Diverge Networks
Nova Luna's Staff Application - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Management (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Accepted (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Thread: Nova Luna's Staff Application (/showthread.php?tid=5657)

Nova Luna's Staff Application - NovaLuna - 04-12-2023

In-Game Name(s): 
Sebastian Atticus

Steam Name:
Nova Luna

Steam Profile Link:
https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561199132716314/

Steam ID:
STEAM_0:0:586225293 || 76561199132716314

Discord Username: 
NovaLuna#1787

Total playtime on our Servers (Do !time in-game):
Diverge | Your total time is 5d 23h 40m.
(low, I know)

Time Zone:
Pacific Standard Time (West Coast, US)

How much time can you realistically dedicate to moderating?:
I often play for two hour stretches around four times a week.

Have you read the rules?:
I have read them over quite a few times, whenever I have a question I always check through them.

Do you have a working microphone?:
I indeed do!

Do you acknowledge that you must attend all staff meetings (Unless you have stated why you cannot beforehand):
I do, and I look forward to it!

Are you familiarized with SAM and/or Nutscript commands?:
No experience with those commands whatsoever, but I am a good ol' fast learner and I would love to have the knowledge under my belt.

Do you acknowledge that lying on this application will result in immediate denial and blacklisting from staff?:
Of course!
-------------------------------------------------
Long Answer
Questions proceeded with an asterix require a response of 5 Sentences Minimum.

What is your motivation/reason for applying?:  *
I have been here for quite a few months now, and many of my friends have been in the staff team. To be able to help out the server I so enjoy, as well as spend time with nice people that I know, sounds amazing.

I am often on later than most of the admins since I am West Coast (I notice quite a few of the admins are East, and so get off earlier than I), and therefore I can take the tickets that may otherwise go ignored.

I want to be able to enhance the experience of everyone in the server, even if it's such a small thing as administering tickets.
On top of all that, I have always loved the idea of being a "game master" and enriching role play with really fun events, and spicing up the average day in the server. I had co-hosted an event once, and it was extremely fun. I would love to be able to do it again one day.

Why should you be considered over other candidates?:  *
I have people skills, I am a very diplomatic person, and I love to help people out when they first join the server.

The people know me, and I believe many of them will respect my opinion, as I make it clear to everyone I know that I call it how I see it, despite how they may feel about it.
I honestly don't mind spending a long time on tickets or staff situations as I find it to be fun, it's like a little lawsuit, and it genuinely benefits the player base. (If you can't tell, I am applying to be Bar Certified IC, I like law and court.)

I spend a lot of energy into making people happy, and I want to be able to settle disputes within the server and let everyone leave with a positive outlook. Other applicants may have more time, or be older than I, but I have the ability and I have the ambition, and I really hope you will give me a chance to learn, and a chance to improve the server just a tiny bit more.

Do you have any previous staffing experience? (Please list where, what position and how long):
I do not have experience on servers themselves, but I do have management experience.

- I ran the Cult of Cthulhu Gaming Clan for two years. It was a general purpose organization that started many groups in many games, including Mordhau, Foxhole, CS:GO, and more. We had around 300 members by the time I retired.

- I have run countless small organizations since then, but nothing ever got over 100 members at a single time.

I have experience managing people and have always had a knack with settling things peacefully and diplomatically.

Have you been banned before on any of our servers? If so, why?:
I have never been warned or banned on any of your servers.
In fact, I don't think I have ever been banned on a Gmod server in my 1000+ hours across my two accounts.

Would you say that you are well known in our community, what's your reputation, what do other members think of you?:  *
I am extremely happy to say that I am indeed well known! Through my endeavors such as starting my faction, hosting an official event around my character, founding multiple startups, and much more, I have made a name for myself with the many peoples of the server.
I have never had a negative encounter on this server, even once when I was being mugged, I became good friends with my captors. 
I enjoy meeting people here, and I have invited all of my friends to join as well. If I see a white-shirt, I try and help them. That has resulted in me making a LOT of friends, since something even so small as a set of clothes can be really impactful on a new player getting into the server for the first time, who may end up being a regular player.

Have any staff members recommended you? If so, list their names:
- Administrator Fox
- Ex-Staff Moses
-------------------------------------------------
Problem Solving
Detail step by step exactly the actions you would take.

Someone RDMs and you are currently off-duty. How do you handle this?: 
If there were other staff available, I would make a ticket and allow them to handle the situation. Otherwise, I would quickly direct the role-play I am in to an end, and take the ticket my self. I would then handle the sit as usual, collecting evidence from both sides and coming to a fair conclusion.

You have seen a fellow staff member of higher or equal rank than you abusing fairly often, but never doing anything too noticeable. What do you do?:
I would use my recording softwares (I have Medal & OBS) and capture every time they abuse their power. I would then make a staff report with all my compiled evidence, showing very clearly their wrongdoings and every instance of them breaking the rules.

A very good friend of yours joins the server. Over the course of an hour, you’ve received multiple complaints about them not following rules, RDM’ing, and minging. How do you proceed knowing this can affect your friendship with them?: 
I have actually had a few friends do this sort of thing on servers that I want to seriously play in, and it would be so satisfying to be able to actually give them a slap of reality with some punishment.
Obviously, a friend of mine is not valued over the entire server, and they must be treated the same as any other. I would collect appropriate evidence from both sides, and dole out the punishments accordingly.
Just because I know them doesn't mean they get to ruin everyone else's experience scot-free
---------------------------------------------------------

RE: Nova Luna's Staff Application - Fox - 04-12-2023

+1 Always see great RP from Nova, really good forum interaction and very articulate.

Age and play time are a little concerning but I think the way they conduct themselves is very mature and I believe they would make a great moderator.

RE: Nova Luna's Staff Application - Plixily - 04-12-2023

+1 Great fella , super nice and helpful would be great for the staff team.

RE: Nova Luna's Staff Application - SnowC - 04-12-2023

I might have -1 his faction application but Nova can be a pretty cool guy from all of my interactions with him, I think he would make a good member of the Diverge staff team.

RE: Nova Luna's Staff Application - Moses - 04-13-2023

+1,
One of the better members of this community. He's gone on to apply for his own faction that's more than spaghetti and drugs. He's got character, and a good one at that. He's known by a great number of people and his reputation surely is not negative. I have no doubt that with the calm and cool demeanor he carries that he will become a successful staff member. Nova would be a great addition to the team, incredibly so.

RE: Nova Luna's Staff Application - ExodusMal - 04-13-2023

I don’t really know this guy tbh, but if Moses recommends you, then you must be exemplary.

+1

RE: Nova Luna's Staff Application - Callum2454 - 04-13-2023

+1

Good guy knows the rules and he's just a chill guy

Cant wait to see you bud, good luck

RE: Nova Luna's Staff Application - justcallmeryan - 04-13-2023

+1 great rp'er. Would love to see what he can do as staff

RE: Nova Luna's Staff Application - 4Lights - 04-13-2023

+1 Good guy and he knows his shit. Would make a great staff.

Nova Luna's Staff Application - Rem - 04-20-2023

Thank you for applying to the Diverge Networks staff team!
It is my pleasure to inform you that your application has been accepted.

Submit a ticket on our Discord for training and to get setup.