Diverge Networks
PK appeal - Printable Version

+- Diverge Networks (https://divergenetworks.com/forums)
+-- Forum: 1980s Mafia Roleplay (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Character Appeals (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Denied (https://divergenetworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+---- Thread: PK appeal (/showthread.php?tid=5669)

PK appeal - Harry77711 - 04-15-2023

Name of Character: Bando Boulder

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:82813500

Your Discord ID#: Harry.#7844

Date of PK: 15/04/23

Reason for PK: FearRP

Why should you be unPK'd?: So I was told by experienced players and friends a few weeks ago when I first joined the server that you are not required to drop your suit or any item of clothing as it was considered power gaming as they cant physically take it from you. However during a raid of my motel room, the robbers requested I take off my suit and give it to them and I responded with no and immediately killed which is fair enough. I was then dragged to a sit with Belle and was told that I am being pk'd due to failing fear rp. Apparently according to experienced players of the server, this rule has changed recently and I feel its a bit unfair I have been pk'd for a recent rule change that hasn't been massively announced anywhere. I don't have anything against Belle who conducted the ticket as they was doing there job, I would just like my character back as I wasn't aware of the change in rules and would have complied if I knew.

If possible please provide video evidence or photo evidence if PK does not follow the guidelines: I do not have the clip of the incident unfortunatley. 

RE: PK appeal - Irebelle - 04-15-2023

Hello! I am the staff member that issued your PK.

I accepted a PK ticket from someone who provided a clip, via VC in diverge support, showing them initiating a valid mug inside Le Grande. They had instructed you to stop what you were doing and drop your suit. You told them, "No," and proceeded to walk away from the many guns that were pointed at you, breaking fear RP. You attempted to flee from the hallway into your room at Le Grande but died to a gunshot wound to the head, after being instructed by your muggers to stop body blocking the door and to put your hands up.

I pulled you into a sit, explained the reason for your PK, and explained that even though you were under the impression you were being power gamed, you still ultimately broke fear rp and died as a result. I also suggested that if you suspected someone of breaking the rules in a mugging, to play out the mug and make a staff ticket afterwards to see if the muggers broke Fear RP.

I apologize for the loss of your character.

RE: PK appeal - Harry77711 - 04-15-2023

(04-15-2023, 05:59 PM)Irebelle Wrote: Hello! I am the staff member that issued your PK.

I accepted a PK ticket from someone who provided a clip, via VC in diverge support, showing them initiating a valid mug inside Le Grande. They had instructed you to stop what you were doing and drop your suit. You told them, "No," and proceeded to walk away from the many guns that were pointed at you, breaking fear RP. You attempted to flee from the hallway into your room at Le Grande but died to a gunshot wound to the head, after being instructed by your muggers to stop body blocking the door and to put your hands up.

I pulled you into a sit, explained the reason for your PK, and explained that even though you were under the impression you were being power gamed, you still ultimately broke fear rp and died as a result. I also suggested that if you suspected someone of breaking the rules in a mugging, to play out the mug and make a staff ticket afterwards to see if the muggers broke Fear RP.

I apologize for the loss of your character.
Hi Belle. From my memory of the situation if you can get a hold of the clip again I heard people behind me saying stop where you are but I was not in third person and just ran into my room which I was next to. They only asked for my suit once I was inside my room and there was a 3rd or 4th person already in there with a gun, Only then did I refuse to drop my suit and just stay still. I admit I broke the rule of fear rp for not dropping my suit but I didn't know I had to due to thinking it was power gaming. I apologise for the mistake as it is the first time I have been in a mugging situation and was not sure on what to do when asked for my suit so just froze still.

RE: PK appeal - ZOOMER - 04-16-2023

Hello, seems like there are some misconception regarding the rules. I would highly suggest reading up the mugging rules on the forums for the full context.

Thank you for taking the time to create an appeal. If you have any further questions or concerns feel free to contact us directly via discord.

Your appeal has been reviewed and denied.

We have determined this PK to be reasonable and/or justified.

You may not re-appeal this PK.