounts should be paid, and other actions which would, necessarily, need to be underlined by some authority in the faction. Curiously, you only had the soldier role.

I was hardly shocked when I saw that you, once again, were attempting to circumvent server features. You'd been PK'd on the 11th, and your immediate action, as demonstrable by the logs, was to make a character and have it transferred into the Cassanos. Surely you'd never attempt to skirt around a faction cooldown, right?

In fact, almost immediately, you'd changed your nickname in the Bonanno discord to the nickname of this new character - and, in what was one of many missteps on your part, neglected to make any corresponding changes in the Cassano discord. Notably, your last message in it was eleven days ago, and you had no character backstory posted there (despite having posted one in the Bonanno discord).

I had a VC with you earlier today in which your aforesaid irascibility came into play. You were immediately hostile, making zero effort to portray yourself in a more positive light. You admitted that you'd informed the Bonannos about kickup amounts to be paid, something that would have died with your character, and claimed that you were going to resume being a boss after your cooldown was up. This would, naturally, render any consequences meaningless. For whatever reason, you also insisted you would resume said leadership on a new character, not your Cassano one. I was later informed by three separate parties this was a lie.

You then made a pathetic attempt to couch this in RP terms - some nonsense about it being a transfer from Jersey, or whatever half-baked fiction you spun on the spot. The fact of the matter is that your new character, to anyone in New York, was a nobody that no one had any relation or ties to. The backstory I mentioned earlier, though, had a laundry list of names attached to it, including names of your previous characters (something forbidden by the rules).

Imagine my surprise when I find out you'd instructed others to lie on your behalf. I VC'd with Grant, who first directly lied to me, then collapsed entirely and admitted the whole affair after I called him out on it. Grant admitted to having plans to put you on bank accounts in the expection of you returning as boss. Again, not quite certain what you hoped to accomplish by lying about which character you'd use. Grant also stated that he had no idea if you even had a character on the server - in fact, I don't think any of the Bonannos knew! In RP terms, they were conversing with your ghost. And, to avoid this implication, he briefly tried to claim the channels in the discord were OOC, something you've attempted to do here, as well. Surely, then, I should proceed to ban everyone using those channels for IC matters for metagame. Except, no, it's only IC or OOC when it suits you.

In your appeal, you did not once even attempt to form a defence of yourself; you seem to believe that being related to a faction's history eo ipso gives you permanent and lifelong authority over it. It does not. You do not own the faction, nor the people in it. 

Not once have you denied having intended to return as don of the Bonannos, which, I imagine, is because you are perfectly aware how egregious your conduct has been. You made two UA tickets in a failed attempt to incite some sort of reaction from me - as far as I'm concerned, you are malicious, neurotic, and need to seek professional psychiatric care rather than continue to play here.

RE: Rae's Ban Appeal - Pendred - 03-16-2023

Individual has since departed all discord servers which serves as acknowledgement of this L and the fact he was in the wrong.

Denied.