Diverge Networks
Instant’s Staff App - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Denied (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Thread: Instant’s Staff App (/showthread.php?tid=553)

Instant’s Staff App - Instant - 01-21-2021

In-Game Name(s): Don Pavarotti / Gregory Krustav
Steam Name: Instant
Steam Profile Link: http://steam community.com/Id/InstantonMP
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:171440230
Discord Username: 朱Karasu#8408
Total playtime on Server: Honestly idk
Time Zone: EST
How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?: 3-7 hours depending on how busy I am that day.
Have you read the rules?: Yes.
Do you have a working microphone?: Yes
Do you acknowledge that you must attend all staff meetings (Unless you have stated why you cannot beforehand): Yes.
Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands?: Yes.
Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?: Yes.
-------------------------------------------------
Long Answer
Questions proceeded with an asterix require a response of 5 Sentences Minimum.

What is your motivation/reason for applying?: The reason I have decided to apply for staff on Diverge Networks is because, I have experience in MafiaRP and understand how everything works, I know how the mode is played and I understand that a lot of things people consider mingy come along with the community. I also have tons of experience in staffing which means I know what I am doing and how to make reasonable decisions. I also have seen some shit as well as heard shit about the staff team so I think I could greatly contribute to the staff team.
Why should you be considered over other candidates?: I believe that I should be chosen over other candidates because, I have been within the diverge community for multiple months, I am known throughout the community which means the members of the community would trust me as a staff member. I also have the ability to make quick decisions with reasonable judgement. I have experience in the MafiaRP community so things that seems like rule breaking is really just apart of the experience. I also am fairly young so I have nothing to do and can put in lots of time into moderating for the server. 
Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where, what position and how long): I do have staff experience on other servers, I was a Moderator on Mobsters Paradise v1 and that lasted for about a month or two and then the owner just disappeared into the unknown, then I went on to be staff at Men of Respect and I was a Admin there for about a month and then once again the owner disappeared into the unknown. I was a moderator for Atreus and then I decided to buy Atreus and became the owner which also lasted a couple months. 
Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?: No.
Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?: I would like to think that I am fairly known inside the community, most of them like me and trust me as staff but there are a couple of people who dick ride MP and think that I abuse even though I confirmed my innocence through logs on MP. But overall I would say I have a pretty good reputation. 
Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names: No.
-------------------------------------------------
Problem Solving
Detail step by step exactly the actions you would take.

Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?: Simply switch to my staff character, assist the person with their ticket, access the situation based off the information I have + logs for proof, warn the individual RDMING and threaten a ban and possibly ban if they continue. Return the people involved and then stay on duty for a while after just in case and If I don’t get any tickets I will switch back to my RP character.
You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?: Get proof through logs or seeing it and report it to the Staff Manager, Community Manager or Founders.
A very good friend of yours joins the server. Over the course of an hour, you’ve received multiple complaints about them not following rules, RDM’ing, and minging. How do you proceed knowing this can affect your friendship with them?: Ban them, if someone gets mad at me for doing my job and stopping them from being a sped and don’t wanna be friends after that I don’t wanna be friends with them anyway.
---------------------------------------------------------

Please understand that once a staff application is posted you are open to receiving either negative or positive critique from the community as well as staff. Your consistent activity on the server will also be monitored and applications can remain open for weeks before any sort of decision is made on the

RE: Instant’s Staff App - Rem - 01-21-2021

I feel as the responses are a bit low-mediocre.
We already have a lot of EST staff
Not the most professional app
I don't know who you are, while you say you have been here for months.
Never seen you in-game so I am forced to base my response off of the app and your messages on discord.
I have seen you be extremely toxic in discord, and I would rather not have staff to behave like this.

Read before voting: This player seems to be relying on his "past" experience. He seems to not understand what staff is. Normally I'd encourage people to DM me about my response and I'll give them a reason why, and if they seem to be civil and genuine, my opinion may change.
But this player did this in a terrible way. Went into my DMs questioning and saying I should learn the past of Gmod and MafiaRP and basically saying I'm soft. Stating that making a staff app good is not like applying for Microsoft, so he shouldn't spend a lot of time on it. I just find this funny and amusing that he went off in my DMs for a -1 while saying he doesn't care. If anybody who hasn't voted read this, I suggest you think about how this player will handle your tickets.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/771506522970783795/802383839602802707/unknown.png 

RE: Instant’s Staff App - Zook - 01-23-2021

-1 This guy has been nothing but a cocky, toxic asshole to put it to the very least. He has a inflated ego, and is really toxic. Based off Rem's screenshot it shows it all. This guy probably call someone a mean word in a sit and throw a fit like Santa.

RE: Instant’s Staff App - gozmouZ - 01-23-2021

-1 extremely ego based person, on the verge of ego death if you call him irrelevant in a gmod discord. toxic and annoying.

RE: Instant’s Staff App - The Milkman - 01-28-2021

-1 Given rem's experience with this person, I don't think he will be a very pleasant staff member. If he's truly this toxic and egotistical, then I believe that putting him in a position with power might lead to problems in the future. 

RE: Instant’s Staff App - ayo - 01-29-2021

As said above

Instant’s Staff App - Pendred - 02-01-2021

Thank you for applying to the Diverge Networks staff team.
Unfortunately, your application has been denied.

Applicant has less than a day playtime, no community presence, no activity. Hasn't logged onto the server in over a week.

You may apply again in 30 days. You may apply sooner if you receive permission from a Head Administrator or higher.