Diverge Networks
BoomRoasted Staff Application - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Accepted (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Thread: BoomRoasted Staff Application (/showthread.php?tid=5576)

BoomRoasted Staff Application - BoomRoasted - 03-29-2023

Staff Application Format
If you wish to apply for staff be sure to fill out the following format. Make sure applications are neat and legible. Short or low effort Applications will be denied.

Make the Application Legible. Format it correctly. (Legible colours, etc)

In-Game Name(s):Alvin Dickman, Pho Fook Sak

Steam Name: BoomRoasted

Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198058256845/

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:48995558

Discord Username: BoomRoasted#8826

Total playtime on our Servers (Do !time in-game): 1 month 1 week, 2 days, 22 hours and 8 minutes.

Server you spend the most time on (SouthSide/UnionCity): Southside

Time Zone: Central

How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?: I am quite active, so several hours a week or more.

Have you read the rules?: Yes I have

Do you have a working microphone?: Yes 

Do you acknowledge that you must attend all staff meetings (Unless you have stated why you cannot beforehand): Yes

Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands?: I am aware what they are but have not used them, I use Java, SQL and other coding language in my IRL job so these commands/codes would be easier to pick up on. 

Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?: I acknowledge.
-------------------------------------------------
Long Answer
Questions proceeded with an asterix require a response of 5 Sentences Minimum.

What is your motivation/reason for applying?:  * One of my biggest motivating factors to join the staff team on this server is to get a different perspective of the community and to bring new ideas and experiences to the community while adhering and upholding the Server rules and regulations. This server is unique to any other server I have played on and if there is anything I can do to help maintain the community I would hope I would be given the opportunity to do so. 

Why should you be considered over other candidates?:  * I have had a lot of good interactions with many people within the Diverge community and believe I have shown to be able to mediate well within the Police Department and back when I was in a criminal faction. My leadership, problem solving, and accountability qualities that I posses I believe would set me up for success as a staff member. The relationships I have built in the community would also allow me to mediate and solve issues in a much calmer setting. I have had recommendations from community members to try staffing and believe I have the time and resources to do such. I am quite active and have the time to set aside to work as a staff member and have a great knowledge and understanding of the rules and am not afraid to step up and take those harder cases as I have done in multiple occasions on my PD character.

Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where, what position and how long): This would be my first true experience with staffing, although I have had friends who have staffed other severs before and I have seen what they do etc.

Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?:Yes, I was banned for 1 day for being a middle man for an character transfer, when I didn't really know what was going on, but I owned up to it once the admin explained the situation and accepted my punishment. What happened was my friend was in a different faction and was leaving that faction to join mine on a new character, so he gave me all of his items and I processed them and gave him start up money when he joined my faction, not knowing that was character transferring still. I was perma banned once my first ban was over the second I logged back in the server, as the console thought I was using an Alt Account to get around a 1 day ban. I was able to rectify this situation and explain that one of my real life friends who lives nearby had come over and grinded on his account on my PC while I was working on something else. 

Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?:  * Being apart of the Police Department I have been able to interact with people with in the department and outside of it. I started out as a cadet and was able to demonstrate leadership and good activity that I was suitable for a leadership position within the Police Department. Throughout my time in PD I would like to believe I have created a reputation as an open and friendly leader who shows respect and expects that in return. I have made connections outside of PD by showing respect and being a generally nice person, I believe most people know who Alvin Dickman is and believe I have given the character a good reputation in the community.  

Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names: Smurf
-------------------------------------------------
Problem Solving
Detail step by step exactly the actions you would take.

Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?: Since I am off-duty, and witness it I can not get involved as staff, if I knew other staff was on a quick message or ticket letting them know to watch over a certain player I believe would be the best course of action.

You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?:Gather evidence, and talk with a senior administrator. I would say confront them but as I am not higher than them I have no seniority or position that would have any authority over them. Put a UA ticket in and allow those in authority to sort things out.

A very good friend of yours joins the server. Over the course of an hour, you’ve received multiple complaints about them not following rules, RDM’ing, and minging. How do you proceed knowing this can affect your friendship with them?:I would hope any of my friends that would join would first read the rules, if your friends are coming into a server you enjoy and ruining your own experience maybe you need to think about them being there in the first place. Knowing it would affect my friendship, I would still adhere to server rules and issue them warning and/or ban, in all seriousness why have a friend who is ruining your fun?

RE: BoomRoasted Staff Application - Average Polish Dude - 03-30-2023

+1 Smart, funny, mature, a great friend to all and would make an even greater staff member!

BoomRoasted Staff Application - Rem - 03-30-2023

Thank you for applying to the Diverge Networks staff team!
It is my pleasure to inform you that your application has been accepted.

Submit a ticket on our Discord for training and to get setup.