Diverge Networks
Tyler's staff application - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Accepted (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Thread: Tyler's staff application (/showthread.php?tid=5638)

Tyler's staff application - RIK5TAR - 04-09-2023

In-Game Name(s): Chen"华丽的" Long-po, Senior Officer Richard Smith
Steam Name: RIK5TAR
Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198884400874/
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:462067573
Discord Username: RIK5TAR#0058
Total playtime on our Servers (Do !time in-game): 2w 2d 12h 20m
Time Zone: gmt
How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?: a couple hours a day week days, 3-5 on weekends if needed 
Have you read the rules?: yes 
Do you have a working microphone?: yes
Do you acknowledge that you must attend all staff meetings (Unless you have stated why you cannot beforehand): yes
Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands?: nope, but im very open to learn
Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?: yes 
-------------------------------------------------
Long Answer
Questions proceeded with an asterix require a response of 5 Sentences Minimum.

What is your motivation/reason for applying?:  * I like the idea of helping through situations and solving and resolving the problems within them, plus helping to create a better player base since there are a lot of times where there would be no staff online but there would be like 30 people on who would at some point potentially need staff but no one would be available to help. The chance to be part of a staff team would be fun too, since resolving problems and dealing with people is a great privilege to have. Furthermore, the amount of minges I find in the early hours before and after map changes is sometimes ridiculous, and I usually find myself doing nothing and just either driving or sitting afk in those times, which at some points is upwards of 30 minutes to an hour, so this would not only fill those gaps but also allow me to be a mod, which I've always thought seems very enjoyable to me.
Why should you be considered over other candidates?:  *I am quite active throughout the hours of gmt to est and would happily make more time for staffing since it looks very enjoyable. Not to mention I have a lot of free time and would easily be able to staff in the hours of the days other people aren't. I also enjoy helping people out and have frequently been doing that anyway since I joined the server, not just within my faction but on the streets as well. A lot of the time, I find people in situations in which there wouldn't be a staff member available to help, but if I were staff, I would be a viable option to help; thats not to say that wouldn't apply to everyone, but I would just like to help where I can, even if I didn't get accepted. This would still be an opportunity that I would look forward to maybe in the future. I believe I am very capable of filling this role,and yes, I may not have as much experience moderating as other candidates, but I am sure as hell willing to try harder than they are to keep the position.
Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where, what position and how long):not exactly, i was co-owner on a 40 player minecraft rp server for a while, and have helped mod on other servers, but never anything like this rp
Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?:  Never 
Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?:  * I wouldn't say I'm well known, and I don't have much of a reputation either. I know a good amount of people within the server and have formed relationships not just within Pd or my faction, but around the city as well. I don't think that I have a bad reputation with anyone, and most people I have met have been pretty positive towards me unless in a serious rp situation. So all around, I'd say I'm a new face but a committed one since I see no reason to stop playing anytime soon since I really enjoy myself on this server and have tried to be as helpful as I can to the people in it, although it's more my face or name than I am recognised otherwise.
Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names: Yes, Lucy, Rayve
-------------------------------------------------
Problem Solving
Detail step by step exactly the actions you would take.

Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?: Unless a few other staff are available to help i will most likely switch char and deal with the situation before continuing to rp again
You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?: Report it to UA ( and clip it) or inform a higher ranking staff member not involved with the situation.
A very good friend of yours joins the server. Over the course of an hour, you’ve received multiple complaints about them not following rules, RDM’ing, and minging. How do you proceed knowing this can affect your friendship with them?Fair is fair, i would ofcourse warn them before it would escalate that far, however if they were to continue i would have to ban them since its my job, i would then converse with them after and attempt to repair my friendship with them but duty first.

RE: Tyler's staff application - Quartz - 04-10-2023

+ 1 Great guy who is always open to learn new things. Understands the rules and is a great rper that is liked by many.

RE: Tyler's staff application - SnowC - 04-10-2023

+1 I've not personally interacted with him, but his application looks good and would love to get to know him more

RE: Tyler's staff application - Sal Maroni - 04-11-2023

+1 He a real one

Tyler's staff application - Rem - 04-19-2023

Thank you for applying to the Diverge Networks staff team!
It is my pleasure to inform you that your application has been accepted.

Submit a ticket on our Discord for training and to get setup.