Diverge Networks
The Bronx Cartel - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: 1980s Mafia Roleplay (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Faction Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+---- Forum: Denied (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+---- Thread: The Bronx Cartel (/showthread.php?tid=5539)

Pages: 1 2

The Bronx Cartel - Shook - 03-24-2023

Name of Faction: Bronx Cartel

Number of Members (minimum of 5): 15

Type Of Faction (Family, Triad, Street Gang, etc): Cartel

Ethnic Background (ex: Italian, Greek, African American, Irish, etc): British

Name of Character running the faction:  Tyson Stone

Your Discord # (ex: gamer#4210): Shook#1416

Your SteamID: STEAM_0:0:207879818

Your Server playtime: 2D 10H 14M

Do you acknowledge and agree to all faction rules as detailed on the server rules page? (Yes/No): Yes

Do you acknowledge that your faction discord will be owned and managed by the official DVN account? (Yes/No): : Yes

Organization Backstory (Min. of 250+ Words & any images): The Bronx Cartel is a notorious mafia Organisation that operates in the Bronx borough of NYC. The Cartel was founded in the late 1970's by a group of Italian-American gangsters who had previously worked for other mafia families. The Cartel quickly gained a reputation for being one of the most ruthless and violent criminal organizations in the city. They primarily operate in the drug trade mainly cocaine. but are also involved in extortion, gambling, Illegal weapon dealing & and prostitution. The Cartel is known for their use of extreme violence often using the PPSH to assert their dominance. The Cartel is headed by a boss, this being Tyson stone who has managed 3 Cartels prior with loads of experience under his belt. The organization is divided into crews, each with their own unique and skilful members. Gaz Thomas being the leader of one, his job is to take out targets and he's very lethal with a revolver. The Cartel is known for being highly organized and efficient, with a strict code of conduct that emphasizes loyalty and secrecy. Despite the efforts of law enforcement in the past the Cartel has continued to operate and expand it's operations over the years. The organization has also been able to evade prosecution by using intimidation and bribery to control local officials and law enforcement.  The Cartel has a reputation for being extremely violent and ruthless, with a long history of carrying out brutal acts of retribution against anyone who crosses them. The organization has also been involved in numerous high-profile murders including Michael Jackson. Overall the Bronx Cartel is a powerful and dangerous criminal organization that has a firm grip on the criminal underworld of the Bronx.

RE: The Bronx Cartel - Infamy - 03-24-2023

Playtime is close to none, backstory is no bueno 

RE: The Bronx Cartel - Shook - 03-24-2023

(03-24-2023, 04:53 PM)Infamy Wrote: Playtime is close to none, backstory is no bueno 

Yes I'm pretty new but I have had a lot of experience packed into my time here, I've done everything and have been well taken care of by Diamond Syndicate. I came to this server with 15+ friends and we are looking to branch out. I don't have much experience with the backstory though but I've given it my best, if you can give me a chance I'd appreciate it and show you we can do well.

RE: The Bronx Cartel - Harry77711 - 03-24-2023

I feel like as a new player who is bringing a vast amount of new players to the community they deserve a chance to prove they can bring a new challenge to the already established factions on the server. +1

RE: The Bronx Cartel - CharlesSKS - 03-24-2023

-1 Your low player time effects you tremendously, not to mention the backstory being a cluster of threatening information that many could find to be a future issue if accepted. Also the Bronx and British aspect doesn’t work well together.

RE: The Bronx Cartel - IZO - 03-24-2023

-1 A brittish cartel in the bronx in the U.S.... Just the background sounds like you did a dice roll and combined all those characteristics and the backstory is really low quality... Also it just seem like a minge faction like "The organization has also been involved in numerous high-profile murders including Michael Jackson."

RE: The Bronx Cartel - NovaLuna - 03-24-2023

So you list it as British, but it’s founded by a bunch of Italian Americans?
Also, the backstory is flat out unoriginal, no offense. “A violent Italian cartel” is as basic as it gets, and even then you didn’t put in the real effort that would make it remotely considerable. If you are genuinely interested in creating a faction, rethink your story and origins, with a more unique idea. Use a google document instead of the forum, and link to it. Format, spellcheck, and spice it up with some images and formatting. As it is now, this is a very poorly done application.
(Forgive MY formatting, as I am on mobile.)

RE: The Bronx Cartel - lmaoitsshrek - 03-25-2023

-1, Literally the first sentence of the backstory you messed up, "The Bronx Cartel is a notorious mafia Organisation that operates in the Bronx borough of NYC.", Theres a difference between cartels and mafia families. Also, come up with a better name. Get more playtime too, could've just used ChatGPT and it would've came out better.

RE: The Bronx Cartel - justcallmeryan - 03-27-2023

Bro used chat gpt and still had a shit backstory lmao

RE: The Bronx Cartel - Scar - 03-27-2023

Hey guys, Scar here! I feel as a Bri Ish degenerate, this faction is shit. If you really want to do a Bri Ish style faction, put your Canadian goose jacket on, get your shank and put your hand in your trousers. Proper Roadman style, If you don't do your faction like this. There is no way you'll ever be added to the server!!

- Mr Scar (Bri Ish Expert!)