Diverge Networks
god - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Denied (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Thread: god (/showthread.php?tid=5522)

god - Eospin - 03-19-2023

In-Game Name(s): Salvatore Bonucci, Frank Randazzo
Steam Name: Uno! 
Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/uno99/ 
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:419567444
Discord Username: Eopsin#6166
Total playtime on our Servers (Do !time in-game): 2 weeks, coming up on 3
Time Zone: CST
How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?: I'd say a fair amount, however it is midterm paper season so my activity will be lower than normal.
Have you read the rules?: Yes
Do you have a working microphone?: Yes
Do you acknowledge that you must attend all staff meetings (Unless you have stated why you cannot beforehand): Yes
Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands?: Yes
Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?: Yes
-------------------------------------------------
Long Answer
Questions proceeded with an asterix require a response of 5 Sentences Minimum.

What is your motivation/reason for applying?:  I HAVE BEEN ORDERED BY RAM... SIR YES SIR OORAH... But in all seriousness, I frequently experience long wait times for tickets and I'd like to contribute to fixing that problem. I'm an experienced player, and I find myself just driving around in my hard earned VEHICLES quite often. I literally just listen to "Sunglasses At Night" and drive around. Why not dedicate this time driving to staffing instead and help out? I have enough time to hop on and staff, and the server could always use some more staff. I can help, so I should.

Why should you be considered over other candidates?:  I was the DA, so I have experience explaining the do's and don'ts to people, and dealing with retards/minges. I also have a lot of experience staffing, and, as Pendred knows, nearly half a decade of LARP EXPERIENCE! I know the rules in and out, I know how players act, and I know what situations require what approach from a staff member, both as someone who has staffed a lot and a player who knows how it feels to be on both ends of the rules. I've never been staff on mafiaRP, but I've been staff on 42rp and MRP. I've played Diverge for a good bit now, and I'd like to think I'm ready and able to apply that experience to this server. I'm also super cool, and no longer 12.

Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where, what position and how long): I have no idea how long any of these spots were, but I was staff on IFN MRP back in 2017/2018, staff on TPN (2019? 2020, maybe?), and staff on Prometheus last year. 

Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?: I was banned on the 20th of December last year for 1 day, for RDM x1 and having a previous RDM warn.

Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?:  I know I'm well known, and I hope it's a generally positive reputation. I've been in quite a few factions, I've done some decent enough RP including working on events with staff (museum event... somespy... I am waiting...), and as stated earlier I was the DA. I worked in the DAs office from around October I believe, and was an ADA under Rossi and Walker. I held the office for a couple months, and then moved on to be replaced by someone able to recruit more regularly and became a court of appeals judge. I think that through my many interactions with people on the server, I've gained a generally positive reputation.

Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names: Ram commanded me to apply, but otherwise I didn't ask anyone.
-------------------------------------------------
Problem Solving
Detail step by step exactly the actions you would take.

Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?: Hop on duty and take the ticket, if someone makes a ticket. Otherwise, it is incredibly unprofessional to physgun someone in the street or anything like that unless its a very pressing issue. Even if there isn't a ticket made, I may issue the player a warning (after hopping on duty) if it was a blatant or especially harmful RDM, however most players see this as also unprofessional and as interrupting their experience if there isn't a ticket made, as it's generally regarded as a non-issue, so I'd like to keep that to a minimum. If I am not able to hop on duty for whatever reason, I'd leave it to the on-duty staff.

You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?: Get evidence and report it to the appropriate individual. 
Keep it short, private, and avoid drama.

A very good friend of yours joins the server. Over the course of an hour, you’ve received multiple complaints about them not following rules, RDM’ing, and minging. How do you proceed knowing this can affect your friendship with them?: I'd refer the issue to another staff member as my inherent bias by being their very good friend will, invariably, affect my judgement. If I have to take the ticket, I have to make it clear that while I hope it won't affect our friendship, I can't let them hurt the experience of others and the perception of me by me ignoring the issue. If it does affect our friendship, so be it, it's really weird to get mad over that stuff.

RE: god - Moses - 03-19-2023

+1

Experienced with both matters of staff, as well as leadership abilities presented by current and former positions on the server — Which, furthermore, also proved a sense of understanding of core server concepts ICly and OOCly.

RE: god - MxR - 03-19-2023

+1 guy somehow has 14k views on his app, but overall very competent at his position in roleplay, so i think he would do very well at moderator.

RE: god - Your1marc - 03-19-2023

I think he is an awesome guy. He is fair, understanding, and helpful as a person. I think both staff and players would benefit from him being accepted. +1

god - Rem - 03-23-2023

Thank you for applying to the Diverge Networks staff team.
Unfortunately, your application has been denied.

You may apply again in 30 days. You may apply sooner if you receive permission from a Head Administrator or higher.