Diverge Networks
Snow's Staff Application - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Denied (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Thread: Snow's Staff Application (/showthread.php?tid=5637)

Snow's Staff Application - SnowC - 04-09-2023

In-Game Name(s): Arthur Gelato, Alfred HoundsWorth
Steam Name: Snow
Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198356296813/
Steam ID:STEAM_0:1:198015542
Discord Username: SnowC#6065
Age: 16 (I have an extremely young sounding voice and I've not heard the end of it since joining the server but I believe that people can move past that when they get to know me.)
Total playtime on our Servers (Do !time in-game): 1w 4d 20h 22m.
Time Zone: CST.
How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?: I like to be rping but if this application is accepted I reckon I can spend 1-2 hours monday-thursday, friday-sunday at least 4-5 hours.
Have you read the rules?: Extensively.
Do you have a working microphone?: Yes.
Do you acknowledge that you must attend all staff meetings (Unless you have stated why you cannot beforehand): I understand and accept any consequences for missing a meeting.
Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands?: I'm familiar with SAM, I cannot say I'm well versed in Nutscript commands I've only administered one other Nutscript server.
Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?: I understand 
-------------------------------------------------
Long Answer
Questions proceeded with an asterix require a response of 5 Sentences Minimum.

What is your motivation/reason for applying?:  * My motivation/reason for applying is to be a part of a team that is dedicated to providing an enjoyable and safe gaming experience for all players. I believe my skills and experience make me an ideal candidate for this position.

Why should you be considered over other candidates?:  * I should be considered over other candidates because of my strong communication and organizational skills, my ability to think critically, my knowledge of garrys mod and my commitment to the community. I am confident that I can effectively and efficiently manage the server and provide an enjoyable and safe environment for all players.

Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where, what position and how long):
I wouldn't say I have experience staffing on a server like Diverge but I've been on the starwars rp scene for a while now and think I can adjust to the way the Mafia Rp is ran.

Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?: Yes I've been banned before, Around 3 times for RDM and One for lying in a staff sit/failmug. I take full accountability for the RDM bans. the lying in staff sit and failmug was when I was playing on an alt charcter and messing around I saw a man being mugged and walked up to him searched him and stole a 1911 Pistol, Weed Brick, aswell a phone, I also take accountability for this and will not argue these were false. With the acceptance of punishment I think I and everyone else could move past that I've learned my lesson.

Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?:  * I try to avoid people but inside my faction I think they like me and know I can be professional and act well.

Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names: I cannot say any have recommended me, I try to stay out of the way of staff members. and not really interacted with them out of staff sits.

-------------------------------------------------
Problem Solving
Detail step by step exactly the actions you would take.

Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?: I collect the evidence and make a staff sit
You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?: Collect evidence and speak to someone higher then them if they are a higher ranking member, I then speak to the higher up about this and file a complaint with them.

A very good friend of yours joins the server. Over the course of an hour, you’ve received multiple complaints about them not following rules, RDM’ing, and minging. How do you proceed knowing this can affect your friendship with them?: I would tell them to knock it off and if they didn't listen I would take the 
necessary actions to punish them even if they are my friend I would prioritize acting as a staff member over a friend.

RE: Snow's Staff Application - drakebot5 - 04-10-2023

+1 The answers to the questions show that he seems to have basic knowledge when it comes to staffing and would be a viable staff member, I like how he's unbiased to situations that involve friends which is something we could use in the community. I've dealt with admins who use stuff oocly icly for friends and their faction and its just made the experience unfun so to have someone who i'snt going to do that is a step in the right direction.

RE: Snow's Staff Application - Sal Maroni - 04-11-2023

I'm neutral on this one, I like his app however this "How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?: I like to be rping but if this application is accepted I reckon I can spend 1-2 hours monday-thursday, friday-sunday at least 4-5 hours." was a turn off for me because he stated he would prefer to rp unless it got accepted. Best of luck to you

RE: Snow's Staff Application - l TrillzLit l - 04-14-2023

+1 good guy know him well

Snow's Staff Application - Rem - 04-20-2023

Thank you for applying to the Diverge Networks staff team.
Unfortunately, your application has been denied.

You may apply again in 30 days. You may apply sooner if you receive permission from a Head Administrator or higher.