Diverge Networks
Sal's Staff Application - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Accepted (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Thread: Sal's Staff Application (/showthread.php?tid=5612)

Sal's Staff Application - Sal Maroni - 04-04-2023

In-Game Name(s): Sal “The Pitcher” Genovese
Steam Name: Sptdrk420
Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198271949480/
Steam ID: 76561198271949480
Discord Username: Pitcher#6370 
Total playtime on our Servers (Do !time in-game): 1 Week 2 Days and 28 minutes at time of typing this 
Time Zone: MST 
How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?: As much as I’m on the server RPing I will always be available to take sits and assist others. 
Have you read the rules?: Of course 
Do you have a working microphone?: Yes 
Do you acknowledge that you must attend all staff meetings (Unless you have stated why you cannot beforehand): Of course 
Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands?: Somewhat, would definitely need a reminder however 
Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?: Yes 
-------------------------------------------------
Long Answer
Questions proceeded with an asterix require a response of 5 Sentences Minimum.

What is your motivation/reason for applying?:  * I have been a staff member on two other servers in the past, once on Superior Servers, and once on Mexican Border RP(Both DarkRP Servers) and I’ve noticed I have been able to become more than just myself during my time as staff on those servers. I’ve been able to assist others that are genuinely trying to have a good time. It sucks to see how many late nights on and there’s no staff on and people are being screwed with and getting tired of it. The sad truth is there’s a lot of minges that migrate through the server just to mess with people until A.) They are banned or B.) They are bored. When people give them the same reaction they want over and over, they don't succumb to boredom. It takes consequences and a lot of the Time that's not a thing because there are no staff late at night. 
Why should you be considered over other candidates?:  * I have formed a genuine love for the server and have had a load of fun since I’ve been on it. I would like to see the community flourish. I love the RP situations you can get into on the server and how in depth some of it goes. It can really brighten up someone's day to get on and enjoy something as simple as that. But late at night or even early in the morning when you have minges getting on and ruining that for people it sucks to see because I know for a fact sometimes hopping on with my buddies can brighten up my day and when I’m getting screwed the whole time it sucks. 
Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where, what position and how long): As I had mentioned before I have staff experience on two different servers both being DarkRP one being Mexican Border RP(Moderator 1.5 Months) Superior Servers CO. DarkRP(Super Admin 2 years) Most of my time spent on gmod was spent on sup and I learned a lot on what it meant to yourself and others to be staff, I grew with that community and I love it to this day, I still go and visit and see some old friends. 
Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?: One for Metagame a little while back, it was only a 6 hour ban and I was pretty heated at the time because I didn’t think my ban was right. I didn’t fully understand the rules at the time and it was just some trouble for meta reasons. And the banning staff member was Belle and although I was pretty upset she still handled it very well and I’m honestly glad I understand those sides of the rules now. 
Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?:  * I have personally never had a single problem ooc with someone a part of the community, I’m in many pagers as a friend because in my time on Diverge I’ve kind of thrown myself out there to get myself known and make connections. I’ve always had a good relationship with everybody and everyone was so welcoming when I came into the server and I’m glad I can be the same for others. 
Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names: Yes, Marco Carmelo.
-------------------------------------------------
Problem Solving
Detail step by step exactly the actions you would take.

Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?: You have to stop whatever you’re doing whether that be grinding, or in the middle of a RP interaction at a restaurant you need to go to the sit room, take the sit, and assess and make a clear decision on the situation.  
You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?: Make sure you have proof of this happening (Screenshots, or clips) and make a report on the forums. Nobody should abuse there privilege as staff. 
A very good friend of yours joins the server. Over the course of an hour, you’ve received multiple complaints about them not following rules, RDM’ing, and minging. How do you proceed knowing this can affect your friendship with them?: You suck up, bite the bullet, and punish them. As I said there’s many people just trying to enjoy their time on the server just because he’s your buddy doesn’t mean he’s not being a dick. Punish him to the extent of his wrongdoings and explain to him why. 

Thanks for reading, can’t wait to hear the feedback. - Sal “The Pitcher” Genovese

RE: Sal's Staff Application - Odyseisich - 04-06-2023

+1 The Staff application is well written, sourced and professional as well as me knowing the man from some off my own characters.

RE: Sal's Staff Application - NovaLuna - 04-06-2023

please for the love of god change the font colors to something that isn't an abomination to centuries of color theory

other than that I think Sal would be a pretty good moderator

RE: Sal's Staff Application - Voyles - 04-07-2023

Could use more detail all around, seems like a decent guy in game though

RE: Sal's Staff Application - Marzii - 04-07-2023

+1 seems alright

Sal's Staff Application - Rem - 04-08-2023

Thank you for applying to the Diverge Networks staff team!
It is my pleasure to inform you that your application has been accepted.

Submit a ticket on our Discord for training and to get setup.