Diverge Networks
LucidMango's Staff Application - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Accepted (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Thread: LucidMango's Staff Application (/showthread.php?tid=5604)

LucidMango's Staff Application - LucidMangos - 04-03-2023

In-Game Name(s): Lai "杀手" Long-Po / Jared Frummsubwei
Steam Name: Lucid Mangos
Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/LucidMangos//
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:55442313
Discord Username: Lucy#9903
Total playtime on our Servers (Do !time in-game): 1w 2d 16h 50m
Time Zone: EST
How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?: I can play everyday, I can moderate for as long as needed. But I would like to still be able to play and enjoy the server.
Have you read the rules?: Yes
Do you have a working microphone?: Yes
Do you acknowledge that you must attend all staff meetings (Unless you have stated why you cannot beforehand): Yes
Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands?: I am not familiar with either but Ive done plenty of programming in the past and it wouldnt take too long to get used to them.
Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?:  Yes I acknowledge this.
-------------------------------------------------
Long Answer
Questions proceeded with an asterix require a response of 5 Sentences Minimum.

What is your motivation/reason for applying?: I wanted to apply because I wanted the experience of moderating a server. Also I highly enjoy the time that I've spent playing with the community. This is a community I enjoy so much that I wish to be able to moderate and serve the community to help ensure the livelihood and overall happiness of the server. At first I didn't think about ever becoming a staff. But as time has gone on I've wanted to at least try and see if I could help the staff with moderation. The staff that I've met are all wonderful people that actually somewhat inspire me to want to be able to pose as a figure for the community and represent the picture of what the server is supposed to be. * 
Why should you be considered over other candidates?:  I cant say that you should consider me over someone else who has more experience and knowledge of moderating. But I can say that I will fight tooth and nail for the chance of being accepted. I'm a capable candidate because I can learn all the necessary tools and commands, whatever it may be, quickly. I get along well with others and I can fit into just about any team chemistry. I believe I can benefit the team because I am a quick learner and a very honest and straightforward person.  *
Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where, what position and how long): No, this is the first time Ive ever considered wanting to apply for staff. Which to me means a lot.
Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?: No.
Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?:  I would I'm moderately known within the community. The people in my family(faction not irl family) have told me they really enjoy having me around. Other than that I treat all the other people of the community with utmost respect as well and I haven't had a bad experience with any of them so I think they like me. I've spent a small amount of time recruit for our family but I have helped new members a lot and have always had an open ear for any questions they had. Outside of the family I believe that a lot of people respect me, I've made a lot of good friends on both characters. These are people I have no association with in any way other than the fact we bonded over being able to RP together and enjoy it. I would say I have a good reputation that I uphold on a daily basis.  *
Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names: yes, Lucy has recommended me.
-------------------------------------------------
Problem Solving
Detail step by step exactly the actions you would take.

Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?: If I'm currently playing on the server, and assuming if Im allowed to just hop on my staff character when such an event happens. I would go on-duty and take the ticket. from there I would access the situation and pull the victim and find out who the perpetrator is. From there I would check the logs and see if there is any information I can find out from those. I also would ask the victim for a clip of the RDM. Once confirmed what the outcome is I would take the necessary action required for the situation.  
You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?: I would report the staff member to a higher up who can handle the situation. On top of that I would gather and bring forward any evidence I have of the suspecting staff abusing their roles.
A very good friend of yours joins the server. Over the course of an hour, you’ve received multiple complaints about them not following rules, RDM’ing, and minging. How do you proceed knowing this can affect your friendship with them?: I care more about the wellbeing of the community than one friend causing a ruckus. I simply put wouldn't tolerate any nonsense, depending on the severity of what they are doing would either warn them or just ban them if they aren't complying. I am unbiased when it comes to friends trying to destroy something I love. I simply wouldn't let it affect my friendship with them. But what they do after is up to them. Basically Im saying that I wouldn't hold it against my friend for doing that in regards to our friendship, but I would hold him responsible for what he has done on the server. 

RE: LucidMango's Staff Application - pr3ttyls - 04-03-2023

+1 
He would be great for the staff team, he knows the rules well and is so active. He isn’t biased against anyone and always try’s to get 2 POV’s. 
Known him for a bit now and I know that he will do great.

LucidMango's Staff Application - Rem - 04-08-2023

Thank you for applying to the Diverge Networks staff team!
It is my pleasure to inform you that your application has been accepted.

Submit a ticket on our Discord for training and to get setup.