Diverge Networks
Winther's Staff application - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Denied (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Thread: Winther's Staff application (/showthread.php?tid=5559)

Winther's Staff application - Winther - 03-28-2023

In-Game Name(s): Jericho "Snow" Zielinski 
Steam Name: Nukem767
Steam ID: 76561199013128398
Discord Username: #Winther7737
Total playtime on our Servers (Do !time in-game): 1 week 1 day 58 minutes 
Time Zone: EST
How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?: 10-12 hours a week (Even after I finish college).
Have you read the rules?: Yes
Do you have a working microphone?: Yes
Do you acknowledge that you must attend all staff meetings (Unless you have stated why you cannot beforehand): Yes
Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands?: No but I am willing to learn
Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?: Yes
-------------------------------------------------
Long Answer
Questions proceeded with an asterix require a response of 5 Sentences Minimum.
What is your motivation/reason for applying?:  * My motivation for applying was so that I can become gamemaster In the process of becoming a moderator. I also believe being a moderator is good experience for me because my college major is human resources, so with the stuff I learn in college, I can put that to use on the server as practice as well. Another reason why I'm applying is because I just straight up enjoy the server. There's also not a lot events going on so once I receive and deal with enough tickets I will apply for gamemaster and create cool events. I was thinking like scavenger hunts, convoy missions, maybe bring back the pvp arena even. 
Why should you be considered over other candidates?:
  I honestly don't know why you should pick me over other candidates. I think that I'd be a good candidate because since that no one knows me around the server, no one can bribe me or anything if they get caught breaking the rules. I have good people skills as well so if any situations escalate I can calm them. Overall, I'd like to prove that I can be a better candidate than by just explaining it.  *
Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where, what position and how long): No 
Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?: No, but I have been muted on New York for 10 minutes for inciting Batman Roleplay. Also on my very first character I kidnapped a couple people and rdm a few cops but I did not know the rules at the time so I didn't get any bans/warnings.
Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?:  *
I would say that I am not well known really. I've been pk'd about 6 times from playing in New York. All the Italians dislike me I believe so I guess you can say I not well liked or known enough. I have only been playing for 3 months however so I would need more time to make myself more likable. I kind of act autistic and I scream in my
microphone once in a while. But other than I don't have a presence In New York.

Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names: No
-------------------------------------------------
Problem Solving
Detail step by step exactly the actions you would take.
Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?:
  -If I am off duty, I would ping another staff member to see if it is anything too serious. If however they continue to RDM/VDM, then I will take action into my own hands. If they give a reason why they are rdming, I will give them a second warning, if they don't listen, I'll ban them appropriately for the amount of times they've broken the rules.
You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?:
 - I would try to collect evidence against this staff member of course. Maybe even ask them what they're doing. If they tell me to fuck off or try to black mail me, I'd contact a higher up on the server. There's not a lot you do with corruption besides wait until the higher ups figure out what to do.
A very good friend of yours joins the server. Over the course of an hour, you’ve received multiple complaints about them not following rules, RDM’ing, and minging. How do you proceed knowing this can affect your friendship with them?: 
     -Well If I did have a friend like this, I would tell him to stop of course, not everyone rdms and minges on roleplay servers, some people actually want to roleplay. Knowing my friends they'd tell me to fuck off and go on a massive rdm spree. If it did come to him being the worst of the worst, I would simply just permaban him. I wouldn't block him or stop being his friend irl, I would just tell him that my "boss" told me to ban you. I don't have friends that play gmod anyways they think its gay ass game. 
---------------------------------------------------------
Please understand that once a staff application is posted you are open to receiving either negative or positive critique from the community as well as staff. Your consistent activity on the server will also be monitored and applications can remain open for weeks before any sort of decision is made on them.

RE: Winther's Staff application - Marzii - 03-28-2023

-1 fuck no, weird asf, remind me of weber, gonnna scare the player pop away.

RE: Winther's Staff application - Winther - 03-28-2023

(03-28-2023, 05:26 PM)Marzii Wrote: -1 fuck no, weird asf, remind me of weber, gonnna scare the player pop away.
Nah

RE: Winther's Staff application - Duckium - 03-28-2023

To begin with, your playtime is pretty low but your not required to have a lot I assume however the app you written can use more detail it seems repetitive you could spice it up a bit.

Winther's Staff application - Rem - 03-31-2023

Thank you for applying to the Diverge Networks staff team.
Unfortunately, your application has been denied.

You may apply again in 30 days. You may apply sooner if you receive permission from a Head Administrator or higher.